Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any fans of classical/piano music?

Default Any fans of classical/piano music?

I’ve been very into classical music/piano last 2 years, and I especially like Chopin’s pieces, pieces like...
    Op9 no2
    Prelude in E minor,
    Ballade in g minor,
    Op 48 no1
    and many, many others. Not sure how to explain, but his pieces really speaks to me in a way...
    Also pieces by other composers like Franz Liszt’s 3rd liebestraum, and a bunch of random songs by many different people like Claude debussy, beethoven, Rachmaninoff etc.
    Anyone else here who also loves this type of music and if so, share some pieces you love!

(Also if you never really listened to this type of music, I really advise you to try it out)
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

i love me some kate chopin

and frederic chopin ig

except i cant read or play chopin
    hi guise, im hi, guise, im hi guise, im hi, guise

Op 48 no 1 is great. I find it very emotional and the buildup to the doppio movimento is nice, while actual part of the piece is very beautiful. I'm actually playing this rn, also I am very bad at it.

My favorite composer is definitely Rachmaninoff, because his pieces can be extremely exciting and tense to downright depressing.
    I like his preludes and etude-tableaux's the most. But the best piece he made in my opinion is etude Op 39 no 6 or prelude op 32 no 12.

Lesser Wizard

Omg, i don't even understand it

I really like the Romantic composers because I feel like there is a lot of virtuosity in both technique and composition at that time, and it really shows. I have really taken an interest since I picked piano up again a few years ago since it is something to aspire to: to be able to play even the first thirty seconds of a Liszt piece. It sounds really ridiculous to make classical music out to be new, but for me, it basically is, and it is cool to be able to learn and appreciate it more as I learn to play an instrument.

Jokes aside, I have found myself really enjoying Liszt. The Hungarian Rhapsodies have a sort of inspiring feel, and I really have found myself infatuated with “Un Sospiro” (a very beautiful piece, if I may add), as that seems to be the first difficult piece I want to attempt a year or two from now (arpeggios in entire hands is easier for me than arpeggios in one hand, running up or down the keys).
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

Whatever timeline I am living in, I want out.

Contact Info:

Squire

I personally am a self taught pianist of 2-3 years now. I'm not much of a fun of classical but I do enjoy playing any sort of music. Fun hobby.
    "untitled 2014-"

Name Changed to Paths - 2/15/2016

handing out hearts since 2003 :^)

Uhh.. all i know is
    -Clair de Lune
    -Canon
    -Moonlight Sonata (all 3 movements)
    -Fur Elise
    -Rondo Alla Turka
    -Flight of the Bumblebee
    -Hungarian Rhapsody
    -La Campanella
    And.. thats about it..
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Floydz0
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

Banned

I do and if you really are then guess this : Ding da ring ding dring tuhtuhtuhtuhting diriring dariring I just don't know but this reminds me walking to school while the sun conquers the land..

If you like piano music, then I highly recommend checking out Lionel Yu/Musicalbasics.

He makes some fantastic original compositions, here's an example y'all should check out:
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by HairyPother View Post
    Op 48 no 1 is great. I find it very emotional and the buildup to the doppio movimento is nice, while actual part of the piece is very beautiful. I'm actually playing this rn, also I am very bad at it.

My favorite composer is definitely Rachmaninoff, because his pieces can be extremely exciting and tense to downright depressing.
    I like his preludes and etude-tableaux's the most. But the best piece he made in my opinion is etude Op 39 no 6 or prelude op 32 no 12.
    The emotion is really what makes me love Chopin, and yeah, especially in songs like op 48 no1. The doppio is probably my favourite part about that song the feels gets so intense.

Haven’t gotten to listen too much to Rachmaninoff, I really like one of his Preludes (depressing one with a lot of chords) but I’ll definitely take a listen to the pieces you mentioned!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    I really like the Romantic composers because I feel like there is a lot of virtuosity in both technique and composition at that time, and it really shows. I have really taken an interest since I picked piano up again a few years ago since it is something to aspire to: to be able to play even the first thirty seconds of a Liszt piece. It sounds really ridiculous to make classical music out to be new, but for me, it basically is, and it is cool to be able to learn and appreciate it more as I learn to play an instrument.

Jokes aside, I have found myself really enjoying Liszt. The Hungarian Rhapsodies have a sort of inspiring feel, and I really have found myself infatuated with “Un Sospiro” (a very beautiful piece, if I may add), as that seems to be the first difficult piece I want to attempt a year or two from now (arpeggios in entire hands is easier for me than arpeggios in one hand, running up or down the keys).
    Yeah there’s something about that era that I really love. I guess it’s just that the songs are very emotional. And yes I also want to try and play Liszt. I started playing piano about a year ago and immediately began practicing Chopin’s op9 no2 which is a really high goal for someone who never really played piano. I’m planning on following those footsteps and try to learn the 3rd liebestraum (lol) Problem is that I can’t read sheet music which I believe is really important for good progress (?) Should I rather focus on learning how to read sheet music than actually play?

Quote Originally Posted by xFrostx View Post
    I personally am a self taught pianist of 2-3 years now. I'm not much of a fun of classical but I do enjoy playing any sort of music. Fun hobby.
    I’m also self taught but only started about a year ago. I really like it because the progress is very visible. After trying to learn a piece for a while, you feel much better than you were when you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Scawt View Post
    Uhh.. all i know is
    -Clair de Lune
    -Canon
    -Moonlight Sonata (all 3 movements)
    -Fur Elise
    -Rondo Alla Turka
    -Flight of the Bumblebee
    -Hungarian Rhapsody
    -La Campanella
    And.. thats about it..
    Some of the most famous classical pieces that exist. Great choices but I really think you should try listening to some Chopin

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    If you like piano music, then I highly recommend checking out Lionel Yu/Musicalbasics.

He makes some fantastic original compositions, here's an example y'all should check out:
    Yeah I’ve seen some of his videos, great stuff. I really like how he actually puts in the effort to make a proper remix of a song and also learn to play it nicely.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    Yeah there’s something about that era that I really love. I guess it’s just that the songs are very emotional. And yes I also want to try and play Liszt. I started playing piano about a year ago and immediately began practicing Chopin’s op9 no2 which is a really high goal for someone who never really played piano. I’m planning on following those footsteps and try to learn the 3rd liebestraum (lol) Problem is that I can’t read sheet music which I believe is really important for good progress (?) Should I rather focus on learning how to read sheet music than actually play?

I’m also self taught but only started about a year ago. I really like it because the progress is very visible. After trying to learn a piece for a while, you feel much better than you were when you started.
    Yeah, I think being able to read sheet music is incredibly important. Even thought “self-taught” pianists are becoming more and more prevalent, the lack of musicianship skills really shows when trying to learn a new piece. Becoming entirely dependent on Synthesia tutorials really limits one to learning piece by piece instead of learning the skills to be able to tackle anything.

For example, I wanted to learn a piece that was arguably more difficult than my skill set at the time permitted, but I was able to break down the bass patterns by recognizing inverted chords and multi-octave arpeggios. It is a lot easier to learn a C minor arpeggio using scale degrees than remembering that the order of notes is C-G-C-Eb-G-C (because, as you know, it can get way crazier than that). Not to mention sheet music is the language of music, so not being able to read it at all (I say at all because I am a slow reader myself, but still am able to read nonetheless) would be difficult to communicate ideas with other musicians if you would need help or something.

TL;DR: being “self-taught” should include music theory and basic musicianship skills such as reading sheet music.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

Whatever timeline I am living in, I want out.

Contact Info:

Prelude in E minor, Ballade in G minor, you indeed are a man of quality.
    Chopin's first ballade is my favourite piece in all of the classical piano music, I also enjoy the work of Beethoven, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, and many other composers.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chemmie #7714