Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Merged] Guardian Application Feedback

Default [Merged] Guardian Application Feedback

EDIT: During the span of these 24 hours I noticed that I might have explained way too vaguely. What I really mean by this thread is that there ARE exceptions. I agree, some of the younger people might not be experienced enough to be fit for the job, but some are. The general idea of this thread is that there are exceptions. Even though they are rare, in my opinion they should be recognized. How to know if someone is fit for the job? The application itself should be enough to demonstrate maturity. By reducing the age requirement, you’ll open yourself to hundreds of new possibilities. Who knows what might be waiting for you? Aside from that, if you don’t like any of the applications, don’t hire younger people. It might cost a little bit more time, but if there’s a good person there, you’d be rewarded with a great Guardian. If it wasn’t for Seth and Hamumu’s choice, one of the most famous Growtopian youtuber who influenced thousands of people and brought many players to the game probably wouldn’t be that successful (I’m talking about ShadowSurfer). So please, do take younger people in consideration. It will probably do more good than harm.

I really do not want to cause drama. I only want to share my opinion. Please don’t bring violence to this thread. Let’s respect everyone else’s opinions. Thank you for your comprehension.

Hello. First of all, I’d like to state that I do not intend to offend anyone nor criticize Ubisoft harshly. My purpose is to present an argument on why Ubisoft should lower the age requirement of the Guardian Application. I’ve got several reasons on why to do so.

Minors can indeed sign any type of document, including NDAs. As an added bonus, in some countries voluntary work is not considered an employment relationship. If that’s not enough, a parent or responsible can also sign the document. If you’re still questioning yourself why you should hire people younger than 16, keep in mind younger people tend to learn things faster according to this study: https://edlab.tc.columbia.edu/blog/1...er-than-Adults. They also have a good work ethic, such as being workaholics, shown by this arcticle: https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/www....cs-is-here/amp.

Usually, they have more free time, thus leading to more play time, and maturity can be found on them, even though it’s a little bit more scarce. If you think the sources are weak pieces of evidence, what I said is proven by ShadowSurfer, a former Moderator who was hired when he was 14. Many considered him a very good Moderator during his active period.

All I ask for is Ubisoft to, please, at least give a chance to younger people. They can still be great Guardians. Afterall, Guardians don’t have much power, so they can’t even harm Growtopia that much.

Questions

1.Younger people are rarely mature and sometimes it’s hard to trust them!
    Answer: That, in my opinion, is one of the main reasons why the Guardian role was created. It’s a scaled down version of a moderator who can’t do much harm to the game. Plus, they are monitored very closely, so this shouldn’t be a problem.

2.Maybe the job is way too stressful to them.
    Answer: They can choose to do the application. Doing it isn’t really necessary. If they feel it’s way too much for them, they don’t need to apply. Aside from that, Ubisoft reads the applications carefully, thus they can choose the right person for the job.

3.Why would Ubisoft even bother to change the requirement to 14? Many more applications would come, thus making them waste more time.
    Answer: The applications we’re getting right now are mostly from the same applicants as December. If Ubisoft lowers the requirement, they would get brand new applicants.

Again, I value your opinion a lot. I’m just giving my own opinion here.

My opinion about the age requirement:

I’ve seen people suggesting 14 and 15 years of age requirement. There are hundreds, if not thousands of players who would want to speak about this here, but don’t know about the forums. Not to mention ShadowSurfer was 14 when he was hired. So maybe we can agree on 14.

Thank you for your attention.
    Last edited by John S.; 03-12-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I believe Zerkon was also very young when he turned into a moderator which again I guess proves your point.
    Always Remember Hardwork Pays Off
    Knowledge Is Power 9.24

If I was a developer of the game like this, I would never give such powers to anybody who is not 18, maybe even 21. I don't want to spend my braincells thinking if some 14 years old will ban hundreds of people or not. If you ask me, they should head more towards life-experienced rather than game-experienced people.
    Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
    Find me on Twitter!
    Add me on discord: Nex#5964

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyNex View Post
    If I was a developer of the game like this, I would never give such powers to anybody who is not 18, maybe even 21. I don't want to spend my braincells thinking if some 14 years old will ban hundreds of people or not. If you ask me, they should head more towards life-experienced rather than game-experienced people.
    Just because people are young it doesn’t mean they aren’t mature, you can get a lot of immature 18 and unders but there are mature ones too
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    Just because people are young it doesn’t mean they aren’t mature, you can get a lot of immature 18 and unders but there are mature ones too
    That's why it is hard for Ubisoft to choose. But let's be frank, nobody is gonna think "Oh maybe he is mature enough" when there are an actual 18+ people who are presumed to be mature. Being young and mature is a rare thing also, so don't get your hopes up.
    Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
    Find me on Twitter!
    Add me on discord: Nex#5964

Put yourself in the staff's shoes, would you really be willing to give kids or young teens powers that can do a lot of damage if misused? It's not worth the risk.

I know that there are some very mature people that are below 14 years of age and there are some immature people that are above 18 years of age, but generally speaking, with age comes maturity, not to mention that kids are also ,generally speaking of course, very unpredictable. I'd say if anything, the required age to become a guardian is too low. It should be bumped up to 18 years.
    Only trust people with what you're willing to lose.

Stay safe, don't get scammed, and have a good day!

You cannot compare the old mods in the time where the community wasn't really a chaos to the community today, I believe that 16 is just the right age because it's something you have to work on everyday. Me personally as a 14 year old kid, why would you let 14 year olds possibly stress themselves? Some 14 year olds may be mature than 16 and up year olds but that doesn't mean they can work for Growtopia forever. The state of the community needs very tough guardians and moderators and people at the age of 16 is just right.

just my opinion

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi well, I agree but you can't compare the old mods with the new ones because the old ones was chosen by Seth and hamumu and The community. But I think 16 is a good age for starting point. I think the requirments are actually great for the Game Guardians right now and I don't think there is any necessary point changing that.
    Support my account protection idea here

Instagram: Creators.Gt

Bumperoo
    IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

i do want to agree abt the age policy. but it kinda makes me think too, because growtopia needs experienced people too,, do they? also, i think younger audience tends to seek attention, and get easily addicted, which kinda is a double edged sword? sorry its just my opinion
    Find me in-game: Intensifies
    Contact me via discord; cher#1374
    ( ´ ▽ ` ) Check more of my growtopian arts in my instagram : @mysmio (´・ᴗ・ ` )

stay safe and have a nice day!

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps it's something that we could consider in the next application. But we'll see. Anyway, just curious, what should be the minimum age requirement (in your opinion)?

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps it's something that we could consider in the next application. But we'll see. Anyway, just curious, what should be the minimum age requirement (in your opinion)?
    See all of the past mods that were hired to moderate to the game. In my opinion, if possible, 14-15 should be the limit. going under 14 is kind of a no no. I don't know. what do you guys think?
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924