Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2020 Kentucky Derby RACE WORLD CONTEST --- ENTER NOW!!

Default OFFICIAL 2020 Kentucky Derby RACE WORLD CONTEST --- ENTER NOW!!

Howdy, folks! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Let's continue the tradition we started, and have our SIXTH annual KENTUCKY DERBY! Growtopians new and old come together and 1) Design amazing worlds, 2) saddle up their horses, and 3) watch for broadcasts to enter a world and 3... 2... 1... GO GO GO!! Players far and wide have enjoyed winning some tasty minty juleps and made new friends during this event. We hope this year will be no exception, as we gear up for the greatest race day in Growtopia!

THIS thread will be to SUBMIT YOUR WORLD for consideration to be a part of this year's KYDERBY event. If we have over TEN submissions (we always do), I will vote on which worlds that get to host the Kentucky Derby in a SEPARATE THREAD. Be watching for that in a few weeks! I'm opening up the competition, and I'll be posting the top 20 or so worlds in a forum poll for voting. WANT TO GET INVOLVED?

What I'm looking for:
    1) A world FULL of racetrack, not just a small track. HALF WORLDS will no longer be acceptable. And a SIMPLE entrance that guides players easily to the starting gate.
    2) A starting flag, and ending flag, and a "gate" that can be opened to ensure everyone starts at the same time.
    3) A world that you can't DIE in (no spikes, killing lava, etc.) so that each player will be able to finish the race!
    4) Originality, theme, consistency and overall race "feel" are a PLUS (race track time MUST be less than 3 minutes!), and will help with getting more votes in the forum poll!
    5) JAMMERS! Extra points will be given to the worlds that show a XENONITE CRYSTAL, as well as all appropriate jammers, in their worlds! We have more successful (& fair) races with those in place, so GET YOURS IN THERE! (if you don't have these, you are NOT disqualified, but you risk not having your world in the Derby at all, if you don't!)

OFFICIAL RULES:
    1) World owner must be open to either giving access to KYDERBY hosts (mostly moderators), OR be in the world to open the gate at the time of the official race.
    2) World owner must agree to keep world OPEN to players (keep the doors unlocked so we can race!), until the day of the Kentucky Derby.
    3) Absolutely NO world spawns (portals) near the door, showcasing other worlds. This is an event about the Derby, and in the spirit of the day, please be considerate and leave those portals elsewhere.
    4) All winning worlds will be linked to the world KYDERBYDAY, where players will be able to access your world from the hub of Derby Day!!
    5) RACERS WHO ARE CAUGHT racing with a bot or secondary account, you will be stripped of your winnings and banned from future Derby races. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a decision each "race admin/mod" will make, and it is NOT negotiable. We will not investigate further, and will have no future discussions about it! Play fair or DON'T PLAY AT ALL!
    6) Racers can ONLY WIN ONCE during the event. Once you win, you cannot "race for fun" nor participate. PLEASE allow other racers to win!

To enter your world, comment IN THIS THREAD BELOW and attach your /renderworld to your post. DO NOT save a space in this thread for your submission (saved places will be disqualified and/or removed). I will compile all the winning entries into a poll thread on APRIL 24, my time (whenever I get around to posting on that day). Good luck to you guys, and THANK YOU for making the Kentucky Derby this year our BEST yet!

PRIZES: There will be TWO Minty Juleps awarded to the top TEN winning world owners (one for you, and one for your buddy that helped you! Minty Juleps are to SHARE!) so get to work! Make THIS YEARS RACETRACKS the best EVER!

Yes, decorative spikes are acceptable, I just want to give players an opportunity to finish the race. If they die while they're standing around outside the racetrack, well.... that's fine by me. HA! (This was an actual question answered last year, I'm keeping it here!)

Level of difficulty can vary. Check out KYDERBYDAY for previous year's winners, if you need ideas on what to do successfully, OR do a forum search for "Kentucky Derby" posts, and maybe scroll through some submissions. I cannot WAIT to see what you guys do this year!!

GOOD LUCK, World Designers and RACERS!
    How to Deal with Bullies: Take Action by clicking HERE

Default Gogotopian for Kentucky Derby Race World Contest

GOGOTOPIAN

Name:  gogotopian.png
Views: 1522
Size:  433.5 KB

This is my entry for Kentucky Derby World Contest
    I build this world from a few years ago
    I try join again this year because i never give up
    The world full of racetrack
    The world also has original Aimster's Nightmare pixel arts
    Also has Song, Punch Jammer, Zombie Jammer, Fire House, Ghostcharm, Pineapple Guardian and Xenonite.

GrowID : OVEROLL
    Last edited by Overoll; 04-14-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Put info

I'm nominating my world, RABBITHOLERUN!

It's a fun, bunny themed race world, with a cool, brand new LOOP! (Kind of like in a Hot Wheels track!) There's a spectator room inside the loop, for finishers.

The world also has two original bunny pixel arts, though they're not taking up much space.

Jammers etc.:
    Punch Jammer
    Zombie Jammer
    Firehouse
    Guardian Pineapple
    I think I might be able to get a xenonite crystal for the race

Here's a render!
    Name:  rabbitholerun.png
Views: 1778
Size:  540.2 KB

If that water area is an issue, it's easily removable!

I timed 2:52.14
    Last edited by Skullifer; 04-11-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Contact Me:

Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

Nominating KentuckyTrack

-Zombie Jammer
    -Punch Jammer
    -Fire house

RENDER:
    Name:  1E9D2FDB-B920-49E4-80E5-D639D283EFA8.png
Views: 2249
Size:  142.2 KB

GrowID:Mbc6

IGN (Mbc6)
    Insta (Mbc6_Gt)
    WOTD Count (8)

Default ohmygoles its back!

lol awesome. glad to see it back

heres a lil something i created for the 2018 kyderby
    its aberdalerace
    again
    its still jammed and stuff

its clarance

Name:  aberdalerace.png
Views: 2179
Size:  309.4 KB

hope its as f u n as it is 2 years back

Seems fun. Only thing is that I am terrible at building (never tried before actually) and I do not have a Xenonite Crystal.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

Default WORLDWIDETRACK - Race Derby Nomination

Name:  RnWqZE6.png
Views: 1694
Size:  100.7 KB

I am nominating WORLDWIDETRACK for this contest.

Saddle up! Take part in a worldwide derby race, and try to win. While you are at it, you can also learn new facts about different countries, continents, oceans, and much more.

This world contains all the needed jammers, including Xenonite Crystal, Punch and Zombie Jammer, and Pineapple Guardian to make everything fair. This derby can be completed by anyone. It requires no double jumps, so it's fair for every single contestant out there.

What are you waiting for? Go get your horsie, and race for glory!

FEATURES

- Xenonite Crystal
    - Punch Jammer
    - Zombie Jammer
    - Pineapple Guardian
    - World Facts
    - Unique Racetrack
    - And most importantly, lots of fun!

Name:  SeTPYhM.png
Views: 1914
Size:  754.6 KB
    Last edited by SergKud; 04-06-2020 at 10:11 PM.

This contest shouldn't be a poll that depends on public for voting on the winners

- Favouritism, bribery, any way of cheating so certain worlds can win. People can start advertising publicly, or privately to vote for their world, (i.e: "If you vote for my world and I win, I will giveaway 3 diamond locks!)

It was okay back then, because it was a thingamabob was 100-150dls, maybe even more, but because the Legendary Bot needed 3, it caused julep to be around 100, so people used julep as a collectors item. But 2 years passed, julep is *now* currently 96 dls, and a thingamabob is around 42-46 dls, which causes more people to want to do bot, causing a LIMITED ITEM (julep) to decrease in the game, and rise in price.

Personally, I do not mind the amount of juleps you decide to give out, but having the pubic vote is bad. Create a personal team, whether it be veterans, or your own mod team, anything but the public vote.
    Last edited by xMera; 03-30-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    Learn to love yourself, before you love others.
    Instagram: @gt.mera

Quote Originally Posted by xMera View Post
    This contest shouldn't be a poll that depends on public for voting on the winners

- Favouritism. People can start advertising publicly, or privately to vote for their world, (i.e: "If you vote for my world and I win, I will giveaway 3 diamond locks!)

It was okay back then, because it was a thingamabob was 100-150dls, maybe even more, but because the Legendary Bot needed 3, it caused julep to be around 100, so people used julep as a collectors item. But 2 years passed, julep is *now* currently 96 dls, and a thingamabob is around 42-46 dls, which causes more people to want to do bot, causing a LIMITED ITEM (julep) to decrease in the game, and rise in price.

Personally, I do not mind the amount of juleps you decide to give out, but having the pubic vote is bad. Create a personal team, whether it be veterans, or your own mod team, anything but the public vote.
    Agreed.

I don't even understand why so many are being given away, this is dangerous economy wise, do you realize that this is 90DLs * 20 = 18BGLs worth of juleps given away, for a lot less effort than worlds built for the official contests, which also give less. Granted they *will* be lower than that, it's still way too much, when we're talking about an item that only you get to hand over that is useless other than for a legendary quest I would like to argue that so many needs to be given away, seems prone for, what xMera said above, abuse, favoritism, manipulation of a public poll.
    I get that you're probably trying to be generous and while winners might be happy with it others who already have one from before, which are already hard to find will find themselves displeased that a few dozen players will find themselves flooded with them.
    Please reconsider what the item's worth, don't just flood the game with them. Winner worlds should be of high quality.

5) RACERS WHO ARE CAUGHT racing with a bot or secondary account, you will be stripped of your winnings and banned from future Derby races. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a decision each "race admin/mod" will make, and it is NOT negotiable. We will not investigate further, and will have no future discussions about it! Play fair or DON'T PLAY AT ALL!
    6) Racers can ONLY WIN ONCE during the event. Once you win, you cannot "race for fun" nor participate. PLEASE allow other racers to win!
    Why is this relevant to this building contest?

And are you going to check if the worlds submitted have been specifically created for this contest? I already see a few renders in here from people who surely have built their worlds a while before.
    Bonus/Negative points need to be made clearer.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Knight

Default Hope it's my first time?

I never played any single KYDERBY before, so this is HUGE news for me? Can anyone tell me when it usually starts? I just wanna make sure I at least entered the giveaway and maybe, just maybe, win a nice prize.
    World name: 3ATG (Idk in case if I win a giveaway) | IGN: SusLord69 | Guild: Parkourists Level: 50 (At last, I achieved my goal!).

Inside your refrigerator, but you can't see me.

Default Here's my entry!

Ah it's been a while, here is my entry for the Derby!

Name:  aquaderby.png
Views: 1989
Size:  161.9 KB
    IGN: DisIsJames

Pleasure to be here.

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." -Og Mandino

Recently hit and passed 6,600 Subscribers!

Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0D...NOxC73TFAUhbCg

Not the mods decides price of the item.
    @imthebuilderbear