Thread: Account hacked......

Default Account hacked......

My account has been hacked, and I have no idea how.

Just to clarify, I've NEVER given my password to anyone, nor have I ever downloaded any growtopia "hacks" and the like.

My in game name is "ctjh" and all my worlds and the like have been locked by a player named "Aphix"

7 years of playing and collecting growtokens, gone down the drain.

Contacted support and didn't receive a reply yet.......

Hopefully something can be done! If my items cannot be retrived, at the very least, would it be too much to ask to either perma ban the player, or perma ban/suspend all IPs that have logged in to my account recently?

Hack occurred last night, about 16 hours ago at the time of writing.

Thanks alot!

Edit: He griefed a friend's world, feel horrible now, please suspend the account!!!
    Mods please do something

Edit 2: He's stolen 20dls worth of tackle boxes from my youtube friend, MODS PLEASE DO SOMETHING
    Last edited by ctjh; 03-25-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Was your password long?
    Have you ever entered your GrowId to an online website?
    removed weird signature
    Please do not use that picture again or I will have to ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    Was your password long?
    Have you ever entered your GrowId to an online website?

No, and No.......

It wasn't "long" But was a mix of numbers so it shouldn't have been guessable unless you brute forced a million combinations

Well there are 3 possibelities how you got hacked.
    1st = You clicked on a wrong links.
    2nd = your password was easy.
    3th = maybe someone close you know your password.
    If you have you Account Protection on then you contact the support and they might return your items.
    Keep note please do not share your password with anyone and do not click on links that you're not aware of. + Singing out Players names = breaking the rule on the forum, just to warn you don't do that again.
    I believe in making the impossible possible, because there's no fun in giving up ❤😉
    I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer everyday ❤🤗

There could be multiple factors that got your own account compromised. Some of these include:

• You visited a malicious site that may have gained information about your account (could be through phishing).
    • Your password contained personal information (i.e. name) that someone who knows you may have guessed.
    • Your password is common or easy to guess, and someone got in.
    • You used your account on another device and someone else gained access to your account this way.
    • You used a similar password to another account that you have online.

There may be more other than those listed, which isn't limited to personal details or what you do online. In cases you still want support to handle your issue, it would be best to contact them directly instead of using the forums.

To check if you have a compromised account in a data breach, visit the site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Best of luck!

Memento mori.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Started playing Growtopia since 2013.
    Voted as the Best Writer for 2016 and 2017.
    Hosted the Forum Awards 2017.
    The leader of the Writers' Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatorss View Post
    Well there are 3 possibelities how you got hacked.
    1st = You clicked on a wrong links.
    2nd = your password was easy.
    3th = maybe someone close you know your password.
    If you have you Account Protection on then you contact the support and they might return your items.
    Keep note please do not share your password with anyone and do not click on links that you're not aware of. + Singing out Players names = breaking the rule on the forum, just to warn you don't do that again.
    Apolagies, I singled out because I wanted to get the guy banned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mettaton View Post
    There could be multiple factors that got your own account compromised. Some of these include:

• You visited a malicious site that may have gained information about your account (could be through phishing).
    • Your password contained personal information (i.e. name) that someone who knows you may have guessed.
    • Your password is common or easy to guess, and someone got in.
    • You used your account on another device and someone else gained access to your account this way.
    • You used a similar password to another account that you have online.

There may be more other than those listed, which isn't limited to personal details or what you do online. In cases you still want support to handle your issue, it would be best to contact them directly instead of using the forums.

To check if you have a compromised account in a data breach, visit the site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Best of luck!
    Thanks! But none of the above is true, not sure how the hacker did it.........

I'm sorry can I bump this? Really want someone who can take action to see this.......

Administrator

Only support can assist with these matters and all tickets are handled in the order they received and in priority.

Make sure that you don't keep responding to the case and have provided your GrowID so that we're to minimize responses.

I do encourage you to PM me your ticket # so that I'm able to verify that everything is being processed properly.

That said, we have a set of forums rules that all players need to follow. You can access the Growtopian Code here.

The thread will now be closed since the rest will be done through your ticket and the corresponding staff member.