Page 105 of 202 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 2413

Thread: Nominate Your World for WOTD Here! [March - May Cycle]

Name:  thelongedsolitude.png
Views: 140
Size:  761.6 KB

After a long long while, I'm finally done with another big non-testing project! This one took me a long while, and has a ton of self-expression. I'm surprised myself by how some of the parts turned out (in a good way), as their creativity is just surreal even to me, the very creator. I didn't make any framework, I just built however I wanted to, letting myself get leashed by my impulses and whims.

Story : Contemplating your own actions in disbelief, you enter a state and journey of absolute solitude. "So this is the solitude I longed for." Wait wait wait, before taking on the journey, let's delve into what made you come to this: For a writer, solitude is the embodiment of ideas and intrinsicality—what more could you desire as one? But certainly, to life, there's more than just a singular, possibly petty, goal or desire. Certainly, as a writer, he was aware of a simple fundamental such as this... right? It was a decision between his lover and writing, to embrace solitude or loving family, a decision to dedicate everything to unfortunately, just one of the two. The writer, as terrifying but appealing of a decision it sounded, as painful but ultimate of a decision it was, unfortunately went with solitude... Now, his journey of self-reflection, writing, and pain... started.
    "Solitude is like walking through mud... continuously getting harder and harder."
    "One that wants to have solitude, will suffer with their decision. One that naturally became alone, without a real desire to distance themselves, but rather, found enjoyment in that distance, will not."
    "Your name is Blank, and dare not ever say you have one."
    "Writing is the ultimate form of expression and transfering your thoughts to another, then why must I struggle so much to explain my suffering? I have a crawing desire to talk to people, but I have no ability or chance to do so with anyone. Even when it comes to messages, my apathy just overcomes everything and anything. What is this unheard sweet paradox? Why can't I find an answer in a library of a billion answers?"

The ending takes a joke-turn, saying you decide to become a gangster after all this self-reflection. I figured a negative story, with no objectively possible happy-ending, is better of having a slight light-up at least at the end!

All my inspiration for the story (and the name of the world) comes from the show "Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju" (Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugo). It's a PG-13 masterpiece of a show, so if you're over 13, do check it out and enjoy everything out of it!

The first part of the story (decision between his lover and writing [in Rakugo's case story telling]) is taken from Rakugo, as I found it incredibly beautiful. Everything after that, is entirely thought of by me. All the quotes are made by me too, even their aesthetic quality is a product of my hopefully-wonderful writing!

As for the parkour and the world itself, I believe the designs, parkour, etc are wonderful! The testers loved it and found it incredibly fun, especially the fact that it's easy and playable for anyone. I used a ton of unique mechanics (for example, using 1 jump to jump on lava, to travel a distance you couldn't with usual two jumps, and then jumping a second time after hitting the lava).

- Punch and Zombie jammer + ghost charm to prevent all the ghosts!
    - Permanent VIP for beating the world (you get a password and can always get there afterwards!)
    - Incredibly unique parkour mechanics.
    - Abstract unique designs to creep and confuse everyone out!
    - Advanced use of adventure items.
    - High-level aesthetic writing in the story (+ comedy elements!)
    And more!

Support/criticism thread: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...LongedSolitude

UPDATES:
    2020/04/18 - added pillars to the clouds to increase the render (and in-game) aesthetic quality, added way more design to 5 levels + spawn!
    2020/04/22 - had tons of people (notable WOTD builders) test the world and it according to them, the gameplay was perfectly fine and fun.
    2020/04/26 - removed some stuff to make it less messy (according to one of the helpers, it's too messy to win), and added a ton of signs to help guide new players/ players in general. However, this little update ruined my initial purpose with making it so messy and hard to follow... I wanted to promote misdirection and intuition based sight reading.
    2020/04/30 - had many many many people play it (including techy, anulot, and dozens of WOTD creators) to get their thoughts on it. While it's messy on the render, IT'S WAY BETTER in-game. The gameplay in particular, shines the most (new mechanics are supposed to be considered, right? Then please, don't judge it solely by the render...) According to those people, it's WOTD worthy.

NOTE: The world is SUPPOSED to be messy, as the story is about "solitude" — solitude is the very daddy of all misdirection and confusion. I strongly wanted people to use their own eyes, thinking, to figure out things and where to go. However, now I ruined that by not only making it less messy, but guiding players on where to go and what to do. Every once in 4 days, I will further diminish the design to make it less messy (as that's why, according to one of the helpers, it's not winning).

Default Grow id :Tokguru

WORLD NAME : GARENA0099
    my world Wotd have 13 steps to finish that so i hope you enjoy with my Wotd world 😉
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Peasant

Default Basketball Themed WOTD

GROWID: Sanntaa
    WORLD: BASKETBALLFACTS

info: This is a basketball themed world where you can learn info and facts about
    basketball while doing friendly but also challenging parkour!! Lots
    of fun facts and cool things to find in this world. (Helpful because we can't play
    sports due to world events, why not learn more about sports!)
    Great way to combat the sickness of being at home too much.
    visit and enjoy

I don't normally go for these sort of things (WOTD) so
    I thought that it would be cool to try, Thanks for everyone
    who sees this. Have

Includes:
    - Background weather/jammer
    - Cool VIP end area
    - info/facts about basketball
    - Awesome design!!
    - Fun / No-wing Parkour!
    - the entire world is a BASKETBALL court !!!
    Name:  basketballfacts.png
Views: 132
Size:  136.2 KB
    Render: https://s3.amazonaws.com/world.growt...tballfacts.png
    hi all i love you

DRAGONVALENTINE By Draluxes

Name:  dragonvalentine.png
Views: 135
Size:  772.1 KB

Prologue :
    Looks like someone can't find what is true love. And you, maybe you could help a queen with Drago-heart. Start your journey to find true love and bring it to our Drago-heart!

What's New?
    * I've adjusted some Balancing Improvement!
    * Summer Clash Mechanic was added into this world! ( 7 Death Trap Wall and 4 Gravity Well)
    * Winter Clash Mechanic, include ( Cave Slab. )
    * Block Party v2 was added into this world!
    * Bountiful blocks were added into this world!
    * Hey, 2 Searbot level-1 is running into this world!
    * New nor decent valentine blocks were added into this world!
    * Absolutely Dragon stuff such as Dragon Blocks.
    * Adventure items were added into the world!

In Additional.
    *Punch and Zombie Jammer,
    *Weather Machine - Valentine
    *Thrilling story about valentine that you should know it,
    *and last Dragon art belongs to ItzEagleT, was made by myself.

NOSTORS By Draluxes
    Name:  nostors.png
Views: 134
Size:  541.5 KB

Consequences :
    Look in the sky, the smoke was appeared from somewhere. The possible problems have done by fierce creatures. The dragon's master immediately asks for our help. She says this problem has caused by the dragon over there. It's located among to my main tower, especially far from that place. I couldn't solve this problem by myself, even my dragons won't be able to help me. We need to get there together and you must take the risk once you accepting our help.

The dragons now screaming often, it might be something wrong. We should to find out what's going on.

We're running out the time, we must hurry! Follow me!

How's the game works?
    You need to take a training from the dragon's master and gain some skills! After that, you have 20 minutes to reach the upwards tower. It has 6 floors in total until the dragons concerned to you.

What's New?!?
    * Adventure mechanics were applied to this world.
    * Summer clash blocks were added into this world.
    * Summer mechanic blocks were added into this world ( 3 Gravity Well and 9 Death Trap Wall ).
    * Winter clash blocks were added into this world.
    * Winter mechanic blocks were added into this world. ( 2 Storm Cloud and 2 Cracked Stone Clab ).
    * Spring clash blocks were added into this world.
    * Spring mechanic blocks were added into this world ( 2 Trickster ).
    * Block Party v2 was added into this world.
    * Wolf World blocks were added into this world.
    * Bountiful blocks were added into this world ( includes Bountiful Bamboo Spikes, Jungle Temple Pillar, Monkshood ).
    * Splenkuroma Strikes Back blocks were added into this world.
    * Chinese New Year Blocks were added into this world.
    * Mutant kitchen block was added into this world.
    * Farming Blocks Roles were added into this world.
    * Surgeon Blocks Roles were added into this world.
    * 2 Sear Bot - Level 2 are running through the world.
    * 2 Spike Bot - Level 1 are running through the world.
    * 4 ShockBot - Level 1 are running through the world.
    * 1 ShooterBot - Level 1 is running through the world.
    * 1 FlameBot - Level 2 is running through the world.
    * Absolutely the dragon stuff eg. Dragon Blocks and Scales.
    * Winter stuff eg. Winter wind, Giant Chandle, Festivus pole and more.

Features!
    * Punch and Zombie Jammer
    * Weather Machine - Rainy

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Check out of this video ^^

Default Brokenheartstown

Name:  brokenheartstown (1).png
Views: 130
Size:  389.2 KB
    World:Brokenheartstown
    Growid:JoTheWarrior

Story: Heartstown was created many years ago by Aphrodite. She gave our town a heart to serve as our life force. Recently the heart has failed which has caused our town to start wasting away. Many have tried to renew its life force but have not succeeded. We need a brave hero to save our town and restore the heart.

Features:
    -PZ Jammers
    -Adventure Items
    -Steam Mechanics
    Discord - Jahbol#2600

Squire

Default Nominating for WOTD

Plot Description:
    You're casually strolling through the forest till you encounter an old broken house, you go in to check and you see an old woman. She seems to be enchanting something but you can't quite make out the words. You soon realized she's a Witch and used a Fire Spell called Incendia. The spell uses a big giant hand and a flame on top of it, and when the time comes, it will burn everything in it's way including the Witch herself. You are the only one who can save the forest because you recently found out that magic was real and you had taught yourself it. You aren't as powerful as the Witch herself but if the smallest spell can change her mind or make her back off, then you will surely do it. When you get near the hand, there's only one spell that can kill the fire and hand itself. The words will come when the time is right, but the spell you will be using is a Water Spell because water can easily remove fire. You will have to recite the spell when you're near the hand. You learn that violence and fighting won't solve this, so you come up with another plan and that plan is to talk the witch out of it.

Features:
    -Maze
    -Finding letters to make a word
    -Xenonite Crystal (Disabling Speed and Granting Double Jump)
    -Punch and Zombie Jammers
    -Night Weather Machine
    -Pixel Hand
    -Fire and Water Pixel
    -Forest-Themed Parkour

Hope you enjoy my world!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Knight

Default STARRYNIGHTDERBY

GrowID : Tious

World : STARRYNIGHTDERBY

A pixel art's theme race world, which is The Starry Night painting. The sky is just before sunrise and the dark spires in the foreground are cypress trees. There are also a lot of shining dots on the sky.

World Contains :
    - a Mini Mod
    - a Ghost Charm
    - a Firehouse
    - a Zombie & Punch Jammers
    - a Guardian Pineapple

Name:  starrynightderby.png
Views: 118
Size:  148.9 KB
    IGN : Tious

Default WOTD Nomination - KARERA

WORLD NAME: KARERA

Karera, as written in the Filipino Alphabet, means "race." The world illustrates a race to the Filipino Culture: Cuisine with foods popular in each of the three islands - Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Particularly, its is enveloped with an underlying theme of Fiesta (multi-colors of banderitas (hanging triangular design and feathers) or celebration where eating is happiness and bonding time with family, friends or neighbors. Dishes illustrated include Sinigang and La Paz Batchoy and a popular fruit called Durian.

PS: Timely as to give inspiration to people especially during the lockdown season in order to explore other delicacies to perhaps suit one's happiness or hunger. It is a RACE to HAPPINESS. A RACE to CULTURE. A RACE to the wonders of the world.

May our hearts RACE in excitement!

The world includes:
    • Xenonite Crystal
    • Punch and Zombie Jammer
    • Fire House
    • Philippine Folk Song - Tinikling
    • Colorful Design and Illustration
    • A track to the wonders of the Philippines
    • A V.I.P or rest area by the end of the race track

Latest Render:
    Name:  karera.png
Views: 116
Size:  133.3 KB
    IGN: Turdy

Hello!

KARERA FOR WOTD!

Default I nominate my world

Name:  adventuretoc0ckroach.png
Views: 107
Size:  344.4 KB
    Lets try again hope i win
    World name:adventuretoc0ckroach
    Growid:ratufrobe
    Story:
    Well the story is theres a little boy dreaming about c0ck roach and he little boy discover the c0ckroach hole that his grandfather telling him a years ago and he found out that the c0ckroach killed his grandfather and grandmother so he try to finish the parkoour to get his revenge he want to kill the c0ckroach, After a long parkour he finally made it and they fight Thenkilled the c0ckroach but unfortunately Its just a dream.
    Including:
    -PJAMMER
    -ZJAMMER
    -STUFF WEATHER
    -ART
    -PAKOUR

Default Nominating CONCEALEDREALM for WOTD

World : CONCEALEDREALM
    Growid : Lexieh

*Added slight fixes and improvements to the world*

Name:  51ED9B5D-FA83-4361-812B-44D64D0B0508.png
Views: 109
Size:  574.4 KB

Special thanks to Pelutoy for helping me throughout the process and thanks to LilBryGT and SexyJoker for sharing ideas!

Synopsis :

In this land, mistakes have to be learnt from. That means taking responsibility of the consequences you get wether hard or not. You had just made a big mistake that has turned your whole life upside down. You are sent to a different realm, where witches and dragons exist. To go back home to where you belong. You have to go through the trials of this unknown realm and the demanding dragon that guards the gate between these realms. it will be a tough journey will you make it back home? Or will you be swayed away by the temptations in this unheard of realm.

includes :

- punch jammer, zombie jammer, pine guard, weather machine-arid
    - credits board (above the white door)
    - adventure gate linked to worlds inspired from
    - intermediate leveled parkour ( possible without wings )
    - pixel art (dragon & castle)
    - new easter blocks (cant be seen in render)
    - seasonal clash blocks
    - storm cloud and laser grid mechanics
    - cybots and tricksters mechanics
    - song (merry go round of life, howl’s moving castle)
    - sun gate and obelisk mechanics
    - VIP area for finishers
    - short portal maze
    - adventure items (key, idol, gates & etc)
    - an interesting storyline with twists and turns

Thanks for reading !!!

Post Nominating REALMOFUNICORN for WOTD!

GrowId:Zacchi
    Nominating World:REALMOFUNICORN

This world was made by Zacchi
    The story was made by Zacchi (Fiction Story)

World Details:
    -Punch,Zombie,and Signal Jammer
    -Firehouse&CCTV
    -Weather machine Valentine's
    -Theme:Rainbow Unicorn
    -VIP Room

Description about the story:
    -This world is descripting about you as the main character want to prove your friend that unicorn is a real creature,but to prove it you must get in to the Unicorn's Realm,in Unicorn's Realm there are so much challenges you must complete,and after you completed the world you will find the REAL UNICORN you also can explore the REALMOFUNICORN

Note:I made world parkour fairly easy and short with the aim that people who visit my world do not get bored quickly by completing a long parkour

Default LANDSNAIL Nomination For WOTD

Hai Hello!

Name:  landsnail.png
Views: 126
Size:  1.06 MB

I'm RayCosmos, and I'm nominating my world LANDSNAIL for World Of The Day

Guess What! It’s also snail season so get ready for a slippery and slimy journey as the snails being their expedition for food, chomping all of your neighbour's lovely flowers she grew in the past week with their thousands of teeth!

The goal of this world is to follow the trails of the snail, through the houses of local snail conquistadors. You will go through Adventure Item picking, 'figure out the word' puzzle, parlours, dodging cybots,

Bonus: If you look closely at the snail's pixel art you can actually see their creepy eyes and their horrifying teeth! Ahhh!

World Features:
    - House on Snails!
    - Parkour Snail Shells
    - Cybot Usage
    - Easy to Medium Leveled Parkour
    - A Fruit/Vegetable Garden

~ RayCosmos