Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [Merged] Guardian Application Feedback

Bumperinos!
    IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    I like the healthy discussion and the concerns being pointed out here.

We mostly agree on the reasoning a lot of you have shared on why we decided on hiring guardians who are minimum 16 years of age. Being a gamer since a kid I do remember how my mind worked in terms of gaming when I was below 15 versus when I was 17 above, there is indeed a huge difference. I do understand that there may be 14 or 13 year old players who are responsible and/or think maturely, however, being a guardian esp. a mod takes a lot of dedication and moderating is a huge responsibility since they are given powers and privileges in the game, we have to be careful with that. To quote Uncle Ben "With great power comes great responsibility".

Anyway, I'd like to know more what other players think about this topic.
    I totally agree with what you have said, to come back to my point of why 16+ should stay as it is.

1. Yes there are people who can be very mature for their age, however from personal experience I know that sadly the immature outweigh the mature ones. As an example I could say staying as a Staff Member in a different community/game, where I am a Senior Staff Member/Hierarchy. There it has happened a lot of times, during my staffing time, that several people who were still under 16 acted very unreasonable. Being given special powers can get to some people's heads very fast which then leads to abuse of their priviliges ingame.

2. I know that the community consists of a lot of people that are still 14+ and they would also like to have a chance to try out as a person to help others and to make the game better.
    However personally I say that from 15+ you start to act more reasonable on certain matters. Right now I am 19 and I will get 20 soon, so I know myself how long it took to get where I am. (Finishing my apprenticeship, finding a new job that I enjoy and focusing on my diplomas).

3. The 3rd that I want to discuss is that 14-15 old people still got to think of their future and focus on school. When you reach 16+ you pretty much have an idea what you want to go for and you can split and organise your time better.

These are just my personal experiences on this topic. If you have anything you would like to point out, feel free and have a good remaining day/night!
    Stats:

Name: IPractices
    Main World: IPractices
    Lvl: 50/50 - Achieved on 04.03.2020
    Growtokens: 110/200

Always remember to be truthful to yourself and never hide your true interests.

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps it's something that we could consider in the next application. But we'll see. Anyway, just curious, what should be the minimum age requirement (in your opinion)?
    My opinion 14 years is a good minimum age but it ALLWAYS come to the point where some are a month from becoming 14 (as I do now) And they will lose the opportunity to apply for the guardian because they can't open the link.

The idea to integrate the forums to the Applications should be considered.

It shows how much a person helps others and sometimes they do suggestions that could benefit the game or have healthy discussions overall.

As many people also check the forums constanly, it pretty muchs shows to others how the person reacts on here and how

his personality is. This gets a +1.
    Stats:

Name: IPractices
    Main World: IPractices
    Lvl: 50/50 - Achieved on 04.03.2020
    Growtokens: 110/200

Always remember to be truthful to yourself and never hide your true interests.

Quote Originally Posted by IPractices View Post
    The idea to integrate the forums to the Applications should be considered.

It shows how much a person helps others and sometimes they do suggestions that could benefit the game or have healthy discussions overall.

As many people also check the forums constanly, it pretty muchs shows to others how the person reacts on here and how

his personality is. This gets a +1.
    I agree, the forums is a good way of showing experience in the community, and should be a part of the main, or a new set of requirements for other type of players with a lower level who support more of the community and less level-providing activities like world building, ghost hunting, fishing and helping outside the game.
    IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Wframe View Post
    My opinion 14 years is a good minimum age but it ALLWAYS come to the point where some are a month from becoming 14 (as I do now) And they will lose the opportunity to apply for the guardian because they can't open the link.
    Don’t worry about that. Last application was 3 months ago, so you’re likely to be 14 until the next application. Even then, they would probably consider 13 year olds about to turn 14, just as they did on the last application. They considered 15 year olds who were about to turn 16.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the healthy discussion and the concerns being pointed out here.

We mostly agree on the reasoning a lot of you have shared on why we decided on hiring guardians who are minimum 16 years of age. Being a gamer since a kid I do remember how my mind worked in terms of gaming when I was below 15 versus when I was 17 above, there is indeed a huge difference. I do understand that there may be 14 or 13 year old players who are responsible and/or think maturely, however, being a guardian esp. a mod takes a lot of dedication and moderating is a huge responsibility since they are given powers and privileges in the game, we have to be careful with that. To quote Uncle Ben "With great power comes great responsibility".

Anyway, I'd like to know more what other players think about this topic.
    Also, I’d like to ask for something, if I may. Most people on the forums are older than 16, thus they share a similar point of view. Most of the younger playerbase doesn’t know or doesn’t have access to the forums. If possible, could you please bring the discussion to the game or something like that, where younger people are?

Squire

Default The Age Requirement About Guardian SURVEY

Hello everyone,
    I want to talk about the age requirement about guardian survey.
    Actually 14 years old boy or girl not so little. But they aren’t teen enough I think and the player base is 70%-80% is 10-14 years old. Thats why if you choose more than 14+ we can understand them more easily.Some people maybe don’t like my post.But if you think about this I’m right actually. I’m not judging anyone lower than 16 don’t understand me like that please.

Please Keep Safe.
    ~Troctec

Can agree and can disagree.

Not trying to show any hate towards younger teens, but jeez, they do flex when they get something "cool". So them getting promoted, ahh, can't even think about it. They'd just go around worlds and start collecting "fame" or showing off how cool they are and that they actually became a guardian.

Not saying 16 years old and older aren't flexing, but they do flex less than 14 year old teens. Also I don't think that this hard job is suitable for 14 year olds. It's not like you go to the word, report it and leave. You got much more things to do.
    Discord: Moksej#3335
    IGN: Moksej
    Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/93CXDj3

Join us now: https://discord.gg/UhBdxvr

Quote Originally Posted by John S. View Post
    Don’t worry about that. Last application was 3 months ago, so you’re likely to be 14 until the next application. Even then, they would probably consider 13 year olds about to turn 14, just as they did on the last application. They considered 15 year olds who were about to turn 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I’d like to ask for something, if I may. Most people on the forums are older than 16, thus they share a similar point of view. Most of the younger playerbase doesn’t know or doesn’t have access to the forums. If possible, could you please bring the discussion to the game or something like that, where younger people are?
    The statement that others gave is kind of the truth you know, asking about it in-game ain't going to change that. Look, I know you want to be a moderator badly, but you'll have to wait until your old enough. I don't think they will decrease the age minimum, You just have to wait. I don't know man... (Not trying to destroy your dreams)
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Best is 16+ mid way from too low and too high
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

Coming from a 14 year old, I'm triggered at the age limit. I acquire for everything but the age limit
    IGN: ProbablySeth

Geometry Dash isn't dead

Personally, I would prefer the age limit for applications to be 18+ and the level requirement to be 40+ or 50+.

IGN: DREARY