Thread: Dataminers locking buyworlds

Lesser Knight

Lightbulb Dataminers locking buyworlds

How is it possible that an item that no one has in the game already has all the buy and sell world locked?

https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Loot_Detector

Buylootdetector has been locked a long time ago but havent been obtained so the world or the name shouldn't be known.

This is happening every update and names are leaked before its obtained. Ubisoft should do something about this it's not fair for everyone. The ones that datamine the game gets all the good worlds.

I have a suggestion and that is that all the names should be relased on a specific time and date that everyone interested knows. This could be on the forum or on twitter or instagram. And it would be a full list of just the names of all items. Doesn't have to be any sprites and definitely no recipes. With this dataminers doesn't get an unfair advantage. Nothing would really change because the names are already known to the dataminers it just makes it more fair for everyone. The most important is that it's revealed like a few days before it happens and it happens on the exact time it's said.

Stopping dataminers doesn't seem to work so this is my solution.

The iotm name could also be revealed in this way. Because right now it's really hard to log on after the restart when only 1000 gets online before it says too many are logging on at once and the rest has to wait to get in and see the name.

It's unfair for people who have different, inconvenient time zones. I think releasing hints is better.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    It's unfair for people who have different, inconvenient time zones. I think releasing hints is better.
    The game is already really unfair with timezones too because daily quest resets when its 5 am for me

And with this they could sometimes do 00:00 and maybe 11:00 other times doesn't have to be the same time every time

An item called "Secret of Growtopia" Can be used to find new item names and then locking the buy+ world for them. They only work after the update has been released though. Datamining is a problem to me and other people who use this method. I have personally seen a group of 3 dataminers who together owned over a 100 worlds and they weren't bad ones either.
    Retired poster

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    An item called "Secret of Growtopia" Can be used to find new item names and then locking the buy+ world for them. They only work after the update has been released though. Datamining is a problem to me and other people who use this method. I have personally seen a group of 3 dataminers who together owned over a 100 worlds and they weren't bad ones either.
    True I forgot about that item. I doubt they can do anything about datamining though, and wouldn't private servers be able the know all the names even easier or am wrong. And datamining is so much easier and faster than using thousands of SoG hoping that you don't get the same old items over and over again. With each update it's harder to get new items with SoG right? Because more possibilities.

Remember those times when the staff banned the data miners who locked the rare worlds and redistributed them to the player base?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Only trust people with what you're willing to lose.

Stay safe, don't get scammed, and have a good day!

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wipou View Post
    Remember those times when the staff banned the data miners who locked the rare worlds and redistributed them to the player base?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    They should do it more often but it can be hard to know if they used SoG or datamined and there isn't really any way to be 100% sure that they did

Quote Originally Posted by ZepperQ View Post
    They should do it more often but it can be hard to know if they used SoG or datamined and there isn't really any way to be 100% sure that they did
    They should have a list of what the SoGs will generate though.
    #smallsignaturegang
    Check out my services here: Click me!.
    Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    They should have a list of what the SoGs will generate though.
    Don't know if they have that but if they do they should check that and then check the buyworlds

I think as long as they don't tell the names of the items before the updates dataminers will always get them first even before people using SoG