Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2020 Kentucky Derby RACE WORLD CONTEST --- ENTER NOW!!

What’s stopping people from making alternate accounts to vote for their world? What about bribing other forumers to vote for them?
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie
    pfp by NekoWolf

Prepping my submission right now!
    [Lvl 100: 89/100]
    [Focused Eyes: 100/100] [Completed!]
    [100DL: 100/100] [Completed!]
    [Sponsor an Item: 9/32]
    [Earn VOTW: 0/1]

Keep it Clanky!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimster73 View Post
    Howdy, folks! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Let's continue the tradition we started, and have our SIXTH annual KENTUCKY DERBY! Growtopians new and old come together and 1) Design amazing worlds, 2) saddle up their horses, and 3) watch for broadcasts to enter a world and 3... 2... 1... GO GO GO!! Players far and wide have enjoyed winning some tasty minty juleps and made new friends during this event. We hope this year will be no exception, as we gear up for the greatest race day in Growtopia!

THIS thread will be to SUBMIT YOUR WORLD for consideration to be a part of this year's KYDERBY event. If we have over TEN submissions (we always do), I will vote on which worlds that get to host the Kentucky Derby in a SEPARATE THREAD. Be watching for that in a few weeks! I'm opening up the competition, and I'll be posting the top 20 or so worlds in a forum poll for voting. WANT TO GET INVOLVED?

What I'm looking for:
    1) A world FULL of racetrack, not just a small track. HALF WORLDS will no longer be acceptable. And a SIMPLE entrance that guides players easily to the starting gate.
    2) A starting flag, and ending flag, and a "gate" that can be opened to ensure everyone starts at the same time.
    3) A world that you can't DIE in (no spikes, killing lava, etc.) so that each player will be able to finish the race!
    4) Originality, theme, consistency and overall race "feel" are a PLUS (race track time MUST be less than 3 minutes!), and will help with getting more votes in the forum poll!
    5) JAMMERS! Extra points will be given to the worlds that show a XENONITE CRYSTAL, as well as all appropriate jammers, in their worlds! We have more successful (& fair) races with those in place, so GET YOURS IN THERE! (if you don't have these, you are NOT disqualified, but you risk not having your world in the Derby at all, if you don't!)

OFFICIAL RULES:
    1) World owner must be open to either giving access to KYDERBY hosts (mostly moderators), OR be in the world to open the gate at the time of the official race.
    2) World owner must agree to keep world OPEN to players (keep the doors unlocked so we can race!), until the day of the Kentucky Derby.
    3) Absolutely NO world spawns (portals) near the door, showcasing other worlds. This is an event about the Derby, and in the spirit of the day, please be considerate and leave those portals elsewhere.
    4) All winning worlds will be linked to the world KYDERBYDAY, where players will be able to access your world from the hub of Derby Day!!
    5) RACERS WHO ARE CAUGHT racing with a bot or secondary account, you will be stripped of your winnings and banned from future Derby races. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a decision each "race admin/mod" will make, and it is NOT negotiable. We will not investigate further, and will have no future discussions about it! Play fair or DON'T PLAY AT ALL!
    6) Racers can ONLY WIN ONCE during the event. Once you win, you cannot "race for fun" nor participate. PLEASE allow other racers to win!

To enter your world, comment IN THIS THREAD BELOW and attach your /renderworld to your post. DO NOT save a space in this thread for your submission (saved places will be disqualified and/or removed). I will compile all the winning entries into a poll thread on APRIL 24, my time (whenever I get around to posting on that day). Good luck to you guys, and THANK YOU for making the Kentucky Derby this year our BEST yet!

PRIZES: There will be TWO Minty Juleps awarded to the top TEN winning world owners (one for you, and one for your buddy that helped you! Minty Juleps are to SHARE!) so get to work! Make THIS YEARS RACETRACKS the best EVER!

Yes, decorative spikes are acceptable, I just want to give players an opportunity to finish the race. If they die while they're standing around outside the racetrack, well.... that's fine by me. HA! (This was an actual question answered last year, I'm keeping it here!)

Level of difficulty can vary. Check out KYDERBYDAY for previous year's winners, if you need ideas on what to do successfully, OR do a forum search for "Kentucky Derby" posts, and maybe scroll through some submissions. I cannot WAIT to see what you guys do this year!!

GOOD LUCK, World Designers and RACERS!

Hey Aimster, I was wondering If I am allowed to participate in building a world
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    Hey Aimster, I was wondering If I am allowed to participate in building a world
    "of course" Mr. I WON 80DLS FROM AIMSTER YAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruzty View Post
    Not the mods decides price of the item.
    Never implied so.
    But one can decide of how the price might be influenced.

As a semi-official event (since the items are/were spawned in for her and handed over), I find the lack of thought put into organizing and managing this contest way under today's standards.
    Especially when someone who could genuinely be building a new world for this contest lose to someone who has either bought an older world from someone else or built before, with no newer effort put, like the people who have already submitted worlds.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by crushkrtprml View Post
    "of course" Mr. I WON 80DLS FROM AIMSTER YAY!!
    It's a different contest. I don't mind If i can't join as I have pro designer friends who are attempting to build one. No need to be envious lmao
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

is the deadline of the submissions for the worlds on April 24 or earlier?

IGN: MadMewMew

Suggested:
    • Floating Speaker
    • Pet Egg
    • Steampunk Goggles
    • Fiesta Coati Scarf
    • Mud Puddle
    • Money Aura

Master 💩poster

I know I’m late but I Nominate the Infinite Loop (World name InfiniteLoop) this consists of around what I estimate to be 100-700 Different worlds linked together to make the world longest race, I spent 14hours straight and didn’t Finnish this.
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ed-Art-Contest)

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    I know I’m late but I Nominate the Infinite Loop (World name InfiniteLoop) this consists of around what I estimate to be 100-700 Different worlds linked together to make the world longest race, I spent 14hours straight and didn’t Finnish this.
    i dont know if this is a joke or not because it would never be part of kyderby
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Never implied so.
    But one can decide of how the price might be influenced.

As a semi-official event (since the items are/were spawned in for her and handed over), I find the lack of thought put into organizing and managing this contest way under today's standards.
    Especially when someone who could genuinely be building a new world for this contest lose to someone who has either bought an older world from someone else or built before, with no newer effort put, like the people who have already submitted worlds.
    Good point, but they could trace down smth I guess, Btw does it really need to have a zenonite crystal? Or the moderators will just put 1 down?
    And the fact we can use hurt blocks as decorations that doesnt hurt people
    Last edited by TeachMeHow; 03-31-2020 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

Default FERRARIF1

I have all the extras such as Crystal, Gravity and Guardian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by AGIRO View Post
    I have all the extras such as Crystal, Gravity and Guardian
    firstly its F1FERRARI, and secondly i dont think you can win another time, that would be completely unfair winning 4 juleps overall, doing this has no effort, and dont think changing the name from F1 to this will change anything.
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch