Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Don't Judge Noobs" - One of the worst part in the community

What I'm wondering is whether people actually take the time to message people from these videos to ask for things because I've never heard of people experiencing this.
    Always Remember Hardwork Pays Off
    Knowledge Is Power 9.24

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether people actually take the time to message people from these videos to ask for things because I've never heard of people experiencing this.
    I asked some of my friends that got into this , Both good and bad side.
    And for some reason , yes.
    People who watches the video actually message them!

I’m not sure if it’s a constant spam tho.
    My name is PokeTrivia

or that guy who afk forever

I do cool stuff and hangs out with friend!
    I won't let you down!

I usually handle the situation a third way. I’m not trying to act all high and mighty or anything but I can say that I’m a bit more well-off than most players, so I get a lot of people asking for donations. If they ask I usually politely tell them that I don’t donate. If they ask why then I say that I believe that every player should earn their own items, not mooch off of others (which I do actually believe). Usually by this point the scammers or alt account people would just walk away but the legitimate newbies would stick around and ask “well how do I profit?”. Then I’d gladly give them some tips and starters on what to do whilst not physically giving them anything. However there are some rare cases where I meet a genuinely good-hearted person who just wants to learn about the game and I’ll help him out with something small such as some farmables or some extra clothes I have lying around. A little kindness goes a long way. This method confuses the YouTubers because you aren’t ignoring them, plus you’re being polite so they can’t portray you as a bad person. It also teaches newer players to be kind to others and they’ll get farther which is always a good life lesson.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

The community is greedy, youtubers are included.

Youtubers shouldn't be only hated because they host giveaways, they should also be hated because they are toxic. Youtubers are toxic because they are greedy for views and subscribers which eventually lead to money. The reason why they are hosting giveaways is to get subscribers, which leads to views, which leads to fans. One reason why youtubers are unfair when it comes to growing is because they get the subscribers by giveaway and not by their content. It's so unfair that they grow because the youtuber is able to build a fandom or fanbase just because of non-stop giveaways.

I had this friend of mine wondering why isn't he getting views even his thumbnail is looking very cool, he has lots of subscribers and etc. I was bothered. Youtubers shouldn't be doing content just because they want to earn money. Youtubers shouldn't be doing forced in doing content just because they want to be famous. Without fun, without hard work, and without quality, a youtuber without all of those doesn't deserve fame. Only youtubers who did truly work hard, did this for fun, with quality and with patience deserve to be well-known, to be fame.

From these giveaways, people get attracted and a percentage of them becomes a true fan of that youtuber. Content like these, "Don't Judge Noobs" just influences the community to be more greedy. When you give one world lock to somebody and show it to thousands of people, the next they, they'll beg world locks from you. The community is not messaging you because they are praising you for how good you are, they are messaging you because they are greedy. They don't really care how good you are, they just want the world locks with them.

It's truly really disappointing how players would just want to run away with world locks. It's understandable that without it, you won't grow in this game but the fact that it's getting way worse is becoming really unhealthy. I just hope someday youtubers like Wicker10 will start making new content, and will start taking over or influencing the community of what's right. I'd love to see a new-gen of these new youtubers. Probably the reason why we don't have good and smart youtubers right now is because of the fact that most of the community calls Growtopia dead and they see Growtopia dead.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    Most of the time when noobs ask me for donation, whether a real noob or a fake one, I tell them, "I won't donate to you, but I can help you earn a World Lock." So far only 2 of all those who asked me for donation agreed to let me help them earn a World Lock.

So, if you are lazy to help them earn a World Lock or don't have time, I suggest you give them low-value clothings like Cargo Shorts and Boots. If they say you are selfish or something like that, you can (if you are brave enough) verbally return fire by saying that they are greedy.
    For me when a nob one asked me for donation, I guide them to BFG lists so they could earn gems for wls. I just hate choosy nobs
    WOTD: 3 (in BESTBEACHINGT, ANUBIANCITY & ZODIACSKY)

VOTW: 1 (Out of Growtopia Icon)

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    Youtubers shouldn't be only hated because they host giveaways, they should also be hated because they are toxic. Youtubers are toxic because they are greedy for views and subscribers which eventually lead to money. The reason why they are hosting giveaways is to get subscribers, which leads to views, which leads to fans.
    I smell around half a million "fans" coming to burn you at the stake....

but about the fans part. 95% of them aren't even fans.

If you look at the difference between youtubers who host the 4 million world lock giveaways and those who dont the subscriber count is drastic.

Tediore is a good company change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 10bang View Post
    I smell around half a million "fans" coming to burn you at the stake....

but about the fans part. 95% of them aren't even fans.

If you look at the difference between youtubers who host the 4 million world lock giveaways and those who dont the subscriber count is drastic.
    That is correct, 95% of them aren't even fans.

What I was saying is, there is a potential that these people that came from the giveaway can be fans (and might be inloved with their content) which I find very disappointing because they did not know them for who they really are. They knew them because of world locks.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    That is correct, 95% of them aren't even fans.

What I was saying is, there is a potential that these people that came from the giveaway can be fans (and might be inloved with their content) which I find very disappointing because they did not know them for who they really are. They knew them because of world locks.
    agreed......

Tediore is a good company change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrivia View Post
    Don't Judge Noobs

One of the worst part in the Community

Hey , Imagine if you will.
    You are a trader , your just trading around and profitting from stuffs in SEEDS , BUYGHC , etc.
    Now , we have a random guy , wearing like a begginer/noob set.
    He ask for your donation , now....What would you do?

Lets go with Option 1 : You decided to donate the noob , because "Hey , I felt nice today!"
    Then he , reveals himself to be one of the famous youtubers , giving you more wls!
    Very nice!
    BUT WAIT
    You donating the wls , meaning people watching that youtuber's video , thinking that you must be nice!
    SO everyday , you get tons and tons of message , asking for donation.
    Being nice , you give all of them wls and now you ran out of wls.
    Or , you ignores all of them and now your being hated for not donating wls to the actual noob.

You see? Lets get to Option 2

Option 2 : You decided to ignore the noobs , thinking "Im not giving my wls to random stranger!"
    Then , he reveals himself to be one of the famous youtubers , then telling that your a terrible person and your going to be on Youtube.
    He/she uploaded the video....Now , people thinks your a horrible human being and deserves to get hate everyday.
    Everyday , you get messages everyday , hating you , cursing you.
    You constanly get hates everyday , making the game not fun at all , causing you to quit.

Now you seen my point ,
    To summurize ,
    We traders have to give out wls you worked hard for , TO STRANGER YOU NEVER MET , JUST TO PROVE YOUR A GOOD PERSON.
    BUT ONCE PEOPLE KNOW YOUR A GOOD PERSON , EVERYONE WANTS YOUR WLS NOW.
    And if we don't give it out , WE GET HATED FOR IT?
    Overall , causing the noobs to be more greedy.
    Basically , to be a "good person" in growtopia , you must work hard everyday just to give those wls out.

But wait , theres a fix to that!
    The fix is , The GT Youtubers have to censor out the name.
    Simple as that , right?
    Yeah,Simple as that.
    But , will they do it?
    No , they wont.
    They wanted that "content" out of it.
    For traders , just change your name or your account.
    But for me personally , I cared about my username alot so, yeah. Never gonna happen.

Keep in mind that this is MY OPINION
    Yours might be different.
    Share your opinions ! I also want to hear out from you guys!

Thanks for coming to my Grow Talk.

Bro the thing is that, most of them are not real beginners,
    they are mostly fake ones,

because when i started the game, i didn't know how to trade, or anything, and these people at level 2, are able to ask for donations, without knowing what they will receive, it's waste of time

Even if you give that person a world lock, and let's say he's a beginner, i don't think he'll be knowing what to do with it

I don't think any new player is actually capable of asking for a donation, or knowing about the worlds ; seeds, buyghc, etc.

they are just too new for that, if they are in those worlds, they should be knowing how to gain those world locks by themselve,
    they should be knowing how to earn some items by themselves.