Thread: It’s been a long time coming... Here’s my official farewell.

Default It’s been a long time coming... Here’s my official farewell.

3160.92 hours. 1926 days. That is the amount of time I have spent playing Growtopia. And let me tell you, I would never even think about trading any of those precious seconds or taking them back, because all those seconds, all those minutes, all those hours, all those days, and all those months, were simply priceless. I never thought it was possible to become so invested in a virtual game, but then I stumbled upon Growtopia. And it was that very day that my life changed forever. It took me a while to discover how incredible this game was, but once I did, I was hooked. And not just because of the concept of the game, which is brilliant in itself, may I include - but for the lessons I learned about life in general, and for the many friendships that I forged and continue to cherish to this day. I’ll be discussing some of those friendships later on in this farewell speech. Yes, you heard that right. While many of you who knew me, Lewius, or Josh for those of you a bit closer, this will come as no great surprise. I apologize for my abrupt departure that some of you might have experienced, but life has a tendency to interfere with the things you are most passionate about. Growtopia, for me, just so happens to be something that holds a very special place in my heart. In fact, it always will. As I’m writing this, I’m starting to tear up a bit. As cheesy as that may sound, it is a true testament to just how connected I was to this incredible, one-of-a-kind society. I can only hope and pray that it stays this way so that others can experience what I have, and achieve their dreams and meet new friends. When I first started, I never imagined that I could win a “World of the Day” or earn my first Diamond Lock. With the help of my friends, little by little, I got closer and closer to reaching those goals. As I look back on my journey throughout Growtopia, I still cannot fathom how I not only met those goals... I obliterated them. All of this, though, could not have been possible without my closest friends - whose endless support and unconditional love inspired me to always work to fulfill my potential. It also could not have been possible without my constant failures, setbacks, and enemies. Without these, I would not have learned the lessons I learned, or achieved what I have achieved. I’d like to take this time to single out the people who had the greatest impact on my time in Growtopia. Without further ado, here they are...

1.) Metalwire

Ah, Metalwire. Where would I have been without you? I have never met someone with so much knowledge and wisdom for their age. What impressed me the most, however, was your ability to lend a helping hand at all times. Your kindness, your compassion, motivated me and taught me that love is the most powerful thing in the world. And by you giving your love to me, my life has been forever changed for the better. I’m honored to have shared my illustrious journey in Growtopia with you. I could not have been more lucky. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

2.) Yolkieus

Sean, where do I even begin? I can always count on you to put a smile on my face or make me laugh even when I am having the worst of days. That is a talent that not many people have. I am so glad our friendship grew outside of Growtopia, too. We’ve been through so much together, and that has strengthened our friendship even more. Thank you, bro.

3.) BrayBrick225

At first, Bray, your influence on me wasn’t during our friendship. Instead, it was through your creativity. You inspired me to build. You were somebody that I always looked up to and tried to emulate. Looking back, I have noticed that I have ultimately failed... Quite miserably as well. But I just wanted to let you know that you were the reason that I started building worlds and expressing myself through blocks. I owe every one of my trophies to you. However, getting to know you on a personal level inspired me even more. It always amazed me how, no matter what I did, you were always there for me. You never judged me, never backed out, never lost respect for me. I may have never told you this, but that was something that certainly didn’t go unnoticed. Thank you so much, Bray.

4.) ShadowSURFER

Being the annoying fanboy that I once was, I reached out to ShadowSURFER trying to get him to respond but not really expecting a reply. To my amazement, he responded. From there, we became friends. Not exactly “super close,” but friends nonetheless. Griffin, I appreciated how reliable and kind you were, even if I was probably annoying at times. Your attitude and leadership was something that not even other moderators had. And to think that you have all of these qualities at such a young age speaks volumes about how far you’ll go in life. Thank you for opening up your heart to me.

5.) Anton0202

Just like Bray, your creativity caught my eye immediately, which is what pushed me to get to know you. And thank God, I did. Throughout the years, our friendship has only grown and I can always go to you if I have any questions, or if I want to discuss something serious or personal, and you’d always listen to me. You were also one of the only people whom I could fully trust. Given what I had been through in Growtopia, that just exemplifies how much of a true friend you are. Thank you so much for being an outstanding friend, and person. I’ll miss you deeply Anton.

For those of you who I did not mention, don’t feel ashamed. I just didn’t have enough in me to write a paragraph for every single one of my amazing friends. I just wanted to let you know, though, that I love each and every one of you.

So yeah, that concludes it. I’ll still be around every now and then, but for the most part, I’ll be doing my thing. From now until the end of time, I’ll wear the word “Growtopian” on my chest proudly. There is a sense of immense pride that comes with being a Growtopian. I hope that all of you will unlock that special feeling as you continue to punch, build, and grow throughout your own unique journeys. Thank you!

Logging off,
    Lewius/Josh289/Josh
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

i rarely see you or metal or yolkie online. i missed you guys

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

I've read the whole thread and it made me feel sad, and that's unfortunate to lose you, because you seem to be a cool & amiable person.

Goodbye! I hope you'll have fun outside Growtopia and good luck to whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Sad to see you go, finally. You really went through a journey since your first WOTD and don’t you have more WOTDS than me at this point?! You went through a lot of bad things in the game, but even hardships can be good for someone. Learn from your experience in the game, because it’s strange to say it but: Growtopia resembles real life much more than one might think. Take care my guy, I know you’ll do good!
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Josh, you're my best friend. This is coming from the bottom of my heart because you've done so much for me and you've helped me grow as a person. I wish I could have played more but college really got the best of me, especially now since we transitioned to online classes. That's not the point though. The point being you taught me a lot, you stood by my side when nobody else would. You believed in my dreams ever since we first met because you knew how genuine I was and how our friendship was. I believed in your worlds and I knew you were the best out of the best at making worlds because of how they were built.

Now, there are mistakes that we make as individuals, or say things that we do regret saying to other people and I've experienced through that and I know you have to, mostly because you tell me or other people tell me but I stood by your side regardless because I know you're not someone with bad intentions you just wanted to show your creativity to the world. You worried to much about the financial side of things that it affected you. You are an amazing person and I believe in that, after the incident with Kristin you told me that it wasn't my fault that it would have happen regardless. You took my side without hesitation and you even reached out to her to keep me updated on her condition.

From my heart, I learned that my friends became more important to me as much as the game was I never had as much fun by myself as I would with my best friends. I never became the moderator I've could have been because I was never chosen to and my ultimate goal was to stay to help people, but even if I didn't get that chance I still had the opportunity to help you out and help so many others because that's who I am as a person and that's who I'll continue to be, because of people like you, people who believe in me and trust that I'll do everything for the better. thank you so much for these memories and I hope we can catch up soon, love you bro, stay safe as a final goodbye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    I wish I could, school got the best of me and I had to many responsibilities so I rarely had time for myself :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    Sad to see you go, finally. You really went through a journey since your first WOTD and don’t you have more WOTDS than me at this point?! You went through a lot of bad things in the game, but even hardships can be good for someone. Learn from your experience in the game, because it’s strange to say it but: Growtopia resembles real life much more than one might think. Take care my guy, I know you’ll do good!
    It does and that's the good thing about it, even if you do see people with so many good items you really take away the fact that you've created so many good connections with people that it becomes a part of your life. You start to experience the game with a very welcoming community, and you end up being an inspiration for so many people, you and many other world builders are the reason this game became more than what is now.
    Any Questions or concerns regarding the forums or in game, feel free to hit me up an inbox.
    To contact support email at support@growtopiagame.com
    Follow my instagram at https://www.instagram.com/metalwire_gt/
    Stay safe, love you
    *credits to Ambiguister for making my Avatar.

ShadowSURFER’s name is Griffin?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    Sorry I’m so late with the reply. But yeah, I never thought I’d outgrow this game. To be fair, I haven’t really. I’ve just been too caught up in life and I also have a really hard time playing Growtopia on the iPhone 11. The touchscreen home button really makes it hard to play.

I’m considering making one last world, and if I enjoy it, I’ll decide whether or not I stay. I’ll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    I've read the whole thread and it made me feel sad, and that's unfortunate to lose you, because you seem to be a cool & amiable person.

Goodbye! I hope you'll have fun outside Growtopia and good luck to whatever you're trying to accomplish.
    Thank you so much, TurtlePirate. I really wish I had gotten to know you better, because I always saw you as such a genuine, knowledgeable person. I’m still contemplating a potential return but that is still to be decided. If this is the end of the road, though, I wish you luck and success in wherever life takes you as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m equally as sad to be leaving behind such a great friend like you, too. I may have more WOTDS but quantity isn’t always greater than quality. I think we all know that you’re the superior builder. Anyway, I appreciate everything you’ve done for me. You were right there when I needed you, and you were my biggest support when I had lost everything. Luckily, with your guidance, I was able to turn that setback into a learning experience and build from the ashes. None of that would have been possible if it wasn’t for you.

I’ve been thinking about having one last stab at creating a world, and if I rediscover my passion for the game, I might not quit after all. I’m still deciding...
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

It is pretty sad to see you go because you are a genuine person and you are sincere on what you have said on this thread. You are one of my inspirations when building a world as your stunning skill captures my eye.

But I wish you the best on your future endeavors. Farewell and good luck.
    Hello there, enjoy your day.

Farewell. At one point, I believe we shared mutual friends (or were friends directly). It would sound insultingly dismissive to just say goodbye; I am sure the community has appreciated your contributions over the course of many years. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

Whatever timeline I am living in, I want out.

Contact Info:

I swear GT truly holds a place in your heart especially if you've played for many years.
    Always Remember Hardwork Pays Off
    Knowledge Is Power 9.24

I never met you, but you seem like an amazing person. Good luck with your future!!

- - - Updated - - -

Learn from your experience in the game, because it’s strange to say it but: Growtopia resembles real life much more than one might think.
    I cannot begin to even express just how true this is.
    Sub to my youtube channel here! Means a lot!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC08...PiIyg/featured

IGN - Jake645

Level: LV. 53

(Received LV. 50 on November 5th, 2016)

GOALS

Own GROW and make it famous again - Own it, and have gotten honors several times

Get something good in surgery - Gotten one med scarf on an alternate account

Get as many rollback plaques as possible (Collecting beginning 8/10/17) - Currently own 383

Last updated: September 3rd, 2017

Lesser Knight

Too bad we never got to meet in-game, perhaps we can become friends if you decide to make a return. Anyways, thank you for sharing your wonderful journey and I wish you the best of luck!