Thread: Make sure you know about this Crystal SCAM!

Default Make sure you know about this Crystal SCAM!

Hey guys, im coming here to post so nobody is as dumb as me and doesn't lose wls to this like I did. SO, I was using the geiger, and I had gotten a white crystal. I was super excited because this not only was super expensive (atleast to me), but would get me my first Diamond Lock. So I tried to sell it and a buyer said "come to my world all my wls are there". I didn't expect much because the thought of finally getting a DL overshadowed my other thoughts. So it was royal locked which I was like kind of weird but didnt think too much of it. There was another person there spamming the crystal on the floor to show they were selling a white crystal so I did too. Then he went to trade that other person and bought it. So I was like, ok, seems good. So he asked me you sell white or black? And, I kept spamming the white on the ground. Then he went to the brb bubble thing and I didn't see a there was a builders lock AT ALL. No lock border no lock no nothing. So, he said, "Sorry! needed to change DL to WL did you sell black or white again?" So I spammed it on the ground and it placed and said "Builders lock allows building only!" and then he banned me. Despite being super upset, I just wanted to warn you guys (not sure if this is old or not just wanted to make sure). Stay safe out there!

IGN:Cocoanuts
    World:Balleys
    Last edited by Cocoanuts; 03-13-2020 at 09:20 PM.

yeah, someone I know got scammed a dary seed this way. Stay safe!
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    yeah, someone I know got scammed a dary seed this way. Stay safe!
    Thank you!

Angry Same. :(

Oh my god. Same EXACT thing happened to me a year ago. Oxygen a famous player known for his name scammed me. Who knew big people skemmed too.

Now if you don't mind, I wanted to share how mad I was. I even made a video after I got scammed. Hope these skemmers get banned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P537LrJ4jpE
    Stay safe y'all

Mesa channel: http://bit.ly/2NnRUm3
    Mesa Discord: JonnyPlaysGT#7139

Hit me up if you've got 6 spare DLs

Lesser Wizard

Happened to me. Next time just plant dirt seeds on those blocks lol

Next time be alert to your sorroundings. And please don't be fog with ur delusions.

Because my grammar killed me
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

Lesser Wizard

They do it to trophies and to the seeds used for lwiz. Most of the worlds have a wallpapers and blocks to hide the lines of HLs. You just need to be aware of anything and troll to punish them
    GrowID: ProdigyDawn
    IG: @prodigydawn
    ProdigyDawn#5608

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoanuts View Post
    Hey guys, im coming here to post so nobody is as dumb as me and doesn't lose wls to this like I did. SO, I was using the geiger, and I had gotten a white crystal. I was super excited because this not only was super expensive (atleast to me), but would get me my first Diamond Lock. So I tried to sell it and a buyer said "come to my world all my wls are there". I didn't expect much because the thought of finally getting a DL overshadowed my other thoughts. So it was royal locked which I was like kind of weird but didnt think too much of it. There was another person there spamming the crystal on the floor to show they were selling a white crystal so I did too. Then he went to trade that other person and bought it. So I was like, ok, seems good. So he asked me you sell white or black? And, I kept spamming the white on the ground. Then he went to the brb bubble thing and I didn't see a there was a builders lock AT ALL. No lock border no lock no nothing. So, he said, "Sorry! needed to change DL to WL did you sell black or white again?" So I spammed it on the ground and it placed and said "Builders lock allows building only!" and then he banned me. Despite being super upset, I just wanted to warn you guys (not sure if this is old or not just wanted to make sure). Stay safe out there!
    I got scammed this way too! Everything is the same as what you experienced. I got white crystal. Try to sell and received a msg. Went there to sell. Royal locked and surroundings are really well decorated with different kind of blocks(probably for harmonizing crystal.) The scammer asked me something like "You sell white or black?" I try to msg or talk, but i couldn't. So i placed. And yes, I got scammed. I was really upset and angry.
    IGN: vMerami
    Touhou and anime is my lifeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Minamiya Natsuki
    Don't address your teacher with -chan!
    best quote ever

you guys have to listen to this song by Minami

It's unfortunate, I was scammed a black crystal way way way back with less advanced features such as builders and royal lock.
    Sorry it's happened to you but you'll recover and get your DL.
    Best advice in general is trade in the world with items that can be placed, almost 100% of come to my world I'll buy are some way scams.
    Don't waste your time just trade in said world.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - HELLO
    Instagram - JuD.Growtopia

Goal -
    Title - 100%/100%
    New goals.
    1) complete all classics.
    2) complete all epics.

Next time use billboard (only for supporter)... You can obtain it for free for just watching ads

Cover is not the book
    So open it up and take a look
    'Cause under the covers one discovers
    That the king may be a crook

For a cover is nice
    But a cover is not the book

I have heard similar stories about this scam a year ago. Play safe, be cautious always!

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by UkyoKuonji View Post
    Next time use billboard (only for supporter)... You can obtain it for free for just watching ads
    Wait you get billboards for watching ads how quiant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*