Thread: My opinion on the priorities for new transmutable items

Master Sorcerer

Default My opinion on the priorities for new transmutable items

Reposting here cuz more traffic.

1. More hairs and hats with mods. There is only two useless hat items with effects that are transmutable which are Cursed Wizard Hat and Medusa's Crown. ALso there's literally no transmutable hair with effects, what's the point of adding transmutable hairs then??

Some hairs you can consider prioritizing are (from most important to least important): Plasma Hair, Legendary Comet Hair, The Fly, Will of the Wild, Rayman's Hair. These hairs, in my opinion, have the highest value for effect ratio but are also items you also can't really fit into any good looking set unless you are going for pure utility rather than for looks.

Some hats you can consider prioritizing are: Diamond Horns, Horns of Infinity, Horns of Growganoth, Zephyr Helm. Same as above, these hats have great effects. The only difference is that they are expensive. If you are going for a more realistic look or just want a nice hat in your set, these horns/helm wouldn't be suitable.

2. More face/shirt/pants with mods. There's only 5 face items, 1 shirt item and 4 pants items with effects that are transmutable.

A face item that should be transmutable is Burning Eyes. These are a direct upgrade to Cyclopean Visor/Cybernetic Eye, both of which are transmutable. Personally I was pretty peeved that this wasn't transmutable, since I had to work in another neck item that gives enhanced digging to cancel out the penalties of Cyclopean Visor.

For shirts we have Neon Nerves, which is a cheaper variant of the transmutable Chaos Corruption, and Sorcerer's Tunic of Mystery, which gives enhanced digging. Both of these already have alternatives and are, in my opinion, low priority.

For pants, the only one I can think of right now is Raptor Legs. They provide additional speed that is stack-able with other speed items. Pretty cool mod for an item in a less-used slot, but again it doesn't fit in any reasonably good looking set.

3. More skirts. There's only 3 skirts out of 54 pants items that are transmutable: Poodle Skirt, Fairy Skirt and Aqua Crystal Skirt. We need more variety. Of course there are dresses, but they're in the torso slot so there isn't much variety we can work with either.

Some skirts like Girl's School Uniform Skirt, all Silk Skirts, Doompunk/Steampunk Skirts, Layer Cake Dress have really nice basic colors that can work in most sets. Girl's School Uniform Skirt, Doompunk/Steampunk skirts and Startopian Empire - Uniform Skirt all have their male counterparts, and these counterparts are all transmutable.

4. Rest of the items other than back and hand items. There are many other items that look amazing but aren't included because I can't think of them right now.

5. Back and hand items. These items depend on the personal taste of the player. Most of these items do not need to be transmuted since they already have a good looking/useful effect and are usually the reason why the player chose these items for their sets. There might be a few players who would want to play around with different effects on different hand/back items and that's perfectly fine too.

Of course in an ideal world, all of these items should already be transmutable ever since the Transmutabooth got released back in December 2019. However, due to most likely time and budget constraints, developers could only make a few items transmutable. Hopefully some dude working on GT can see what I wrote and consider my suggestions.
    Last edited by BladeGamer; 02-24-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    Reposting here cuz more traffic.

1. More hairs and hats with mods. There is only one hat item with effects that is transmutable which is the Cursed Wizard Hat, an item not a lot of people will include into their sets unless they wanna be slow or something. Plus there's literally no transmutable hair with effects, what's the point of adding transmutable hairs then??
    I agree with the whole thread completely, but just a slight correction, Medusa's Crown is transmutable. (Hat)
    All of the newer items are basically transmutable or already reviewed and deemed to not be transmutable....so thats an up side.

Still, gotta agree, growtopia should spend about a whole week maybe reviewing older items to decide whether they should be transmutable or not.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Yeah I really wish some nontransmutable items were transmutable
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    i like dragons they're cool

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    I agree with the whole thread completely, but just a slight correction, Medusa's Crown is transmutable. (Hat)
    All of the newer items are basically transmutable or already reviewed and deemed to not be transmutable....so thats an up side.

Still, gotta agree, growtopia should spend about a whole week maybe reviewing older items to decide whether they should be transmutable or not.
    Medusa's crown is transmutable but still useless. I included it in main post anyway, thanks.

This is the weird thread that you said before?

When you want big Colossus stuff fit into the trasmutabooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    Some hairs you can consider prioritizing are (from most important to least important): Plasma Hair, Legendary Comet Hair, The Fly, Will of the Wild, Rayman's Hair. These hairs, in my opinion, have the highest value for effect ratio but are also items you also can't really fit into any good looking set unless you are going for pure utility rather than for looks.
    Yes, I agree with this, however all the hairs that are transmuatable at the minute are ugly, and so are the ones you mentioned. You can only transmutate ugly into another ugly right now. More aesthetic hair must be made transmutateable, like messy braid and hisbiscus hair, otherwise you will only be able to transmutate useful hairs, into another useful hair.
    Love the life you live and live the life you love

GrowID || Kitty

Lesser Wizard

buddy block head sadness intensifies
    Who needs a signature?

Master Sorcerer

just make any item wihtout mod transmuteable. they are not game breaking and doesnt need to test imo.

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv