Thread: Got hacked what to do

Default Got hacked what to do

Today I was hacked the hacker somehow got through my AAP and stole wls and gems , Is there any chance I can recover or catch the hacker?

I don't think there is anyway to catch the hacker, but you can contact support and since you had AAP enabled you'd be able to get your items back. (Possibly your gems too.)
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

Well first of all there's something to learn out of this; never ever download anything that is related to growtopia other than the installer itself.
    Now, there isn't much to do. Support could maybe ban the account that holds your worlds now but that's pretty much it.
    As for your items, there is sadly no possibility to retrieve what you lost. The responsibility is kind of yours, no one gets hacked ''just like that''.
    I know, it sucks, but sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxel_Z View Post
    Well first of all there's something to learn out of this; never ever download anything that is related to growtopia other than the installer itself.
    Now, there isn't much to do. Support could maybe ban the account that holds your worlds now but that's pretty much it.
    As for your items, there is sadly no possibility to retrieve what you lost. The responsibility is kind of yours, no one gets hacked ''just like that''.
    I know, it sucks, but sometimes we have to learn the hard way.
    Actually, the past things have now passed away and now the new things hold in their place. There is a possibility for you to get your items back if you had your AAP active. You need to contact support team and follow whatever they say. If it is truly the games fault for not keeping your account safe, they will restore it no doubt but if you are the one responsible for it then your account items are lost for eternity.

These things are called special-cases
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    Actually, the past things have now passed away and now the new things hold in their place. There is a possibility for you to get your items back if you had your AAP active. You need to contact support team and follow whatever they say. If it is truly the games fault for not keeping your account safe, they will restore it no doubt but if you are the one responsible for it then your account items are lost for eternity.

These things are called special-cases
    I don't think that support ever agreed to give items back to players besides when the actual database was hacked. If the player downloaded a third party application, it is solely his responsibility. Yet, support can't deliberate between who truly got hacked and who downloaded a malware.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxel_Z View Post
    I don't think that support ever agreed to give items back to players besides when the actual database was hacked. If the player downloaded a third party application, it is solely his responsibility. Yet, support can't deliberate between who truly got hacked and who downloaded a malware.
    Why don't you go ahead and ask the support team or ask NekoRei herself because she is the one that said it, many others said it too.
    Believe it or not, I don't know how the support works around these special cases but if you ask any moderator or any admin around here, They will say in special cases they will return it. Talk about it with NekoRei because, in one of the threads, she responded with a clear picture of how they deal with these special cases. Or ask any moderator, if that can ease your belief.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by Vapshie View Post
    Today I was hacked the hacker somehow got through my AAP and stole wls and gems , Is there any chance I can recover or catch the hacker?
    If you have your AAP enabled, you may contact support and they can give you your items back. However, this should be a reminder to always secure your accounts with a strong password and increase your password's security on your email as well.
    Instagram: @gatello.gt
    Discord: Gatello#3430
    Click here for a guide to contacting Growtopia's customer support
    Click here for support's link