Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALTHEROS

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Wow.

I’m just asking for genuine suggestions/help. If you have nothing else to say about my world, keep your comments shut! Clearly, you didn’t come here to suggest or criticise anything in my world. You came here to lecture me.

Yes, I will admit that my middle comments may seem arrogant to many, but that wasn’t my main point. I was trying to say that the recent WOTD picks are rather questionable. For example, why aren’t Blarney themed worlds yet being picked? It’s St. Patrick’s Week after all. Just like during Halloween/Valentines. It’s a bit weird, don’t you think?

I also felt it highly rude that you’d come here to say this “ give others a chance too man. “ - that’s crap
    Even if I placed top 1-3 with this world, it shouldn’t mean that I can’t ever win WOTD. Because, that’s unfair.
    Who are you to talk about chances when you are saying unfair things to me? You seriously offended me with those remarks of yours. If you have remarks about my placing, do it somewhere else! But never should you ever dare to do this in my thread where I can see it!

“ isn’t that enough for you “ - then stop posting WOTD entries if it’s enough for you. How dare you! Building is a passion of mine. If I want to submit my world for WOTD, then let me be! How dare you try to question my decisions........ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

—- please post things about/ directing to the world ( not about me ) —-
    It was none of my intention to cause a fight between us, I just freely expressed my opinion regarding to it. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly very sorry for my actions that made you feel offended.

I did not try to question your decisions... not at all, yes I am a builder myself too - we both have the same passion but yet I feel like my submissions were never near enough to our great builders but yet I strive as hard as you guys.

If you want a suggestion/help, you really don't have to change or add much. The potential is there to win it already - if there is to be added or changed. I myself have played your world already with a couple of my friends, and yes I admit that your world was really worth a win in the contest - prior to that maybe you did not win "yet" is because you did not post it on the exact thread? I don't know.

Again, I am very sorry.
    A demon never hides - therefore lurking in the beneath of the abyss, now bow down you puny little mortals!

IGN: Zytran
    World: ZYTRAN
    Instagram: @zytran_gt

Criticises a bit-
    Recieves an essay
    :0
    IGN: HaxFrNubz

Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    I wish i could go back in time with a time machine ......

Quote Originally Posted by TonyChase View Post
    It was none of my intention to cause a fight between us, I just freely expressed my opinion regarding to it. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly very sorry for my actions that made you feel offended.

I did not try to question your decisions... not at all, yes I am a builder myself too - we both have the same passion but yet I feel like my submissions were never near enough to our great builders but yet I strive as hard as you guys.

If you want a suggestion/help, you really don't have to change or add much. The potential is there to win it already - if there is to be added or changed. I myself have played your world already with a couple of my friends, and yes I admit that your world was really worth a win in the contest - prior to that maybe you did not win "yet" is because you did not post it on the exact thread? I don't know.

Again, I am very sorry.
    S P E E C H 1 0 0abcno
    Retired poster

Attachment 232717

This is my world, ALTHEROS. I’m showcasing it. Duh.

Anyways, I’m open to suggestions/criticisms.

Also, I’m a bit bothered at how I’m not winning a WOTD with this. There might be a problem with my world, but what?

Also, there’s a second world so don’t base your judgements mainly on the render.
    What has gotten into so many builders lately? I feel like everyone has changed, you guys aren't the same anymore.. Especially a specific someone but I won't call out anyone. Anyways, the world- it's too empty, the sky needs more work. You can't expect to win WOTD just because you won the contest. Gosh- the arrogance. Have a great day nonetheless.

Sincerely, NekoWolf
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    i like dragons they're cool

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    What has gotten into so many builders lately? I feel like everyone has changed, you guys aren't the same anymore.. Especially a specific someone but I won't call out anyone. Anyways, the world- it's too empty, the sky needs more work. You can't expect to win WOTD just because you won the contest. Gosh- the arrogance. Have a great day nonetheless.

Sincerely, NekoWolf
    I'd say it's a combination of low standards and the inflation of trophy prices. These days, building isn't so much about passion as it was before, and instead builders focus on turning a quick profit with the now-expensive trophies.

Unfortunately, these days the standards for WOTD are so low that they can expect to win WOTD because practically anything goes at this point. This in turn sets a bad example which just promotes further lazy builds, and the cycle continues.

It's sad, really, but it's the way things have been for years by now and it's only gonna keep getting worse. This is exactly the reason they should change the system to something less frequent, perhaps a World of the Week instead, there's just no way they can pick quality worlds every single day, nor can enough quality worlds be made in such short time.
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Sincerely, NekoWolf
    I’m not bringing up any contest when I started this thread, did I?

FYI, I’m also questioning myself. How is that being arrogant when I know I have flaws? I’m here to ask help, can’t you see that? Please keep your comments about me private if it’s just going to hurt.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

I’m not bringing up any contest when I started this thread, did I?

FYI, I’m also questioning myself. How is that being arrogant when I know I have flaws? I’m here to ask help, can’t you see that? Please keep your comments about me private if it’s just going to hurt.
    >asks for constructive criticism
    >gets desired constructive criticism
    >"please keep your comments private if it's going to hurt"

???
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post

???
    About the world?

I just felt that the “ Gosh-the arrogance “ part was unnecessary. It felt personal. You probably think that I’m overreacting because I might actually be. I agree. It’s just that having negative things being piled up on me is just frustrating. I’m clearly just asking for suggestions/criticisms on my world. Not on me or anyone else irrelevant to the topic. I felt that the thread has gone quite out of hand. And I’m here just feeling sorry because I feel so dumb. I’m so dumb for tolerating things like this. But, I can’t hide it so I burst out like just now. And, I’m saying such things. People change in different times.

I don’t know what to say or how to say things because my motivation to do things are always hindered by negative thoughts/remarks. I don’t know...okay...hopefully this doesn’t make you label me as a person...

But whatever...I feel extremely down now...I wished it would end so...ya...I Guess it’s my fault is that it? I don’t know man, I wished people would just be nicer and stuff and understand that I feel bad...but whatever...it’s my fault for creating this thread I Guess...

I just felt down...I don’t make sense...Even if I asked for all this to stop, I Guess I’ll be hurt in the end...ya I don’t make sense sry
    Last edited by Kyeosi; 03-17-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

This is exactly the reason they should change the system to something less frequent, perhaps a World of the Week instead
    +1

This would also give them time to actually playtest the worlds.

Signature v9.2

Art by Intensifies (thank you!)
    https://i.postimg.cc/NjzM0nBP/20200311-223919.png
    Previous sigpic by Parpul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

You already won the contest and placed within the Top 1-3, is that still not enough for you? I mean like, give others the chance too man.

Lastly, all worlds are good - do not say that your world is sometimes better than those who won, we all poured out the same effort in building.

Sincerely, NekoWolf
    I don't understand what is wrong with both of you.

"Give others the chance too man"
    This is absolutely ridiculous to say especially when the builder themselves acknowledges that their world is not sufficient enough to win, EVEN if it was, this is your problems, not theirs, get to build better worlds.

Sure, building a world doesn't necessarily mean you have to submit for WOTD but nonetheless it's there and it's one way to motivate people to build?? Why does it even matter that a world shouldn't get both awards?

It is whoever decides to pick worlds to give as much as attention a world needs or should have in their opinion and there's nothing wrong with that if the world's good enough - OP was merely asking for opinions in regards of what could make this world get picked compared to others, by asking for suggestions..

???
    Complaining about somebody submitting a WOTD entry is constructive criticism to you?
    Because I don't see OP complaining towards people who did nothing but actually provide insight regarding the world.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Default Enough.

ALTHEROS is an absolutely nice world. I love it! I have played through it, I love how you used the blocks to create buildings, beautiful trees, and stunning landscape. I am still a new builder myself, I still look up to you as a builder. The story, play style in ALTHEROS amazed me. Each story, outcome, it made surprised how someone could go so far. You're doing great.

However, some of these comments are quite rude.

You already won the contest and placed within the Top 1-3, is that still not enough for you? I mean like, give others the chance too man.

Lastly, all worlds are good - do not say that your world is sometimes better than those who won, we all poured out the same effort in building.
    Good job on winning the contest and placing within 1-3. Keyosi, you did great, continue to strive, continue to build, and continue to reach 1-3. I constantly do it, I've entered 4 contests, Halloween, where I did not place at all. Instead of complaining over the same winners, I look at how I built, and tried to improve. I have cried multiple times because I kept messing up, but in the end, I have won Black Friday, Winterfest, and Valentines placing 1-3. I am happy, however, I am not satisfied with how I built. All your worlds are beautiful, and your worlds ARE better than those who placed below you. Do NOT be afraid to say so. People have poured in effort building, some more than others, but it is not enough. There is ALWAYS more effort to improve in. People need to realize that putting the same, certain amount of effort is good enough for all their worlds. PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN THAT SOMETIMES THINGS NEED TO CHANGE IN THEIR BUILDING STYLE. I will never ever stop repeating that.

Sincerely, NekoWolf
    Stop being a mini-mod for once. Nothing has gotten into builders, this world does deserve WOTD. People that have actually played through it, it is absolutely worthy. It is worthy of contest winner, and WOTD winner. Not everything needs to be filled for the render, it just looks so clumpy. This world is one of them. Putting more into the sky, what difference is that going to make? They won't be able to jump on wow, spike clouds, same jumping parkour. The world is filled as it is, and content is the best in this world. Kyeosi managed to put effort for both building and content, yet you people still don't realize that render is not everything. It looks cool on render, but how basic is the parkour? How basic is the content? Is it being overused over and over, are they trying to change themselves every time?

???
    Both your girlfriend and your constructive criticism are absolute useless if you only looked at render and have not even given the world a chance. You didn't even give criticism about the world, but rather about how Kyeosi,(or any builder), believes how their world should deserve WOTD. You're just following your girlfriend on this.
    Last edited by xMera; 03-18-2020 at 05:10 AM.
    Learn to love yourself, before you love others.
    Instagram: @gt.mera

This has been said before I think but putting clouds or other things in the sky just to “fill it up” ruins the charm/simplicity of the world. The content is there, so there’s no need to add filler.
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie
    pfp by NekoWolf