Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: Cannot install new client [PC]

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    769

    Default Cannot install new client [PC]

    Windows does not allow to install new version. Error occurs (i'm not the only one experiencing):

    http://prntscr.com/r9w9p8

    Quote Originally Posted by nPlus1 View Post
    Hi

    Please try this alternate link (http://cdn.growtopiagame.com/latest/...aInstaller.exe) and let us now if this works for you.


    ~ nPlus1
    Last edited by ByteCode; 03-04-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    IGN: Imunity

  2. #2
    Guardian Gatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Please try to download the game from its official website.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/#download

    Don't forget to close Growtopia while installing the application.
    Instagram: @gatello.gt
    Discord: Gatello#3430
    Click here for a guide to contacting Growtopia's customer support
    Click here for support's link

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Alright, it helped. But the shortcut in the game is broken.
    IGN: Imunity

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    JAMMED!
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    Windows does not allow to install new version.http://prntscr.com/r9w9p8
    I suggest uninstalling the application completely.

    Press windows key and type Control panel.
    next you're gonna wanna go here:Name:  uninstall.PNG
Views: 527
Size:  66.1 KB
    Uninstall gt and enter this link: https://www.growtopiagame.com/#download
    Reinstall Growtopia. If the problem occurs you're going to have to seek higher guidance, as it's beyond my expertise!


    Ign: Alrage
    ~Treat others the way you would like to be treated~

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speed View Post
    I suggest uninstalling the application completely.

    Press windows key and type Control panel.
    next you're gonna wanna go here:Name:  uninstall.PNG
Views: 527
Size:  66.1 KB
    Uninstall gt and enter this link: https://www.growtopiagame.com/#download
    Reinstall Growtopia. If the problem occurs you're going to have to seek higher guidance, as it's beyond my expertise!
    Thanks for reply but as you can see in the reply above - i was able to install it.
    IGN: Imunity

  6. #6
    Squire snurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Tried uninstalling, reinstalling but still didn't help.
    Please fix it ASAP!
    You can always ask for help!
    Veteran player since 2013, from Estonia

  7. #7
    Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatello View Post
    Please try to download the game from its official website.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/#download

    Don't forget to close Growtopia while installing the application.
    I have tried pretty much everything, this problem is present only with the V3.021 Update. I tried opening the earlier versions of growtopia installers and they opened just fine, but when i click on the newest installer a window pops up and tells me that "Windows tried to protect your pc", then i click "Run anyway" and the error message pops up: http://prntscr.com/r9w9p8
    After that here is no other option than to close the installer.
    Please fix this ASAP
    Feel free to check out my Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/tiigerpro
    Also if you want to contact me, i use Instagram daily: https://www.instagram.com/tiigerpro/

    In Game Name: TiigerPro
    Played Growtopia Since 2013!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiigerPro View Post
    I have tried pretty much everything, this problem is present only with the V3.021 Update. I tried opening the earlier versions of growtopia installers and they opened just fine, but when i click on the newest installer a window pops up and tells me that "Windows tried to protect your pc", then i click "Run anyway" and the error message pops up: http://prntscr.com/r9w9p8
    After that here is no other option than to close the installer.
    Please fix this ASAP
    You should try disabling your antivirus on computer (if you know what you are doing). This helped my one friend.
    IGN: Imunity

  9. #9
    Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    You should try disabling your antivirus on computer (if you know what you are doing). This helped my one friend.
    I finally was able to open the installer and start installing, when another error popped up,
    For people who also can't open the installer, open command prompt and drag the installer file into there, then put a space and type /NCRC
    that should open the installer.
    So it started installing and the error popped up ("Error decompressing data! Corrupted Installer?") when it was extracting "spanish_guitar_24.wav", it seems the error resides with that particular audio file.
    Edit: I tested the file and it seems there are actually 19 errors, all .wav files, here's a pic: https://ibb.co/xC0HMX7
    Although the new update works on Android, the fps are super low and the game keeps stuttering (never happened before update), i have a Snapdragon 845 and the fps have never dropped below 60.


    I guess there's nothing more to do than to wait for a new, not corrupted installer
    Last edited by TiigerPro; 03-01-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Feel free to check out my Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/tiigerpro
    Also if you want to contact me, i use Instagram daily: https://www.instagram.com/tiigerpro/

    In Game Name: TiigerPro
    Played Growtopia Since 2013!

  10. #10
    Administrator NekoRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    3,135

    Default

    Heya guys! Our team just fixed the issue. Please try again and let us know.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Hidden
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Heya guys! Our team just fixed the issue. Please try again and let us know.
    I still cannot install, it says NSIS Error. Contact the installer's author to get a new copy.
    If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything

    #FREEBITELORD

    BiteLord isn`t gone yet:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ions-this-time

  12. #12
    Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WickerDuddy View Post
    I still cannot install, it says NSIS Error. Contact the installer's author to get a new copy.
    Try dragging the installer into cmd, here's a tutorial: https://youtu.be/UU1N901f1bQ
    Feel free to check out my Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/tiigerpro
    Also if you want to contact me, i use Instagram daily: https://www.instagram.com/tiigerpro/

    In Game Name: TiigerPro
    Played Growtopia Since 2013!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •