Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes needed in the game

Lightbulb Changes needed in the game

As an old player, I have slowly been watching my favourite game dying due to some decisions made by the devs. I made this thread to help the devs understand that if those changes are not made, the game will keep on becoming meh.

1. Give us an option from Personal Setting to revert back to old backpack/chat layout

- I hate to say it but I am not a fan of those new changes because It makes GT a completely different game with those weird icons everywhere. I'm kinda an old fashion guy but imagine playing the game for 6 years (6.6k+ hours) and one day you wake up and see the things you have been using for 6,600 hours COMPLETELY changed. I have asked MANY of the old players about this and they agree with me. It's also a preference thing and It does not really hurt anyone to implement this in settings.

2. Nerf Rayman + Magplants (other OP items that are killing the economy)

- I remember back in 2014-2015, I used to literally spend 2-4 hours breaking grass and selling the seeds for 100/wl. I have never once asked for a donation as well and back then you'd literally have to do ALL sorts of things for the rich people to gain wls. I broke worlds in order to sell rocks + lava, I farmed other people's blocks just to get 1-5 wls. Nowadays, all it takes is 50dls to literally get 200wls doing nothing but hiring bots. This is sad to see and I know a lot of people are going to be upset but I would love to see at least some nerfs done to those items.

3. Broadcast Cooldown

- I know broadcasts can be annoying and make the server lag but It's unfair for those who are trying to sell their items to have to wait 10 minutes before they do it again. I say there should be a 5-minute cooldown and not 10. The 10-minute cooldown = 6 broadcasts an hour which can be annoying and irritating. Those who spam broadcasts every second should have been punished alone and not the entire GT...

4. Buff events / add new stuff and new things to do

- For the past 2-3 years, I have stopped participating in events because It's kinda pointless as I have been doing the same events since 2014. I don't want to keep on doing the same thing again. I think the devs should start adding new things / changing parkours (blarney) or whatever it is. Back then, I used to be SUPER hyped whenever a new event arrives because it was so exciting but now, I think Growtopia truly does not care about their old players and are just focusing on the new players.

5. Punishments are too harsh

- I find it really sad that a lot of people are being permabanned from their favourite game for 1 mistake (it can be a joke/a thing they did for fun). Games are meant to be fun and I understand that those who do not want to follow the rules and keep on doing the same thing over and over should be permabanned. But others, who have only done 1 or 2 things for fun (it can be a sexual joke, a message to a mod or whatever) to be permanently banned is too harsh. I really hope mods can review their punishments and maybe add a 3 warning thing before a permaban. Big games like League of Legends do that and they're really patient about it because they know players might be going through difficult times whether It's a thing that happened in school or family stuff. I know I get SUPER moody and difficult to talk to sometimes because of the things going on in life. I realllly hope devs do review their punishment system again because realistically, being permabanned and not being able to make an account again is kinda :/ Also, let's say this player had like 1 dl that took him 2 years to get and he suddenly finds himself permabanned for 1 stupid mistake he made. I don't think even in 2 year time, he would come back to the game + He would not recommend the game to his friends ever again. Point 5 is a game-changer ngl, It can help with player growth.

Again, this thread is based on my opinion but I do think that devs should at least take a minute and read this.
    Last edited by Law_Growtopia; 03-30-2020 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Added point 5.
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    As an old player, I have slowly been watching my favourite game dying due to some decisions made by the devs. I made this thread to help the devs understand that if those changes are not made, the game will keep on becoming meh.

1. Give us an option from Personal Setting to revert back to old backpack/chat layout

- I hate to say it but I am not a fan of those new changes because It makes GT a completely different game with those weird icons everywhere. I'm kinda an old fashion guy but imagine playing the game for 6 years (6.6k+ hours) and one day you wake up and see the things you have been using for 6,600 hours COMPLETELY changed. I have asked MANY of the old players about this and they agree with me. It's also a preference thing and It does not really hurt anyone to implement this in settings.

- I remember back in 2014-2015, I used to literally spend 2-4 hours breaking grass and selling the seeds for 100/wl. I have never once asked for a donation as well and back then you'd literally have to do ALL sorts of things for the rich people to gain wls. I broke worlds in order to sell rocks + lava, I farmed other people's blocks just to get 1-5 wls. Nowadays, all it takes is 50dls to literally get 200wls doing nothing but hiring bots. This is sad to see and I know a lot of people are going to be upset but I would love to see at least some nerfs done to those items.

3. Broadcast Cooldown

- I know broadcasts can be annoying and make the server lag but It's unfair for those who are trying to sell their items to have to wait 10 minutes before they do it again. I say there should be a 5-minute cooldown and not 10. The 10-minute cooldown = 6 broadcasts an hour which can be annoying and irritating. Those who spam broadcasts every second should have been punished alone and not the entire GT...

4. Buff events / add new stuff and new things to do

- For the past 2-3 years, I have stopped participating in events because It's kinda pointless as I have been doing the same events since 2014. I don't want to keep on doing the same thing again. I think the devs should start adding new things / changing parkours (blarney) or whatever it is. Back then, I used to be SUPER hyped whenever a new event arrives because it was so exciting but now, I think Growtopia truly does not care about their old players and are just focusing on the new players.

Again, this thread is based on my opinion but I do think that devs should at least take a minute and read this.
    +1 for this.

Devs should not just put one event but put many events together meaning. The new event can be placed with Halloween or a new event with Super Pineapple Party since some of the events has no merit whatsoever. Some people have repeated the events and still no rare item obtained(me).
    Goals:

There is no need to Nerf Rayman And Magplants
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by LilXL View Post
    There is no need to Nerf Rayman And Magplants
    I believe nerfs should be done to those 2 otherwise everyone is going to get richer in illegal ways. I know not everyone does illegal things but I hate to say it, It's really easy to profit off these doing nothing. You can argue that a buy+ does the same thing but a proper buy+ costs x30 what a BFG would cost me.

+1 Hopefully nerfing Magplants can decrease bots
    GrowID: <HIDDEN>

I believe nerfs should be done to those 2 otherwise everyone is going to get richer in illegal ways. I know not everyone does illegal things but I hate to say it, It's really easy to profit off these doing nothing. You can argue that a buy+ does the same thing but a proper buy+ costs x30 what a BFG would cost me.
    they cant just nerf an item already in the game these days, it takes money to make money and people will not be happy if they are nerfed, oh and why the *beep* did you cut the part out of your trickster video where i won you *beep*
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    they cant just nerf an item already in the game these days, it takes money to make money and people will not be happy if they are nerfed, oh and why the *beep* did you cut the part out of your trickster video where i won you *beep*
    LMAO it was "unnecessary" HHAHAHA

LMAO it was "unnecessary" HHAHAHA
    *rolls eyes even though i won before frontieer*
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

I highly agree about this but they should make a option to sell magplant and rayman for fix price, like you can sell your rayman to Crazyjim(number 41100) for 35dls, magplant 25dls because really a lot of people would complain about it when their magplants/rayman drops a lot.

+> Currently a lot players earning free gems from BFG worlds, after this nerf. Devs shuold make another way to earn gems, like fishing! Make a new rod and you can earn gems by fishing with this new rod (must be equal to farming gems)

Nerf for Rayman: I don't think nerf for rayman is necessary but depends to devs.
    Nerf for Magplant: Other players can't take remote anymore.
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 03-30-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Make a new rod and you can earn gems by fishing with this new rod (must be equal to farming gems)
    well then that rod would probably be expensive and new players won't have access to them. (of course people will sell the rods for a high price because its an alternative to farming, not to mention the other fishing rewards u could get along side with high amount of gems compared to farming with lgrids or farmables like that).

Quote Originally Posted by (view signature) View Post
    +1 Hopefully nerfing Magplants can decrease bots
    I feel like the old auto bots would convert into spam bots :P

as for the 10 minute broadcast cooldown, I just think it should stay because a lot of people would start bcing regularly and leads into more spam and heavier load for the servers

These are all my thoughts :P

Quote Originally Posted by NeonValley View Post
    well then that rod would probably be expensive and new players won't have access to them. (of course people will sell the rods for a high price because its an alternative to farming, not to mention the other fishing rewards u could get along side with high amount of gems compared to farming with lgrids or farmables like that).
    No? It can be cheap, like 1-3wls. Problem solved
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia;4207945

[B
    3. Broadcast Cooldown
    [/B]
    These two things need to be fixed. IMO, rayman fist doesn't affect much to the game, although it makes farming more effective and easier. But Magplant is a huge problem to the game. With more and more BFG, the price of all farmables dropped dramatically[is this the right word?] I understand that Magplant can't be removed from the game, at least nerf a little bit. + we have a another version of Magplant ( Unstable Tesseract)

Broadcast cool down time too long, 5 minutes is good enough
    IGN : Hyposus

Just an Old Growtopia Player that waste wls