Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 76

Thread: Ubisoft making our great game unplayable garbage.

  1. #25
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodBlocks View Post
    1.) Players control the economy, not the devs. It's the community's fault for abusing such items. Most of the time it's the players who make the game trash. Who do you think are making bots for casino links? The devs? NO. Don't blame the game because it's still pretty good.

    2.) I feel like Ubisoft is getting discredited especially with the fact that they're trying their absolute best to make the game better. Alot of people's mindsets are just "an update that will not benefit them / give them more world locks = . " Don't even get me started on "sEth ANd hAMUmU BETTER!!" Yes, they were great, but honestly? They weren't THAT great. A lot of these people weren't even around when they still owned the game. It's literally sheep mentality. I'm so tired of people like this (and yes, I'm a veteran. June 22, 2013)

    Ubisoft is pumping out more great updates, features and adding QOL suggestions. If you want better features, SUGGEST THEM AND STOP WHINING. Just because it's [backpack/store layout] different doesn't mean it's bad. It will get hard to be used to but honestly you're just crying over little things.

    I do have to agree that the support team/moderation team could use some work though, but other than that, Ubisoft is doing a great job. Y'all are just babies
    It's time we appreciate and defend Ubisoft

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  2. #26
    Master Sorcerer BoxeyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    I just don't know what's up with players disagreeing with everything that Ubisoft has ever done to the game. Economy crash, overcoming bots and hackers, terrible bugs and glitches and the holocaust, just blame the living daylights out of them.

    Please be reminded that the Abu Dhabi division of Ubisoft is just a small team less than 100 people. The team litterally make 'hidden-object' based genre games, and Growtopia is just a brand new experience for them, we can't blame them for everything, I have never heard a problem that they didn't fix, (well, the big ones, that could cause a game-breaking experience). They want to continue Seth and Hamumu's great legacy of a small MMO game made by a guy who make Dink freaking Smallwood.

    I don't mind that, I really can't complain anything, yes they got the game. And they trying to make the game as good as possible, and trying to become one of the massive multiplayer game that lives on forever...ish. At least we can still enjoy the game with friends and explore the massive world created by players alike. Which is cool.

    For me, I don't really mind about the crashing economy that might have been faster than the stock market, I just want to play the game, and enjoy it while it lasts. End of story.
    IGN : GroweyNoxey

    About Me :
    - Tall Boi
    - Professional Candy Crusher
    - Completely Straight
    - Funky Hair
    - Never Got Featured On YIAY
    - Jetpack Joyrider
    - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
    - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic
    - Your Best друг

  3. #27
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    It's time we appreciate and defend Ubisoft
    there are reasonable blames on ubisofts but whatever the op mentioned isn't any of those reasonable ones
    IGN : Liquify

    support my wholesome Axolotl thread!


  4. #28
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    Store and inventory UI have needed this update, I can’t imagine a reason why someone would dislike this streamlining besides “change bad”. Inflation is basically bound to happen unless they add a serious world lock sink (I believe this was the idea behind Locke, and even pet battles but neither have fully worked) as right now there are more WLs added to the game than are removed. Also, rayman/magplant will rise in price forever because there is a truly limited supply and endless demand. I’m not sure I agree with making such useful items into limited IOTMs, so in that sense I would say Ubisoft made a mistake.

    Really though, players who excessively criticize ubisoft for literally everything wrong with Growtopia (server lag, toxic players, getting scammed, being bored) are just looking for a scapegoat. I started playing GT in 2014 and realistically the game’s core issue has been festering for longer than that. Ubisoft has taken some steps in the right direction but this game is fundamentally a nightmarish mess of features thrown in at random and held together by a cutthroat economy, and this underlying problem predates the Ubisoft buyout by several years.

    Join the Smithing Guild!

  5. #29

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    I always see this as an excuse nowadays. No one really seems to appreciate nor like Ubisoft's updates just because they aren't beneficial enough to the players. The community's just greedy, just because they can't benefit, they'll say it's some useless or smthn', they aren't even looking at the positive side. What they all want are benefits that will make them rich.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This. THIS. THIS!
    How can u said no one appreciate nor like ubisoft update, you can see on post many of us like this update, I personally love it with this new improvement, where I can find my item I was so junkie I cant find stuff even at chef 10 sometime I burn food because I couldn't find it on time, so I appreciate this update and many other feel the same. But like I said everyone got there own opinion of ubisoft, no matter if they do good or not it will alway be some negative opinion, we cant control how other think,
    The only thing we can do it appreciate what they offer, I'm old player to and I see a big change,
    I will said there time I get frustrated with sudden change,like bug glitch, cant log on server crash, in middle surgery server keep dc, one day 40 time dc server keep crash, but I just have to wait they fix and log back , but honestly if a player dislike so much they were have quit the game long time ago. So because we love this game so much, And keep coming back for more, so please dont said everyone dont appreciate it, we do.

  6. #30
    Lesser Wizard CaribbeanJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    UAE.
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    I am sorry for the frustrations you felt about the changes in the game and I completely understand.


    Thank you for your hard work, I thank other devs too.

    IGN : CaribbeanJr

  7. #31

    Default Thanks everybody for reading my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceste View Post
    I have played growtopia for about 5 years now, and it has been my favorite game almost all that time. I loved that the game had risks and huge opportunities. It taught everybody patience and about being a shopkeeper and an investor. Now the game is very close to being unplayable. 3 years ago Ubisoft bought Growtopia which was scary since we didnt know what changes were coming to our beloved game.

    It started off pretty good, with some nice updates with new features. The server quality downgraded a lot since often you disconnected from the game twice an hour.
    Iotms were fun but quite useless until we had a small update that would change growtopia forever.

    The inflation
    Rayman and the magplant. Rayman has had a lot of critique about being overpowered but after having it for a few days a couple years ago, I quickly realised it was just a very useful farming too, not that overpowered. Magplant was a super useful farming tool which enabled bfgs, which meant automatic farming was now possible. You could buy yourself a couple magplants, about 10 dls back then, and just go mad with the farmables and people, using other people to break over 100,000 blocks every day. This meant that the profit from harvested trees (Gems) started hugely growing.
    By now, Growtopias entire economy is ruined. You can get chandeliers for 100/1 which is ten times cheaper than the original price that was before magplants. The inflation of Growtopia started when hackers started using bots to auto farm themselves gems and therefore got tons of wls. The situation with this inflation became so bad that Ubisoft had to add a blue gem lock which is 100 dls a.k.a.
    10,000 world locks. This is an amount of worldlocks a farmer couldnt get even by farming 24/7 every day for a year, yet some of the richest people in Growtopia have tens of blue gem locks...

    I blame Ubisoft for Growtopias economy garbage.

    Recent updates that Ubisoft has made include the chat, backpack and shop updates, and all I have to ask is OH MY GOD WHY???

    The only things u hadnt already messed up was the games unique chat layout, backpack layout and store layout. You threw completely good layouts in the bin and put weird icons everywhere.
    This is clearly not what we wanted. The store looks like a bunch of tiny squares, little texts and huge amounts of empty space.

    The worst thing of all, is the huge ****ing white text strip (on mobile= that goes on top of already large keyboard (which is fine on its own) and makes the game unplayable.
    If you are talking to somebody you cannot see what they are texting back because all Ubisoft apparently cares about is seeing your own texts from two different places.
    "But Ceste you could just open the chat" Yes, I can open the chat but then I CANNOT SEE THE GAME AT ALL.
    MY GOD WHY CANT YOU MAKE THE WHITE TEXT STRIP OPTIONAL.

    This is all I have for you today. Fix your game Ubisoft, Fix your game.
    Thanks to everybody for reading my post. I was a bit heated when I made the post.
    I blame Ubisoft for the economy crash, because they enabled autofarming in such a large scale, and have not disabled it since.
    It is not like it cannot be fixed, since it can.
    You can change the gem drop from trees to maximum of five for example.
    I did not lose my wls in the economy drop.

    Please make an option where I can play the game as I used to, atleast remove the buttons.

    Thank you.

  8. #32
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceste View Post
    Thanks to everybody for reading my post. I was a bit heated when I made the post.
    I blame Ubisoft for the economy crash, because they enabled autofarming in such a large scale, and have not disabled it since.
    It is not like it cannot be fixed, since it can.
    You can change the gem drop from trees to maximum of five for example.
    I did not lose my wls in the economy drop.

    Please make an option where I can play the game as I used to, atleast remove the buttons.

    Thank you.
    Oh, so you’re so smart and think you can solve the auto-farming issue. Go ahead! Tell us your solution. Why would we change the the tree gem drop rate? What’s the point? It has nothing to do with the auto-farming issue.

    Why would you blame Ubisoft for “enabling” the auto-farming issue? They have done nothing directly to cause it or start it. Ubisoft is making the game better, for what I can see.

    And for your original post, Ubisoft did not intend to crash the economy. It’s the players’ fault! Like my friend said before, a Wiggly Worm fishing bait could be like a diamond lock! It’s all up to the players, they don’t have much influence on their opinions.
    All the other things you stated are good points in the game. They improved the game’s design.
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916


    Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

    current active world: powfartsv2

  9. #33

    Thumbs up Its not unplayable garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceste View Post
    Thanks to everybody for reading my post. I was a bit heated when I made the post.
    I blame Ubisoft for the economy crash, because they enabled autofarming in such a large scale, and have not disabled it since.
    It is not like it cannot be fixed, since it can.
    You can change the gem drop from trees to maximum of five for example.
    I did not lose my wls in the economy drop.

    Please make an option where I can play the game as I used to, atleast remove the buttons.

    Thank you.
    I regret saying that the chat and backpack updates were bad, since I tested it out again and I see your point, its easier to navigate.
    However the store update was not needed and it literally added nothing but a cosmetic look.
    The white strip still remains and the boxes for chat and backpack are way too big on mobile phones.
    The reason I think the gem drop from trees should be nerfed, because it is one of the major reasons of growtopia’s economy drop.
    People using bfg to instantly get seeds from blocks are profiting huge amounts of wls compared to farmers who dont have them.
    They can also claim rent from the spots in bfg rooms which is...
    Its too much.
    I would change the drop rate, since it is an easy fix.
    Creating huge algorithms to ban autofarmers should be done, but its not that easy.

    Thanks.

  10. #34
    Master Sorcerer ScammePlse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I funded Ubisoft's server
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceste View Post
    I regret saying that the chat and backpack updates were bad, since I tested it out again and I see your point, its easier to navigate.
    However the store update was not needed and it literally added nothing but a cosmetic look.
    The white strip still remains and the boxes for chat and backpack are way too big on mobile phones.
    The reason I think the gem drop from trees should be nerfed, because it is one of the major reasons of growtopia’s economy drop.
    People using bfg to instantly get seeds from blocks are profiting huge amounts of wls compared to farmers who dont have them.
    They can also claim rent from the spots in bfg rooms which is...
    Its too much.
    I would change the drop rate, since it is an easy fix.
    Creating huge algorithms to ban autofarmers should be done, but its not that easy.

    Thanks.
    Nice save

    Case closed
    O how little

  11. #35
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    44

    Default Ubisoft

    That is absoluntenly not true. Ubisoft and his team are doing the best to keep this game up, and helping the Growtopia Players and all they have gotten is complaining from people. You guys should be happy for what you guys have. And please behave your language.

  12. #36
    Lesser Wizard nemoguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    137

    Default

    *grabs popcorn*
    My current username is JellyPies, I'm ashamed by my forums name

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •