Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to remove save.dat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    id simply recommend enabling windows defender or any antimalware software as they can register any latest malicious file.

scary things about what you download can be anything, so if youre unable to locate the file, its mostly hidden, just use a software that locates it. malwarebytes and windows defender itself can protect you and warn you (unless you disabled them or allowed the malware to be ingored by the software youre using.)
    Highly doubt most antimalware software would even be able to detect a save.dat stealer. It's such a specific target that most probably won't even recognise it as malware.
    I could be wrong though, so don't take my word for it.

That being said, the best protection against something like this is simply common sense.
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Default z

Well If it's a save.dat stealer then change your growtopia password and delete the stealer you've downloaded

but in other cases like a rat hack, you need to change your growtopia password and do a full reset of your pc

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothalamuss View Post
    Owh, so the stealer only works if you click on an app like for ex. Gabb?

- - - Updated - - -

What if I deleted every thing she downloaded and re-install growtopia, can the hackers still steal her save.dat?

Firstly she must of downloaded wrong gabb cause it aint a stealer. Secondly As long as its only taking the save.dat then u should be allright unless u try to open it again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Highly doubt most antimalware software would even be able to detect a save.dat stealer. It's such a specific target that most probably won't even recognise it as malware.
    I could be wrong though, so don't take my word for it.

That being said, the best protection against something like this is simply common sense.
    Any protection would of deleted it since its made from unknow source so they must of turned it off or something