Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I've been hacked for the 3rd time

  1. #1
    Lesser Knight GummyJ0SH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    High Hrothgar
    Posts
    35

    Default I've been hacked for the 3rd time

    Last week, I logged in and stay in the game for an hour then I realize that someone is logging in my account I thought it was the server trying to. then right now it happens to me again, it was a person trying to log in.

    List of stolen/lost items:
    - 130 Growtokens
    - Zephyr Helm = 65-75 wls
    - Ancestral Lens of Riches = 260 wls
    - Little Red Hoodie = 24-25 wls
    - Money Gun = 90 wls

    p.s AAP was enabled

    time i logged in: 11:50 pm in Philippines time

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    3,173

    Default

    and you didn't change your password
    h
    IGN : C21H23NO5


  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Creatorss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Mystery.
    Posts
    1,355

    Thumbs up

    If you had AAP enabled then I think you better contact support they might give your items back not sure tho. But change your password from gmail, Game and all for safety.
    Support my account protection idea here

    Instagram: Creators.Gt

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Place Far Away Manila
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GummyJ0SH View Post
    Last week, I logged in and stay in the game for an hour then I realize that someone is logging in my account I thought it was the server trying to. then right now it happens to me again, it was a person trying to log in.

    List of stolen/lost items:
    - 130 Growtokens
    - Zephyr Helm = 65-75 wls
    - Ancestral Lens of Riches = 260 wls
    - Little Red Hoodie = 24-25 wls
    - Money Gun = 90 wls

    p.s AAP was enabled

    time i logged in: 11:50 pm in Philippines time
    Okay.. From a tip from a pH player. Never goto casinos or give any information. If it just cookies, you must not go there.

    And submit a ticket to the support
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

  5. #5
    Squire 0xD3F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I've seen this Thread on the first page a few days ago. Sadly I couldn't reply, because of the new account restriction. I don't think this suits Off-Topic, since it's Growtopia related but I want to clear things out. Since I know just too good how doing this bad things work.

    In General the Support got their A-Z Answers that they use to answer to these scenarios. And I can tell you that they won't use their magic to give you your items back (since it's your duty to protect your accounts data), unless this case here is caused by their fault because the games database got compromised. Which is not the case because you just said AAP is enabled.

    What I see here is the use of an application that has stolen your Hardware Information that can be used to bypass the Advanced Account Protection. There might be other options, but I expect that everyone in here is smart enough to not do them.

    I just wonder how this is possible when you play the game normally. I don't want to accuse anyone in here of using third-party software that for example can start from seemless harmless World Planners, to the stuff that is not so harmless and may break the games rules.

    To keep it short now: You opened or just downloaded a program from the web, from a random / not trustful source, and it had a 'Stealer' built-in or binded to it which allowed the attacker to spoof his hardware with the stolen information from you and login into your Account. rip
    Profiles:
    Github
    Codepen.io

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Fredbear489's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Inside a World Lock
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0xD3F View Post
    I've seen this Thread on the first page a few days ago. Sadly I couldn't reply, because of the new account restriction. I don't think this suits Off-Topic, since it's Growtopia related but I want to clear things out. Since I know just too good how doing this bad things work.

    In General the Support got their A-Z Answers that they use to answer to these scenarios. And I can tell you that they won't use their magic to give you your items back (since it's your duty to protect your accounts data), unless this case here is caused by their fault because the games database got compromised. Which is not the case because you just said AAP is enabled.

    What I see here is the use of an application that has stolen your Hardware Information that can be used to bypass the Advanced Account Protection. There might be other options, but I expect that everyone in here is smart enough to not do them.

    I just wonder how this is possible when you play the game normally. I don't want to accuse anyone in here of using third-party software that for example can start from seemless harmless World Planners, to the stuff that is not so harmless and may break the games rules.

    To keep it short now: You opened or just downloaded a program from the web, from a random / not trustful source, and it had a 'Stealer' built-in or binded to it which allowed the attacker to spoof his hardware with the stolen information from you and login into your Account. rip
    But if someone tried to log in to his account, wouldn't he have received a message from AAP saying that someone may have tried to log in to his account?
    IGN: ProbablySeth

    Geometry Dash isn't dead

  7. #7
    Squire 0xD3F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fredbear489 View Post
    But if someone tried to log in to his account, wouldn't he have received a message from AAP saying that someone may have tried to log in to his account?
    I don't know if AAP does that when it doesn't detect a new Computer. That's what I meant with spoofing. The game is thinking it's the Account Owner logging into the Account.
    Profiles:
    Github
    Codepen.io

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Internet security is a serious issue today. I faced with similar issue some time ago that's why I started using vpn to protect my privacy. It's the easiest way to protect data online from snoopers. I found review about no log vpn here https://veepn.com/vpn-features/no-log-vpn/ and decided to give it a try. Works great.
    Last edited by joombo; 03-20-2020 at 07:30 AM.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer NotSeedTopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    East Pole
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joombo View Post
    Internet security is a serious issue today. I faced with similar issue some time ago that's why I started using vpn to protect my privacy. It's the easiest way to protect data online from snoopers.
    This reply is sponsored by NordVPN. Staying safe online is an ever growing difficulty and you could be exploited by hackers. NordVPN allows you to change your IP address, making you harder to track, securing your privacy. Check out the link in the description to get 20% off for the first two months and thank you to NordVPN for sponsoring this video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

    ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard DJPMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA - Ohio
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    This reply is sponsored by NordVPN. Staying safe online is an ever growing difficulty and you could be exploited by hackers. NordVPN allows you to change your IP address, making you harder to track, securing your privacy. Check out the link in the description to get 20% off for the first two months and thank you to NordVPN for sponsoring this video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Ok boomer...
    Howdy

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •