Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: A Theory about this game...

  1. #1
    Knight BurnCell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    60

    Post A Theory about this game...

    Im a veteran player of growtopia, I started 1227 Days ago. And on my first day till the present day of playing growtopia I still see casinos stands out the most as a trend that never been controlled well by the growtopia team. Im also a filipino so I’m sorry for my bad english and grammar.

    It is stated in the /rules of growtopia and even in the login notification box that any form of gambling is illegal in growtopia and are punishable.

    But why do the growtopia team does not do a massive change to fix this problem?

    I’ll state what cas’inos do to growtopia and my assumption if casinos be fixed in the future.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Benefits of Cas’inos in GT:
    1. A significant increase of players will be online (Bots and Spammers). On my observation about 20-30% Depending on what time, is bots and spammers. If you would go in any famous BUY+ worlds I guarantee you youll see spammers advertising cas’ino worlds. Example: BUYLGRID, BUYCHAND, ETC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My Assumption if Casinos got fixed in GT:
    1. The player count will drastically decrease on the first few months but if the Growtopia Team can somehow make a solution to get the old player base back maybe it will increase.
    2. New Players will not be pressured to quit early because of scams, bots, and spammers ruining there playtime. Examples: when players spams and the new player played GT on a phone their whole screen will just be filled with textboxes and lag, When new loyal players find out that the playerbase consist of massive bots abuse, their perspective about the game can change depending on what kind of player he/she is.
    3. A Better and non toxic community can be a possibility.
    4. Old growtopia games can be played again like PvP's, Spleef, Infection, Beehive Escape, Fasion, Parkour, Dragon Gate Traps, Etc.
    5. Maybe players will be innovative and create new games for us to enjoy. There is a lot of untouched opportunity about the steam blocks.

    My Suggestion to solve this problem:
    1. Take out the roulette wheels function or limit its usage by only Owners and Admins can use it or maybe even make a cooldown timer for every spin like waiting 1 minute to spin again but it's better to just get rid of its function so players wont bypass this solution.
    2. Change the Dice Blocks function. As of now I can't suggest any fix.


    DISCLAIMER:
    - THIS ARE ONLY PERSONAL ASSUMPTIONS AND THEORIES. I AM OPEN TO CRITICISM BUT NOT TO HATE.


    Let us Discuss this Problem on this thread, please point out any problems on my statements and give more reasons on why/why not cas’inos be in the game.
    My Signature

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard ...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    I'll warn you once, I won't warn twice.
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Even if you remove the roulette block or dice block, people will start betting with the drop of growing dirt trees. People already do that, it's just that roulette wheel is more popular.
    removed weird signature
    Please do not use that picture again or I will have to ban you.

  3. #3

    Default

    They must track down all of the casino owners/hosters stash and nuke them and hardware id ban them, so they wont be able to log on to the game until they buy a new graphics card.

    Removing the roulette wheel would decrease casinos, but not stop them there must be a very very big cleanup for the casinos, maybe hiring up some new moderators to track them and delete those casino hosters from the game. [With hardware id bans and non stop stash nuking]

    I still dont understand why they dont ban their hwid.

    This would also decrease the hacker community.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard ColderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    They must track down all of the casino owners/hosters stash and nuke them and hardware id ban them, so they wont be able to log on to the game until they buy a new graphics card.

    Removing the roulette wheel would decrease casinos, but not stop them there must be a very very big cleanup for the casinos, maybe hiring up some new moderators to track them and delete those casino hosters from the game. [With hardware id bans and non stop stash nuking]

    I still dont understand why they dont ban their hwid.

    This would also decrease the hacker community.
    Hardware ID can be changed easily. In theory you can permanently ban anyone but when it comes to the real world, it's impossible.
    Technology is amazing!


    Don't forget to check out this awesome website!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColderMan View Post
    Hardware ID can be changed easily. In theory you can permanently ban anyone but when it comes to the real world, it's impossible.
    Atleast it would require more effort, and since the gt community is "lazy" this would lead them to disappear, also it will take time for them to figure out that the bans are hwid based.

  6. #6
    Knight BurnCell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Its just sad that even the game suggest me casino worlds on the interphase
    My Signature

  7. #7
    Knight BurnCell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    Even if you remove the roulette block or dice block, people will start betting with the drop of growing dirt trees. People already do that, it's just that roulette wheel is more popular.
    Yes I know but trees take 30 seconds to grow so it will drastically slow down game time. If they use fertilizers then they lose profit.

    Also if they removed that functionality of roulette wheels one of the major tool of casinos will be gone. This can make normal players choose other ways to profit

    Because casino peer pressures other players to make new casino world because it bring a ton of profit
    My Signature

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurnCell View Post
    Yes I know but trees take 30 seconds to grow so it will drastically slow down game time. If they use fertilizers then they lose profit.

    Also if they removed that functionality of roulette wheels one of the major tool of casinos will be gone. This can make normal players choose other ways to profit

    Because casino peer pressures other players to make new casino world because it bring a ton of profit
    Have you ever heard of a “Dirt Game”? Players bet on what a dirt block will drop when broken (block, seed, gem, or nothing)....point is, there’s no way to stop betting by removing items that depend on RNG when most of the game involves RNG in some capacity.

    That isn’t even to mention the fact that golden booty chests are also quite literally gambling (pay irl money for gems for a chance to get something good).
    Growtopia’s dev team is only against gambling when they aren’t the ones doing it and this has been the case for some time.

    Join the Smithing Guild!

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Kregga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    JAMMED!
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    Even if you remove the roulette block or dice block, people will start betting with the drop of growing dirt trees. People already do that, it's just that roulette wheel is more popular.
    Welp regardless of that. They should have at least reworked the function of roulette wheel, dice block, etc. so that they could have at least do something about it, not just jumping into conclusion. I definitely agree to OP's suggestion, so that casinos would somehow disappear.



    Visit my Music World, PIANOS!

    #SUPPORTOPM

    ORIGINAL PILIPINO MUSIC MAKER!

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Isaiasteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    112

    Thumbs up I agree

    I agree to everything you said like how it will bring back old players. Ive been thinking about a lock that if you say the same message for 4 or more times it will auto ban the person. The solution to spammers.
    You can’t judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.

  11. #11
    Squire Pixel Worlds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Kukouri HQ
    Posts
    13

    Default

    It's good if developers could track the main account of the rule breakers and then suspend it than just banning the hosts.
    Share loves no hate



  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Z50J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Suomi prkle
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Casinos are not that bad guys..
    Its up to you if you play or not, Its just a game afterall

    There are much bigger problems in The game than casinos
    IGN: Z50J Aka aaes
    GT Player since 2013



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •