Thread: Item Gateway

Lightbulb Item Gateway

I've had this idea for like a year or i dunno. I just cant turn it into ideas to explain.

Okay, so basically, this item is a door, but for items.

Once wrenched , it will have text boxes for:
    ▪︎Label
    ▪︎Destination
    ▪︎Usable by Public (check box)

How does it work?
    ▪︎Once you set a label on it, you'll see it once you stand on it, JUST LIKE A DOOR!
    ▪︎You set a destination on it. It may be in the same world you are in or across a different world JUST LIKE A DOOR! But remember, you must set a destination ID. You can't drop on the white door.
    ▪︎Once something enters this Item Gateway, it goes into the destination JUST LIKE A DOOR! But hey stop! Can't you read the name? Its ITEM Gateway, its for ITEMS!
    ▪︎Okay, so you drop an item on this Item Gateway and the Item Gateway will automatically send it to the set destination. However, it must be a pathmarker, door or anything similar. No white doors!

Okay, wow, brilliant. But what for?!

Situations where this item can be useful:
    ▪︎Let's say for example someone says "OMG SELL CHANDS 200/1 SUPER CHEAP SELL TONS GO TO ISELLCHAND123". And because it was cheap, you feel like you wanna buy as much as you can buy. Oh, other people are buying too! I must be quick! Oh man! Everytime you enter your world you gotta run to tour storage and drop what you bought. And then, leave , buy , repeat. But hey, what if you have this Item Gateway and you can just place it beside the white door. Now you may just enter the world and throw off that chand and the item gateway will do the work for you Now you can buy from other worlds much faster just by dropping it beside the white door! You can do it with display boxes tho but pretend you never knew . Boo! Oh come on you still save yourself from the hassle of running transfering the stuffs from the display boxes.

▪︎Another example! Let's say you have a full plat farm also full with ready to hatvest trees. Oh come on! Harvesting all of those fruits is such a pain in the *** !. Oh well, unless you're rich enough to afford the overpriced magplant 5000. But omg hey! What if you place an item gateway in both ends of every row of your platforms? Wow brilliant: . Everytime you run around picking up those fruits you keep reaching the annoying limit of 200. Instead of respawning everytime, you can drop those 200 fruits in the end of the row and let the Item gateway do the job for you. Oh wow, now we can replace that overpriced magplant . Nah! Its still overpowered with its bfg system capability.

▪︎ Situation number 3! What if you suddenly recieved a private message from your friend saying "Hey, can I have 5 dirts?", but due to covid19 threat you both avoid personal contact. Item Gateway enter's the scene! With Item Gateway , sending gifts to your friends overseas (or actually crossworlds), is faster than ever!

Okay so this Item Gateway is actually brilliant with a few lil bit helpful features. But what if it cause harm to the community? Like almost every other item did?

Behold! Situations where it can harm the community of Growtopia:

▪︎ What if as I said, you placed an item gateway beside your white door? Then a random noob entered your world and dropped random trash on it? AAAAHHHHHHHH! Storage ruined
    Fix : Bruh you should have had unchecked that usable by public option wkwkwk.

▪︎The first ever idea of evil people from new items, scam tricks! What if someone who's new and unfamiliar with item gateway was asked by a stranger to drop on it? RIP WLs!
    Fix : When used in a world you don't own nor have acces to, a confirmation box will pop up. It will say "You're trying to drop your item in an item gateway which may automatically transport it somewhere else, would you like to proceed?" Well ofcourse , confirmation boxes increases the chances of you saving yourself.

Okay so the most basic thinf here is, I suck with explanations, so I hope y'all understand what I mean in this thread.
    Growtopia is the Best Game Ever!!

or at least it did way back 2015.

Thanks for the laughs, situation 3 was great. I do like this idea though... I just see it being a bit... buggy. Idk why I have absolutely no support for my claims but it feels like it.

Good suggestion regardless

My IGN: 3Rite

That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseFIN View Post
    Thanks for the laughs, situation 3 was great. I do like this idea though... I just see it being a bit... buggy. Idk why I have absolutely no support for my claims but it feels like it.

Good suggestion regardless
    The bugs are a job for theem
    Growtopia is the Best Game Ever!!

or at least it did way back 2015.