Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 19 of 19

Thread: Spammers should be the mods top priority.

  1. #13
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Place Far Away Manila
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Well, we do ban the spammers and we implemented some measures to lessen the spammers (which did dramatically). These spammers keep coming back no matter how actively ban them. However, our team is finding more efficient ways to combat these spammers.
    *Ahem pressing the nuke button on a world?*
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 56/125
    Sell Some STUFF IN OQ60

    Current Goals
    Get WOTD Once! ( seriously ) --Never Lucky-- -
    Get atleast to 50 Gtokens - 33/50
    Have atleast a UT -

  2. #14
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Well, we do ban the spammers and we implemented some measures to lessen the spammers (which did dramatically). These spammers keep coming back no matter how actively ban them. However, our team is finding more efficient ways to combat these spammers.
    Going from free to play into payment for making a new account.

    I know that wouldn't ever happen but I bet it would make a huge impact because countless throw away accounts wouldn't be made anymore. I'd feel better knowing they at least paid in and supported the game. At least they would be pitching in to pay staff and buy new servers.

    Would be interesting to see if they want to spam so bad they will pay for it.

  3. #15
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    3,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Well, we do ban the spammers and we implemented some measures to lessen the spammers (which did dramatically). These spammers keep coming back no matter how actively ban them. However, our team is finding more efficient ways to combat these spammers.
    auto breaking keep coming back. how do bfg owner deal with them?

    IGN: R4Z

    vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv


  4. #16
    Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Going from free to play into payment for making a new account.

    I know that wouldn't ever happen but I bet it would make a huge impact because countless throw away accounts wouldn't be made anymore. I'd feel better knowing they at least paid in and supported the game. At least they would be pitching in to pay staff and buy new servers.

    Would be interesting to see if they want to spam so bad they will pay for it.
    This was what Town of Salem did to stop bots from joining games but the problem is that growtopia is an MMO and needs to have lots of players on so unfortunately becoming a premium game wont work.

    Hopefully the issues with spammers/bots will be dealt with soon

  5. #17
    Super Moderator Misthios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Hi, all - as aforementioned mods are actively banning spambots. I try to do at least two-waves a day where I purge all of the top worlds and hotspots for them, but it's never going to stop them coming back. As NekoRei stated, looking at alternative and more permanent solutions is something we're always trying to do, and will continue to until we have a better handle on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    *Ahem pressing the nuke button on a world?*
    We'll only ever nuke worlds if the owner of the world itself is using spambots, otherwise this isn't an option we'll consider. Not now or in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Going from free to play into payment for making a new account. :whistling
    Although the logic is definitely there, it's not viable for a game like Growtopia. Nor would it be something we'd want to force on long-time players because of the actions of the illegal side of the community.

    Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    auto breaking keep coming back. how do bfg owner deal with them?
    As you stated, auto-farmers impact the economy directly and are definitely a huge plague in the game. It's something I personally try to work on in my extra free time. Cutting down on huge and constant issues like this is something that's actively discussed, and will continue to be until ideal solutions are found.

    That being said, if you guys do have any suggestions you think would help combat these (or other) problems then we're always down to listen to and internally discuss them. Though, a lot of the ideas people present often have way too many drawbacks.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  6. #18
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprumble View Post
    This was what Town of Salem did to stop bots from joining games but the problem is that growtopia is an MMO and needs to have lots of players on so unfortunately becoming a premium game wont work.

    Hopefully the issues with spammers/bots will be dealt with soon
    I just wanted to point out that one of the biggest MMO's in the world was subscription based. I know Growtopia wouldn't go premium buy to say a MMO couldn't be successful unless it was free to play isn't 100% true.

    Something like 7mil players in a subscription based MMO making it the largest population in a MMO kinda proves they don't need to be free to play.

  7. #19
    Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I just wanted to point out that one of the biggest MMO's in the world was subscription based. I know Growtopia wouldn't go premium buy to say a MMO couldn't be successful unless it was free to play isn't 100% true.

    Something like 7mil players in a subscription based MMO making it the largest population in a MMO kinda proves they don't need to be free to play.
    Yeah I didn't mean to say that subscription based MMOs can't be successful, but just wanted to say that Growtopia wont be able to get lots of players and a low player base wont be good for the game

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •