Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALTHEROS

Just played through the world, I don't see any issues. I honestly reckon it's purely cause the world is heavily Halloween-themed, you'd have a far greater chance of winning WOTD closer to Halloween.

On the contrary to some opinions, I don't think there's too much empty space, the amount of time it takes to read everything combined with the moderate difficulty of the parkour make for a decent-length factual adventure. I think overcrowding the world with clouds or something else in the sky would ruin the charm and design.

Forgot to mention, ALTHEROS isn't the entire story, see:ALTHERUS, I think a lot of comments are failing to recognise that.
    Last edited by Oldsock (IGN); 03-18-2020 at 03:46 PM.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Here's what I thought of the world:

You enter the world, and read a bulletin board to know the story. Pretty standard stuff.
    Next you have to hop down to keep reading the story, though it took me a moment before I realized I was actually going the wrong way, by jumping up here:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 89
Size:  143.6 KB
    I think you should somehow block off that gap, so people know where to go.

You do some reading and walking, no major obstacles.
    Then you're at this part where you need wings to continue, idk if it was intentional or not but yeah gets rid of the single jumpers.
    Name:  capture 2.PNG
Views: 88
Size:  57.7 KB

Not long after that you find out that the main world is there for only for aesthetical purposes, the actual gameplay takes place in a whole different world. I actually quite liked that! You get to know the environment of the story without having to jump over spikes constantly.

Once you've entered the other world, you're faced with a tricky puzzle-ish obstacle. Pretty much just going back and forth with grabbing a torch and lighting an Adventure Brazier with it to collect letters.
    I thought this part was a wee bit boring, but not too much.

This part made me mad, though. That jump was annoying:
    Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 85
Size:  32.8 KB

Once you're done collecting the letters, you're asked to do some more parkour. Fine by me, that's what I'm here for.
    When you've finished the world, you're taken back to the original world, where you're given a VIP password that doesn't work.

Overall I'd rate the whole thing 9/10. I really enjoyed the whole journey, and the story was nice. I can see you put a ton of effort into building this, and it paid off. Well done!

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people here have said that the world has too much empty space, which I honestly disagree with.

Yes, the render looks a bit empty, but why judge a world based on the render, anyway?
    If you'd taken the time to actually play the world, you'd realize that it doesn't quite matter. The main world is only there to paint a picture of the environment the story takes place in. And as Oldsock already mentioned, filling the world with clouds would ruin it.

The world(s) was really enjoyable, at least I thought so. You don't notice the emptiness in the world, you're focused on the story.

From this point I want to continue to another.

One thing that's annoyed me for a while now, is how people judge worlds. Hardly anyone takes the time to check out the world in-game. People miss the most important part of a world - the gameplay.
    Simplicity isn't always bad.

Not every world has to be filled to the brim with blocks. In this world, for instance, the emptiness of this world gives off the feeling that the area is somewhat abandoned, which supports the story well.

One last thing; I really like the house.

Contact Me:

Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Attachment 232717

This is my world, ALTHEROS. I’m showcasing it. Duh.

Anyways, I’m open to suggestions/criticisms about the world.

Also, I’m a bit bothered at how I’m not winning a WOTD with this. There might be a problem with my world, but what?

Also, there’s a second world so don’t base your judgements mainly on the render.
    I think the trees and the ground need a lil bit more detail and the mansion castle thingy
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Floydz0
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    Here's what I thought of the world:

You enter the world, and read a bulletin board to know the story. Pretty standard stuff.
    Next you have to hop down to keep reading the story, though it took me a moment before I realized I was actually going the wrong way, by jumping up here:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 89
Size:  143.6 KB
    I think you should somehow block off that gap, so people know where to go.

You do some reading and walking, no major obstacles.
    Then you're at this part where you need wings to continue, idk if it was intentional or not but yeah gets rid of the single jumpers.
    Name:  capture 2.PNG
Views: 88
Size:  57.7 KB

Not long after that you find out that the main world is there for only for aesthetical purposes, the actual gameplay takes place in a whole different world. I actually quite liked that! You get to know the environment of the story without having to jump over spikes constantly.

Once you've entered the other world, you're faced with a tricky puzzle-ish obstacle. Pretty much just going back and forth with grabbing a torch and lighting an Adventure Brazier with it to collect letters.
    I thought this part was a wee bit boring, but not too much.

This part made me mad, though. That jump was annoying:
    Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 85
Size:  32.8 KB

Once you're done collecting the letters, you're asked to do some more parkour. Fine by me, that's what I'm here for.
    When you've finished the world, you're taken back to the original world, where you're given a VIP password that doesn't work.

Overall I'd rate the whole thing 9/10. I really enjoyed the whole journey, and the story was nice. I can see you put a ton of effort into building this, and it paid off. Well done!

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people here have said that the world has too much empty space, which I honestly disagree with.

Yes, the render looks a bit empty, but why judge a world based on the render, anyway?
    If you'd taken the time to actually play the world, you'd realize that it doesn't quite matter. The main world is only there to paint a picture of the environment the story takes place in. And as Oldsock already mentioned, filling the world with clouds would ruin it.

The world(s) was really enjoyable, at least I thought so. You don't notice the emptiness in the world, you're focused on the story.

From this point I want to continue to another.

One thing that's annoyed me for a while now, is how people judge worlds. Hardly anyone takes the time to check out the world in-game. People miss the most important part of a world - the gameplay.
    Simplicity isn't always bad.

Not every world has to be filled to the brim with blocks. In this world, for instance, the emptiness of this world gives off the feeling that the area is somewhat abandoned, which supports the story well.

One last thing; I really like the house.
    Thank you so so much for giving me an insight on what players would think about my world. This is by far the most detailed evaluation given to me about my world by someone. I’m truly amazed that you’d come to my world just to give proper suggestions.

I’ve taken your suggestions into consideration. By the way, the thing that you assumed as a VIP Door password was not a password, it was an ID. It’s a door ID, not a password. The password door was meant for the other part of adventure.

Again, I thank you so much for dedicating your time to send me this post and trying my world out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecrivain View Post
    I think the trees and the ground need a lil bit more detail and the mansion castle thingy
    Actually, this is something I’ve neglected. Thank you for reminding me! This is actually a very good comment.

Also I would just like to thank those who purely just came here to suggest/comment on my world. Especially to those who sticked to the topic.
    also thanks mera and tk69 for helping me confront that stressful matter
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Trees look trash get it out of my face please!

Quote Originally Posted by IlIllIIlllllIllllIIlIllIl View Post
    Trees look trash get it out of my face please!
    Any suggestions?

Actually, maybe I should make the world more autumn themed. But, the grass has to be altered...
    Ngl, they do look weird. The main reason I used pumpkin was just for the + points for the contest.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Any suggestions?

Actually, maybe I should make the world more autumn themed. But, the grass has to be altered...
    Ngl, they do look weird. The main reason I used pumpkin was just for the + points for the contest.
    If so change pumpkin to winter foliage and hedge please!

Quote Originally Posted by IlIllIIlllllIllllIIlIllIl View Post
    If so change pumpkin to winter foliage and hedge please!
    Maam is this mr.Largelock?

Cover is not the book
    So open it up and take a look
    'Cause under the covers one discovers
    That the king may be a crook

For a cover is nice
    But a cover is not the book

Weirdest arguments in this thread that I've ever seen in 2020.
    Name:  download.png
Views: 42
Size:  103.2 KB
    Not taking any sides in this thread
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by UkyoKuonji View Post
    Maam is this mr.Largelock?
    Yes, Mr. Giantlock is ban evading again
    IGN: BtsofHermes
    IG: @btsofhermes (Banned) @btsofhermes.alt
    Discord: @BtsofHermes#5606