Page 169 of 202 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 2,017 to 2,028 of 2413

Thread: Nominate Your World for WOTD Here! [March - May Cycle]

KHARTINAISLAND for WOTD

Name:  khartinaisland.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  342.3 KB
    Description:
    The forgotten island, Khartina- the home for bunnies that lived centuries up to this date are possessed by a secret
    bunny trying to rule the land

Note: This is a sequel, the other scenes will be made sooner - stay tuned for future creations

World contains:
    *Adventure items
    *Forestic gameplay
    *Bunny pixel art
    *Zombie jammer, ghost charm, punch jammer and fire house
    *Tangram formation
    *Personalized code
    *Original story line
    *Medium difficulty level
    *Original bridge and houses
    *VIP area (at the ending)
    *Sequel WOT attempt

====================

FAIRYTAILDERBY for WOTD
    Name:  fairytailderby.png
Views: 103
Size:  238.6 KB

Description:
    Saddle up growtopians for this anime themed kyderby race inspired by "Fairy Tail" is now in game, bring up your friends and race till the end as mages!

World contains:
    *Zombie jammer, ghost charm, punch jammer and fire house
    *Fairy Tail text art (original)
    *Happy pixel art
    *Fire arts

Default TheHiddenIdol By JunHongYT

Hello , Its me JunHongYT and I am here to nominate THEHIDDENIDOL for World of the day.
    Name:  thehiddenidol (1).png
Views: 113
Size:  557.1 KB
    World: TheHiddenIdol
    GrowID: JunHongYT

What does this world include ?
    - A friendly parkour that can be played without wings
    - Adventure Items
    - Story
    - Vip Room
    - Basic Jammers
    - Creditory Board
    - Door that linked to the world that inspired me
    - End Area
    - Secret Tunnel

Story :
    You are a well known, expert explorer. To even prove your worth, you decided to solve the mystery of hidden GOLDEN IDOL. Legends say it is hidden deep into the jungle, in a mysterious castle locked to everyone. The jungle is dangerous and not everyone will dare to search for castle. Will you able to find it?

Default Renominating My world as WOTD

Name:  barbequeparty.png
Views: 97
Size:  514.0 KB
    World: BarbequeParty
    Creator: Player251
    World Type = Game world

Story =
    the debate about the best food for the barbeque party continues , until one day, it splintered into 4 team, that is, the watermelon team, sausage time, beef team, and roasted corn team, all fighting for the sake of victory. The winning team will prove their food as the best food for the barbeque party. You're able to choose your team!

Contains = -Game Generator (To Generare the Match) (basic jammer) -Punch and Zombie Jammer. -Ghost Charm (Prevent the ghost from spawning in the world). -Game Stuff, Such as Game Graves, Game Goals, Game Blocks, and Game Flag. -Party related items. -Some Pixel Art. *Once again
    World = BARBEQUEPARTY
    Grow ID = Player251

Thanks for the attention, this is my first ever World of The Day Attemp, and also im not really sure of winning, but i want to thank if i win, and thank you for everyone who inspire and support me.

#growwotdmay20
    #growwotd
    #growtopia
    #growtopiagameName:  barbequeparty.png
Views: 97
Size:  514.0 KB
    Last edited by Py251; 05-28-2020 at 04:34 AM. Reason: No picture

Master Sorcerer

I'm nominating TheFlooding for my first ever WOTD! I have previously tried to win WOTD with no avail, so I fixed up the world a bit and I'm trying again!

World name: TheFlooding
    GrowID: Contagion

World Description: You start off in the world surrounded by water that leads into the sewer. The water pushes you so hard you pass out and end up in the heart of the sewer. After waking up, you set off to find your way out by collecting the 3 adventure items and making it back to the adventure door. The whole world is a giant puzzle parkour maze. You constantly have to backtrack to progress to the next adventure item and you're free to collect them in any order you can find them in!

Render:

Name:  theflooding.png
Views: 84
Size:  534.5 KB

World includes: Punch Jammer, Zombie Jammer, and Pineapple Guardian
    IGN: Contagion

Name:  thelongedsolitude.png
Views: 86
Size:  709.0 KB

After a long long while, I'm finally done with another big non-testing project! This one took me a long while, and has a ton of self-expression. I'm surprised myself by how some of the parts turned out (in a good way), as their creativity is just surreal even to me, the very creator. I didn't make any framework, I just built however I wanted to, letting myself get leashed by my impulses and whims.

Story : Contemplating your own actions in disbelief, you enter a state and journey of absolute solitude. "So this is the solitude I longed for." Wait wait wait, before taking on the journey, let's delve into what made you come to this: For a writer, solitude is the embodiment of ideas and intrinsicality—what more could you desire as one? But certainly, to life, there's more than just a singular, possibly petty, goal or desire. Certainly, as a writer, he was aware of a simple fundamental such as this... right? It was a decision between his lover and writing, to embrace solitude or loving family, a decision to dedicate everything to unfortunately, just one of the two. The writer, as terrifying but appealing of a decision it sounded, as painful but ultimate of a decision it was, unfortunately went with solitude... Now, his journey of self-reflection, writing, and pain... started.
    "Solitude is like walking through mud... continuously getting harder and harder."
    "One that wants to have solitude, will suffer with their decision. One that naturally became alone, without a real desire to distance themselves, but rather, found enjoyment in that distance, will not."
    "Your name is Blank, and dare not ever say you have one."
    "Writing is the ultimate form of expression and transfering your thoughts to another, then why must I struggle so much to explain my suffering? I have a crawing desire to talk to people, but I have no ability or chance to do so with anyone. Even when it comes to messages, my apathy just overcomes everything and anything. What is this unheard sweet paradox? Why can't I find an answer in a library of a billion answers?"

The ending takes a joke-turn, saying you decide to become a gangster after all this self-reflection. I figured a negative story, with no objectively possible happy-ending, is better of having a slight light-up at least at the end!

All my inspiration for the story (and the name of the world) comes from the show "Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju" (Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugo). It's a PG-13 masterpiece of a show, so if you're over 13, do check it out and enjoy everything out of it!

The first part of the story (decision between his lover and writing [in Rakugo's case story telling]) is taken from Rakugo, as I found it incredibly beautiful. Everything after that, is entirely thought of by me. All the quotes are made by me too, even their aesthetic quality is a product of my hopefully-wonderful writing!

As for the parkour and the world itself, I believe the designs, parkour, etc are wonderful! The testers loved it and found it incredibly fun, especially the fact that it's easy and playable for anyone. I used a ton of unique mechanics (for example, using 1 jump to jump on lava, to travel a distance you couldn't with usual two jumps, and then jumping a second time after hitting the lava).

- Punch and Zombie jammer + ghost charm to prevent all the ghosts!
    - Permanent VIP for beating the world (you get a password and can always get there afterwards!)
    - Incredibly unique parkour mechanics.
    - Abstract unique designs to creep and confuse everyone out!
    - Advanced use of adventure items.
    - High-level aesthetic writing in the story (+ comedy elements!)
    And more!

Support/criticism thread: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...LongedSolitude

UPDATES:
    2020/04/18 - added pillars to the clouds to increase the render (and in-game) aesthetic quality, added way more design to 5 levels + spawn!
    2020/04/22 - had tons of people (notable WOTD builders) test the world and it according to them, the gameplay was perfectly fine and fun.
    2020/04/26 - removed some stuff to make it less messy (according to one of the helpers, it's too messy to win), and added a ton of signs to help guide new players/ players in general. However, this little update ruined my initial purpose with making it so messy and hard to follow... I wanted to promote misdirection and intuition based sight reading.
    2020/04/30 - had many many many people play it (including techy, anulot, and dozens of WOTD creators) to get their thoughts on it. While it's messy on the render, IT'S WAY BETTER in-game. The gameplay in particular, shines the most (new mechanics are supposed to be considered, right? Then please, don't judge it solely by the render...) According to those people, it's WOTD worthy.
    2020/05/11 - removed a lot of decorations to follow Gatello's advice, "too messy to win WOTD." Not sure why it's not winning anyway..

I know it looks messy and just what-the-heck on the render, but believe me, it shines in-game the best, just like Anulot himself said, in-game is what makes it worthy. Render, of course, is important but take the in-game experience into account too.

Master Sorcerer

CURSEDMEMORIES
    GrowID: ROOTbeerr

Except the memories aren’t very cursed anymore. I revamped the entire story, as I was told that WOTDs need to be family friendly. I’m hoping that I can be considered for WOTD now as I have toned down the parkour difficulty slightly and also changed the entire story to be something more wholesome.

CURSEDMEMORIES follows a unnamed protagonist who takes a walk with a higher being to view his past life before moving on.

The world is quite long, with much parkour and puzzles. It stretches across two worlds, CURSEDMEMORIES and CURSEDMEMORIES2

Parkour uses tricksters, death trap walls, and gravity wells to create a less generic experience

There are puzzles to solve.

Dark maze

A sungate puzzle

CURSEDMEMORIES
    Name:  cursedmemories.png
Views: 91
Size:  440.7 KB

CURSEDMEMORIES2
    Name:  cursedmemories2.png
Views: 87
Size:  214.8 KB

HAUNTEDCATACOMB
    An old world of mine, but I decided to come back to it and rewrite parts of the story and fix the puzzle (which was near impossible).

Your brother has gone missing. Last seen at Stonehill Church. It’s abandoned, but something lies beneath it.

Contains a puzzle, parkour, and adventure item stuff.

There’s punch and zombie jammer, just not shown in render
    Name:  hauntedcatacomb.png
Size:  832.6 KB
    signature.

AFATHERANDSON

GrowID: SnowBlizter
    World: AFATHERANDSON

A world dedicated to Seth and his son, Cosmo.

The world contains the following:
    PZ Jammers
    Guardian Pineapple
    Xenonite Crystal
    Weather Machine - Stuff
    A race track less than 3 minutes long
    Original pixel art
    Spectating area
    Winner's area
    Free roaming inside the pixel art

Render:
    Name:  afatherandson.png
Size:  103.7 KB

THEWINTERRESCUE

GrowID: SnowBlizter
    World: THEWINTERRESCUE

Features:
    -PZ Jammers
    -Weather Machine - Snowy Night
    -Story
    -Parkour
    -Winter clash blocks
    -Winner's area

Story:
    You decided to visit the north pole to see Santa. To your surprise, Santa was nowhere to be found. There was a trail of tiny footsteps and magical blue dust. You followed it and ended up here. You get the feeling Santa is somewhere around here, so you decide to explore.

Render:
    Name:  thewinterrescue.png
Views: 94
Size:  470.0 KB

Red face Nominating CONCEALEDREALM for WOTD

*Updated, Slight Fixes Added*
    Name:  C1450059-14CD-4DE5-BF40-C4B93F637F84.png
Views: 88
Size:  538.0 KB
    WORLDNAME : CONCEALEDREALM
    GROWID : Lexieh

Special Thanks to Pelutoy for Helping out !

Description :
    What a mysterious land that i have come across, what did i do in the past, why can’t i remember clearly? Seems like i have to find out to go back to this image thats been stuck in my mind. It seems like dragons and witches are real in this land, how do i get out, will I be swayed by the temptations of this land? Or will i find the place i am seeking for?

Includes
    - basic jammers , pine guard, weather machine-arid
    - credits board and door
    - no wing friendly parkour ( intermediate )
    - arrows and clues to guide players
    - storm cloud and laser grid mechanics
    - cybots and tricksters in the world !
    - sungate and obelisks ( solo )
    - adventure items
    - new easter blocks
    - seasonal clash blocks
    - song (merry go round of life, howl’s moving castle)
    - area for finishers
    - story

*updated*
    - Parkour is now possible without wings !
    - story plot is slightly changed
    - painted some of the blocks for aesthetic purposes

Thanks for reading & goodluck to all

Default DEFEATAWITCH By DAPPOL

Nominating "DEFEATAWITCH"
    for WOTD
    IGN : DAPPOL

Name:  defeatawitch.png
Views: 88
Size:  741.5 KB

World Has
    -Zombie jammer & Punch jammer
    -Adventure Item
    -Portal Parkour
    -storyline
    -Cybot

Story :
    In a small area, there is a prosperous village, but all of a sudden it changes when the king falls ill, and he trusts all his Village to the Witch for a while, but the economy continues to decline and is damaged, because the witch makes slaves and sells all citizens village, To find out the rest of the story Visit World DEFEATAWITCH Now

Default JadeDungeon for WOTD submission.

(Made some changes, Made the parkour a bit easier. Changed the world name, And added a few more checkpoints).

Short description about the world. - Player wakes up in a cold temple. There is a exit door behind him but. Legends says, there is a treasure if you finish the parkour inside the dungeon..

My world contains,

>Punch jammer (Prevents punching).
    >Zombie jammer (prevents infections),
    >Fire house (in-case a wild fire special event comes).
    >Xenonite crystal (Forces high jump, speed and blocks consumables, long punch, long build). This prevents cheating and makes it possible for people without wings.
    >Adventure items
    >Password doors (only 1)
    >Full parkour world
    >Clash blocks (At the top of the world).
    >Waterfalls.
    >Tricksters.
    >Oneway blocks.

And much more!

My growid : Traut
    World name JadeDungeon

Heres latest render of my world.
    Name:  jadedungeon.png
Views: 120
Size:  424.4 KB
    Last edited by Traut; 05-28-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Default Nominating KILLTHEVIRUS for WOTD!

Storyline ~ A virus outbreak is spreading rapidly across the world. As a scientist, you know that the only way to stop the virus is to turn on the antivirus machine which is located in a top secret lab. But, will you be able to find it in time before everything is too late? Everyone is counting on you. Of course, you will be able to find it, whatever it takes...

This world contains:
    - Basic Jammers & Fire House
    - Parkour ( Easy to Medium )
    - Portal Maze ( Easy to Medium )
    - Dark Maze ( Easy to Medium )
    - Usage of adventure item

GrowID: GTStorage

Name:  killthevirus.png
Views: 120
Size:  400.1 KB

Builder’s Note:
    IGN: GTStorage
    Discord:GTStorage#1151
    Instagram:@gtstorage
    Profile picture by Intensifies. Thank you!

Default Ray's Nomination for WOTD

GrowID: RayCosmos
    World: DARKGOTH

Hello I am RayCosmos,

I'd really like to nominate my world Dark Goth for WOTD. Now you might be wondering “BUT RAY It’s not Halloween yet :/.” But surprise! It doesn’t have to be Halloween to celebrate the dark world of Goths. I made this world to present the spectacles of the subculture of Goth.

Here is a Rendered Picture of the world:
    Name:  darkgoth.png
Views: 121
Size:  325.0 KB

This world will take you on a tour of the littlest things that a gothic manor can present to you. It will challenge your sight and space senses. That’s right! It’s going to be one confusing ride in the clouds.

I've aslo created a piece of music for the world, a short snippet of Creeping Death by Metallica in order to fit the whole theme of goths. Because we're all about the music. There's a Xenonite Crystal to dampen your abilities to double jump because even though they're goths, they're still real people.

World Features:
    - Gothic Manor
    - Dark Themed Parkour
    - Information On Goths
    - Hall of Gothic Clothing
    - Music.

~ Ray
    Last edited by AltizerMc; 05-28-2020 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Goths