Thread: quantity control System - Locke

Lightbulb quantity control System - Locke

as we know players love to estimate how many items are in the game today (for example)

When a seller is trying to offer something he always tries to enter the amount of his existing item in the game to get the buyer's attention.

and I had the idea of ​​something that could help the economy in the game a lot and also the movement control the idea is in the same Footprint of Locke that gives you the item information

you would go to the locke and enter the name of the item and it would give you information on how many items are currently in the game (EX).

(Phoenix Hair) He would say that there were only 598 in the game, let's say that 600 hairs were given, but 2 were recycled so they no longer exist in the game, so my idea would be to lock the number of items in the game in the hands of players or saved, if already used they would be removed from the statistics ...

it would basically say only items rare or made with recipe example.

Ghc, Emerald Lock, Ruby Locke, Rainbown egg etc.

just an idea and i would like to know what you think and i am open to constructive opinions.

By: Arquiteto/ Newsteam

but then you ask yourself. and people who are permanently banned and with the item.

Well the system would check her item if it is in the world or in her inventory, thus canceling the count, (only people with ban cards would not be quoted the items because it is a player who will never return) or the item is lost.

thx queenchole for Opnion
    Last edited by Santomok; 02-17-2020 at 03:30 PM.

It would be really helpful!!

I’d love it if this is a thing in Growtopia especially for the items that are required for the Legendary quests like thingamabob, Growie awards, Mint Juleps,GHC,etc...

IGN: iHady

The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you finally achieve it

Subscribe to my youtube Channel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Santomok View Post
    as we know players love to estimate how many items are in the game today (for example)

When a seller is trying to offer something he always tries to enter the amount of his existing item in the game to get the buyer's attention.

and I had the idea of ​​something that could help the economy in the game a lot and also the movement control the idea is in the same Footprint of Locke that gives you the item information

you would go to the locke and enter the name of the item and it would give you information on how many items are currently in the game (EX).

(Phoenix Hair) He would say that there were only 598 in the game, let's say that 600 hairs were given, but 2 were recycled so they no longer exist in the game, so my idea would be to lock the number of items in the game in the hands of players or saved, if already used they would be removed from the statistics ...

it would basically say only items rare or made with recipe example.

Ghc, Emerald Lock, Ruby Locke, Rainbown egg etc.

just an idea and i would like to know what you think and i am open to constructive opinions.

By: Arquiteto/ Newsteam

That could play a huge role in the economy so I don’t think they would implement such a thing this easily
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

I'm pretty sure something like this is practically impossible to implement,

First off, this would be a major weight for the server, as the server has to check each and every users inventory for the "rare items", then push them into the list. Now let's say there's about 2000+ items which are "rare" or worth a lot and that server has to check about 1M+ accounts if they have it in their inventory. (I'm just giving an random number here) if they have that certain item in the inventory, not to mention dropped items as well in worlds. each and every day (as you want a updated amount right?)

It's not something that's in a database like "hey 394 items of this here." it's not stored like that, as there's no need for that.

Where's the fun in that anyway knowing how much items are exactly in the game?
    Contact me on Discord: Recheh#5381
    Console Growtopia Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/TkGayKu

Quote Originally Posted by Recheh View Post
    I'm pretty sure something like this is practically impossible to implement,

First off, this would be a major weight for the server, as the server has to check each and every users inventory for the "rare items", then push them into the list. Now let's say there's about 2000+ items which are "rare" or worth a lot and that server has to check about 1M+ accounts if they have it in their inventory. (I'm just giving an random number here) if they have that certain item in the inventory, not to mention dropped items as well in worlds. each and every day (as you want a updated amount right?)

It's not something that's in a database like "hey 394 items of this here." it's not stored like that, as there's no need for that.

Where's the fun in that anyway knowing how much items are exactly in the game?
    more than that the question, the game would calculate The item regardless if it is in or out of the inventory there that I say, If it is in a banned world Or in a banned account permanently it would not be in the counting system and therefore for by No locke To be used once a month

Kinda going to bring up a already stated point, but rephrasing it...

Have you ever used a growscan before? No? Yes?
    If you have, you should know it takes a lot of time to render all the items in the world, and it can't be interrupted either(you can't drop items without the growscan resetting back to zero).

Now... how would gt process all of this? If it is one by one, it will not only take a looooong time, but what if...lets say....

"Person1" has devil wings.

"Person1" drops them in world: WORLD1

The system "scans" WORLD1

"Person1" takes devil wings.

"Person1" drops devil wings in another world:WORLD2

The system eventually reaches WORLD2.

The system scans another devil wing.

There are now two scanned devil wings in the system, although this exact example would appear in real life, probably, items moving through trading or farming does happen. It will be impossible to implement.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post

If you have, you should know it takes a lot of time to render all the items in the world, and it can't be interrupted either(you can't drop items without the growscan resetting back to zero).

Now... how would gt process all of this? If it is one by one, it will not only take a looooong time, but what if...lets say....

There are now two scanned devil wings in the system, although this exact example would appear in real life, probably, items moving through trading or farming does happen. It will be impossible to implement.

This might work if for example, it gives you an updated version of "x" date. It will stop analysing data from the next days. If Locke is one 01/01/2020, this scan thingy could only analyse the data for 1 month and will not keep on updating every second or so.
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post

The GrowScan really does not need that long to scan items unless theres tens of thousands of them. What are the servers anyway, potatoes?!

Sure, scanning 1M+ accounts does take a while, but 6000 blocks in a world and 30+ items in one? Why does it take so long??

Quote Originally Posted by pannenkoek2012 View Post
    The GrowScan really does not need that long to scan items unless theres tens of thousands of them. What are the servers anyway, potatoes?!

Sure, scanning 1M+ accounts does take a while, but 6000 blocks in a world and 30+ items in one? Why does it take so long??

gscan takes a long time to scan because it is made for this, imagine You are selling a world with 400 chands and you take 50, and the Grow Scan on the spot Already updates For this fact it takes time Because people keep taking and placing items

Quote Originally Posted by pannenkoek2012 View Post

Now multiply those worlds with 100 000. and the machine has to add everything up (every item singularly)
    Contact me on Discord: Recheh#5381
    Console Growtopia Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/TkGayKu