Thread: Thoughts about new Treasure Turmoil daily challenge

Master Sorcerer

Default Thoughts about new Treasure Turmoil daily challenge

Some of you may know about this, but the last daily challenge was Treasure Turmoil challenge, where you earn points by solving maps. There are a few flaws in this daily challenge, but I would say that this is a daily challenge with a lot of potential to allow people of many different skill sets: chemsynth, startopia, surgery, geiger counting, crime fighting, pet battling, to come together and participate in the same daily challenge. Here are some fixes to this daily challenge which would fulfil this potential.

1. Remove Legendary Maps from being counted.
    The first daily challenge has seen people in the top 3 achieving 5k-6k+ points, which is about 100-120 normal maps or 50-60 daily maps. As far as I know, no one in the top 3 has used any Legendary Maps. Do you know how much time needs to be spent if a person had 7 Deciphered Legendary Maps and decided to use them in this daily challenge? They would have spent only 3 minutes completing all 7 maps, getting 7000 points and achieving 1st place in this daily challenge. While I wouldn’t say that Legendary Maps are easy to obtain/prepare, the amount of effort/skill needed to beat people spending 2 hours doing what they are good at is nearly zero. This has made the daily challenge extremely pay to win, perhaps one of the most pay to win daily challenges we’ve seen at this point in time. (even crystal crusher needs you to spend time harmonising crystals) Legendary Map should either be removed from being counted in the daily challenge altogether or at least have its points reduced to maybe 150? points so that Legendary Maps can still compensate for your lack of skill but not as drastically.

- - - Updated - - -

2. Adjust map solving rates of every normal map to their daily challenge rate.
    What I mean by this is to make it such that daily challenge players from different events can play equally in this daily challenge. For example, a daily challenge player doing startopia can solve ~750 missions in 2 hours while a daily challenge player doing surgery can solve ~500 surgeries in 2 hours. As such, the map solving rate of startopia maps should be 2/3 that of the map solving rate of surgery. I have no idea about the rates of other daily challenges, but I believe you guys do, considering there has been logs upon logs of daily challenge data after a few years.

3. Fix geiger map to be usable in GEIGERHILLS.
    Right now, the geiger map is usable in GEIGERHILLS and you get points from proccing your map on them, but the map does not get consumed. People have abused this mechanic and gotten points without spending a single map. Maybe make it such that it can procc, spawn prizes and destroy the map in GEIGERHILLS during the daily challenge?

Hopefully, someone who can influence the game reads my thoughts and try to incorporate these changes into the daily challenge, so that this daily challenge becomes less pay to win and more inclusive of people with different skill sets.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

+1
    These are all valid and thought out points. A daily challenge with the variability of treasure maps should have been looked into more since there are alot of different scenarios. Hopefully the devs take something away from OP's post.
    wow nice picture

+1 I would love to see that special maps be remove. But re adjust the point system in the different map area
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 56/125
    Sell Some STUFF IN OQ60
    Buying List:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-have-a-list-)

Least we all now can obtain the Loot Detector now. Just waiting for the Friendship Dragon Claw to be arrived
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

About Me :
    - Tall Boi
    - Professional Candy Crusher
    - Completely Straight
    - Funky Hair
    - Never Got Featured On YIAY
    - Jetpack Joyrider
    - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
    - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic
    - Your Best друг

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    Least we all now can obtain the Loot Detector now. Just waiting for the Friendship Dragon Claw to be arrived
    What does a loot detector do rather than the name itself
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 56/125
    Sell Some STUFF IN OQ60
    Buying List:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-have-a-list-)

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    I think it's already been found. I saw one (im like 99% sure but could be wrong ofc) in game today and I asked him/her how they got it, but I just got ignored
    So lazy and bored yet So many things to do. . .

Quote Originally Posted by iMremerald View Post
    I think it's already been found. I saw one (im like 99% sure but could be wrong ofc) in game today and I asked him/her how they got it, but I just got ignored
    it's prize for the guild challenge counterpart
    Name : Kirishi
    Bio : Hi! I love Kirishima from Battle Hero Academia! He's so cool!
    World : KIRISHIN

+1, I really like this daily challenge, and the fact that it does involve multiple skill sets...

Point 1- Legendary maps weren't really used during the 1st turmoil, but rest assured that the masses will be preparing legendary maps to use... Growlactus takes roughly 20 secs- 1 minute depending on skill level (that's over 100 legendary maps!)... Yes, there may be a "profit cap" for using legendary maps, and they are insanely hard to obtain, but still... legendary map users have a HUGE, I mean HUGE advantage over other map users...

Point 2- Agreed, while I do like the thresholds of points for the rarity of map, there should be SOME balancing in place. I believe that someone using startopia maps could easily beat someone using pet battle maps.

Point 3- Yeah this should be fixed... although geiger hunting is slower than other map activities, it costed 0 to contribute for your guild... Thus the friendship dragon claw dropped drastically...

Lastly, I've heard that getting a map fragment from breaking treasure blocks(e.g. frozen cliffs/altars) gives you a point? If so, this is also another way to gain turmoil points(but also seems a bit off from the main challenge of completing treasure maps)...

This DC combines both skill and luck(the challenge involves different maps on different days). With a little bit of balancing, it'll be both fair and fun to participate in.

Lesser Knight

1Its growch games all over again . Balancing out every way to win seems like a fun idea to me , some people arent good at x but they can do y this makes it so u dont have to wait for y daily challenge to come for you to win and speeds up the process of the monthly challenge achievement +1 from me