Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Again and again. Legal brief duplication

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    It's almost impossible to discuss the fairness of player bans. How can I decide if a ban is fair or not without access to all the information? Ubisoft/Mods keeps that information confidential. We as players will never have all the facts concerning why a person received a punishment.

All I know is from my experience that it isn't difficult to play the game under the current rules and avoid getting any punishments completely.

I can't assume Ubisoft/mods are perfect and can't make mistakes. I can't assume that a person getting banned was because that the one time they broke a rule in thier squeaky clean existence they got caught.
    It may be confidential but what's wrong in my opinion is giving out punishments which what THEY think is just right. (e.g.: 60 days, 730 days, permanent)

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    It may be confidential but what's wrong in my opinion is giving out punishments which what THEY think is just right. (e.g.: 60 days, 730 days, permanent)
    I will say this much and I am speaking hypothetically. I would argue that the severity of the punishment should fit the severity of the crime. You wouldn't want to see somebody get the death penalty for a petty crime like shop lifting.

I would say a person who made the mistake of testing a glitch out of to much curiosity is different than a person who abuses the same glitch frequently. I would say there is also a difference between a new player and a veteran player as far as game/rules knowledge as well.

It could be that Ubisoft Authority doesn't take the time due to heavy workload to sort out these differences and just applies one simple solution to a variety of problems.

The reality is that we can never really know because they won't give that information and no player can provide 100% evidence of any story they tell unless they actually recorded every game session they ever played.

Our team is already investigating what's causing this issue and should be coming up with a fix soon.

As for the bans, rest assured that we won't issue a severe punishment to the players exploiting this glitch. We want to be fair too so we're looking into a more appropriate one.

I shall update everyone on the progress.

If I rob someone, I get punished. The fact that the government does not make robbery impossible does not mean that I can not be punished for robbery.

Similarly, it does not matter whether or not the developers have patched a gltch. You abuse it, you get punished; it is that simple.
    IGN : Oakum
    Instagram: @oakum.gt
    Discord: OAKUM#0832

Quote Originally Posted by Oakum View Post
    If I rob someone, I get punished. The fact that the government does not make robbery impossible does not mean that I can not be punished for robbery.

Similarly, it does not matter whether or not the developers have patched a gltch. You abuse it, you get punished; it is that simple.
    Well said!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I will say this much and I am speaking hypothetically. I would argue that the severity of the punishment should fit the severity of the crime. You wouldn't want to see somebody get the death penalty for a petty crime like shop lifting.

I would say a person who made the mistake of testing a glitch out of to much curiosity is different than a person who abuses the same glitch frequently. I would say there is also a difference between a new player and a veteran player as far as game/rules knowledge as well.

It could be that Ubisoft Authority doesn't take the time due to heavy workload to sort out these differences and just applies one simple solution to a variety of problems.

The reality is that we can never really know because they won't give that information and no player can provide 100% evidence of any story they tell unless they actually recorded every game session they ever played.
    okokokokokokokokookok

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Our team is already investigating what's causing this issue and should be coming up with a fix soon.

As for the bans, rest assured that we won't issue a severe punishment to the players exploiting this glitch. We want to be fair too so we're looking into a more appropriate one.

He clearly knew it was illegal and abusing it could have consequence. He isn't the first to get banned to this so giving a less severe punishment is not needed. A dupe is a dupe, doesn't make it okay just because it hasn't been fixed.
    GrowID: Prizam
    Instagram: @PrizamGT
    Started Growtopia on July 3, 2016
    Earned Legendary Title on Feb 11, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Prizam View Post
    He clearly knew it was illegal and abusing it could have consequence. He isn't the first to get banned to this so giving a less severe punishment is not needed. A dupe is a dupe, doesn't make it okay just because it hasn't been fixed.

Could not agree to this more, he has always been a known scammer and glitch user and doesn´t ever seem to be banned for it, same goes for multiple others who will not get banned only because they´re famous.

Pretty corrupt stuff.
    IGN: ILimeGreen

I LOVE AMANDA SO MUCHHH THANK YOU BABY you make me so so happy

Lesser Knight

I agree, everyone who abused the legal dupe glitch should be suspended. They clearly knew what they were doing and there's no excuse. There wasn't a ban reduction before for previous abusers of this legal glitch; why would there be now? By doing so, you are being unfair to those previously banned and displaying how inconsistent Ubisoft really is with their actions.

I have to change my mind after watching Jamew7's video. He said in their conversation with Jamew7 that he "thought" that duplicating legal briefs is legal since it hasn't been fixed for years. That brings me to the thought of, "so many this guy's an abuser for years already". I do think he deserves a severe punishment for abusing the glitch for possibly years already.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Hey, please don't individually call out players, as it's against the rules here on the forums.
    Well just to be more clear and specific. It's also could give you guys a example. As I said. Player always have the reason to prevent their fault. And the reason is quite accepetable since the glitch isn't fix for a long time.

And again, I don't support Peinture. I'm not on anyone side. Just wanted this glitch is fix ASAP by the developer so no more player taking down.

"If glitch isn't exist, player won't do so"
    Thankyou.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post

Thank you for reading and working with effort.

I had read all the reply and seems like you guys only focus on the ban not the GLITCH or the main problem lmfao. Tbh the player and the developer should work together.

Well, the exact problem is a glitch exist but no player trying to report it and he/she knows that exploiting it will cause a perma ban. So guys, please if you found any glitch, just report it and don't use it for own benefit.

Thankyou!

Just to update you all, the Legal Briefs should now be fixed. Let us know if you still encounter this bug. Thanks.
    Instagram: @gatello.gt
    Discord: Gatello#3430
    Click here for a guide to contacting Growtopia's customer support
    Click here for support's link