Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: Hacked again, IGN: NavidR

  1. #1
    Lesser Knight NaviR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somewhere deep in Detroit
    Posts
    53

    Default Hacked again, IGN: NavidR

    Hi, so my name is NavidR. I've played Growtopia for over 2500 hours, and since the start of 2014. Recently, my account has been hacked (even though I had API / 2-step on). And, I really don't want to continue playing this game, since there's nothing more to it, I've lost over 1 bgl worth of pures, worlds and items. I have nothing more to my name, anymore. The hacker somehow compromised my growtopia password, even though I have two-step on both GT and my email, but it is what it is; and that's how he gained access to my Growtopia account. Still he hasn't changed my Growtopia ID, but I have no clue to how he had got my password, when it is on another email with two step verification (gmail). He changed my Gmails password, but not my growtopia password, but he still took all my stuff. And there's nothing I can do, since he changed the password on my email where I had my Ubisoft account and Growtopia Account, I have no idea how he did it, whatsoever, when the gmail is connected to my phone, and I have to get an email everytime I want to log on. GG, goodluck to everybody playing, after 6 years, I'm finally done with Growtopia, sad it had to end this way; because this time there is nothing I can about it, and he's probably gonna hack my forums account too

    EDIT #1:
    I found out that he didn't hack my Gmail account, but somehow got access to my Growtopia account, even though I did have two-step on, I can't see any posts on my email saying that he has changed my password? This is so weird, what am I gonna do?

    EDIT #2: He trashed my F-eyes, protodrake etc., used most of my gtokens, all of the untradable stuff is gone, except for my floating speakers. I've been hacked before, but that was because my Email got hacked, this time my email hasnt been hacked or anything, I can't see any suspicious activity on there, it's so weird. How did they compromise my password, and how did they bypass the AAP-system?

    EDIT #3: I read a post on the forums that the AAP can now be bypassed by hackers, and that is definitely the problem. They should really revert the servers, or put them on a hold, to fix this issue. I've really lost a lot of items, that I can't even remember, and if IIRC, the support wants a list of all the items that you've lost, because it is not everything that is shown on the chatlog. This is really a bummer; my day went from going splendid to really sad. I have no idea, what I'm supposed to do now.
    Last edited by NaviR; 03-28-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Yes, I spelled my name wrong when making this account.

    IGN: NavidR // QUIT THE GAME, BECAUSE I GOT HACKED, AND THERE WAS NOTHING SUPPORT COULD DO ABOUT IT.

    OLD IGN: NAVID02

    Early 2014-2020

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Bobotov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    yikes

    /10chars

  3. #3
    Lesser Knight NaviR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somewhere deep in Detroit
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobotov View Post
    yikes

    /10chars
    Big yikes, I don't know what to do, I contacted support this morning, but they still haven't answered. This is really bad.
    Yes, I spelled my name wrong when making this account.

    IGN: NavidR // QUIT THE GAME, BECAUSE I GOT HACKED, AND THERE WAS NOTHING SUPPORT COULD DO ABOUT IT.

    OLD IGN: NAVID02

    Early 2014-2020

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaviR View Post
    Big yikes, I don't know what to do, I contacted support this morning, but they still haven't answered. This is really bad.
    Support's been real busy lately, so it might take you a good while to get a response.

    If you had AAP on, you should get your stuff back eventually, though.

    Contact Me:

    Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

  5. #5
    Lesser Knight NaviR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somewhere deep in Detroit
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    Support's been real busy lately, so it might take you a good while to get a response.

    If you had AAP on, you should get your stuff back eventually, though.
    Yea, but it is just really weird that this is happening to me. I didn't even get any message on my email, saying that somebody has logged onto my account, i think this must be an on going issue, as seen on the Forums other people have had the same problem as me. The only thing that really bothers me is that I can't remember all the items that I had, I might have been losing 10-20k of items. I had a couple of storage worlds, and farm worlds, and science stat worlds + main worlds + a whole lot of other items and pures. And I really hope that they'll be able to give back my recycled untradables.
    Yes, I spelled my name wrong when making this account.

    IGN: NavidR // QUIT THE GAME, BECAUSE I GOT HACKED, AND THERE WAS NOTHING SUPPORT COULD DO ABOUT IT.

    OLD IGN: NAVID02

    Early 2014-2020

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaviR View Post
    Yea, but it is just really weird that this is happening to me. I didn't even get any message on my email, saying that somebody has logged onto my account, i think this must be an on going issue, as seen on the Forums other people have had the same problem as me. The only thing that really bothers me is that I can't remember all the items that I had, I might have been losing 10-20k of items. I had a couple of storage worlds, and farm worlds, and science stat worlds + main worlds + a whole lot of other items and pures. And I really hope that they'll be able to give back my recycled untradables.
    It is possible that the hacker could’ve removed their device from the history of your email and that they could’ve deleted the emails that they/you got when changing password and aap.

    Also don’t put the hacker’s name there, that’s singling out.
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916


    Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

    current active world: powfartsv2

  7. #7
    Lesser Knight NaviR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somewhere deep in Detroit
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobified View Post
    It is possible that the hacker could’ve removed their device from the history of your email and that they could’ve deleted the emails that they/you got when changing password and aap.

    Also don’t put the hacker’s name there, that’s singling out.
    No he hasn't cleared anything, I checked the device history on the Gmail account, and it said nothing. I checked under the bin, nothing was there. He hasn't changed anything, he has just logged onto it.

    EDIT
    logged onto it; the GT account.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NaviR View Post
    No he hasn't cleared anything, I checked the device history on the Gmail account, and it said nothing. I checked under the bin, nothing was there. He hasn't changed anything, he has just logged onto it.

    EDIT
    logged onto it; the GT account.
    EDIT #2
    And you cannot clear the device history no matter what, it gets cleared every 28th day. And the hacker was on my account either today, yesterday or two days ago.
    Yes, I spelled my name wrong when making this account.

    IGN: NavidR // QUIT THE GAME, BECAUSE I GOT HACKED, AND THERE WAS NOTHING SUPPORT COULD DO ABOUT IT.

    OLD IGN: NAVID02

    Early 2014-2020

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer TurtlePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,684

    Post

    I doubt we could help you at Growtopia Forums at this point, but that'd be helpful for you to contact Growtopia Support and they'll most likely return your items if you've had that APP enabled.

    Futhermore, I'd recommend you to remove that nickname from the thread, because singling out is not allowed at Growtopia Forums.

    Nevertheless, I hope you'll be able to contact Growtopia Support and I hope they'll be able to return your items! : - )

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Creatorss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Mystery.
    Posts
    1,352

    Thumbs up

    Hey,
    Telling about how you got hacked or that you got hacked in forums will not fix anything for you.
    did you have your AAP enable on your account to secure your account?
    If you did then you should contact support and you might get your item back.
    Please in the future don't click on any links that you don't know about, never share your password also do not enter random website. These prevents you from getting hacked.
    make sure you have hard password too.
    make sure you don't share your gmail either, there are ways for people to hack you from that.
    Support my account protection idea here

    Instagram: Creators.Gt

  10. #10
    Lesser Knight NaviR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somewhere deep in Detroit
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creatorss View Post
    Hey,
    Telling about how you got hacked or that you got hacked in forums will not fix anything for you.
    did you have your AAP enable on your account to secure your account?
    If you did then you should contact support and you might get your item back.
    Please in the future don't click on any links that you don't know about, never share your password also do not enter random website. These prevents you from getting hacked.
    make sure you have hard password too.
    make sure you don't share your gmail either, there are ways for people to hack you from that.
    Hi, it could be really good if you would actually read the post that I made, instead of just copying and pasting the same comment

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    I doubt we could help you at Growtopia Forums at this point, but that'd be helpful for you to contact Growtopia Support and they'll most likely return your items if you've had that APP enabled.

    Futhermore, I'd recommend you to remove that nickname from the thread, because singling out is not allowed at Growtopia Forums.

    Nevertheless, I hope you'll be able to contact Growtopia Support and I hope they'll be able to return your items! : - )
    True, I just wanted to share my experience, I am aware of the fact that you guys can't help me. And oh, didn't know singling out wasn't allowed. My bad, I'll remove that.
    Yes, I spelled my name wrong when making this account.

    IGN: NavidR // QUIT THE GAME, BECAUSE I GOT HACKED, AND THERE WAS NOTHING SUPPORT COULD DO ABOUT IT.

    OLD IGN: NAVID02

    Early 2014-2020

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    Support's been real busy lately, so it might take you a good while to get a response.

    If you had AAP on, you should get your stuff back eventually, though.
    Hey, i got hacked even i had AAP on and i didn’t get anything back so...

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaviR View Post
    Hi, so my name is NavidR. I've played Growtopia for over 2500 hours, and since the start of 2014. Recently, my account has been hacked (even though I had API / 2-step on). And, I really don't want to continue playing this game, since there's nothing more to it, I've lost over 1 bgl worth of pures, worlds and items. I have nothing more to my name, anymore. The hacker somehow compromised my growtopia password, even though I have two-step on both GT and my email, but it is what it is; and that's how he gained access to my Growtopia account. Still he hasn't changed my Growtopia ID, but I have no clue to how he had got my password, when it is on another email with two step verification (gmail). He changed my Gmails password, but not my growtopia password, but he still took all my stuff. And there's nothing I can do, since he changed the password on my email where I had my Ubisoft account and Growtopia Account, I have no idea how he did it, whatsoever, when the gmail is connected to my phone, and I have to get an email everytime I want to log on. GG, goodluck to everybody playing, after 6 years, I'm finally done with Growtopia, sad it had to end this way; because this time there is nothing I can about it, and he's probably gonna hack my forums account too

    EDIT #1:
    I found out that he didn't hack my Gmail account, but somehow got access to my Growtopia account, even though I did have two-step on, I can't see any posts on my email saying that he has changed my password? This is so weird, what am I gonna do?

    EDIT #2: He trashed my F-eyes, protodrake etc., used most of my gtokens, all of the untradable stuff is gone, except for my floating speakers. I've been hacked before, but that was because my Email got hacked, this time my email hasnt been hacked or anything, I can't see any suspicious activity on there, it's so weird. How did they compromise my password, and how did they bypass the AAP-system?

    EDIT #3: I read a post on the forums that the AAP can now be bypassed by hackers, and that is definitely the problem. They should really revert the servers, or put them on a hold, to fix this issue. I've really lost a lot of items, that I can't even remember, and if IIRC, the support wants a list of all the items that you've lost, because it is not everything that is shown on the chatlog. This is really a bummer; my day went from going splendid to really sad. I have no idea, what I'm supposed to do now.
    If you had an AAP turned on, you'll get your stuff and worlds back, just be patient, support is currently overloaded with tickets.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that died 21-23.8.2019, she went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never ever forget you

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •