Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can rich people create Blackmarkets? hear me out!

Lightbulb Can rich people create Blackmarkets? hear me out!

I think this might be the best idea a very rich person can come up with,
    items of the months are only available for one month, so there are a limited number of them in the game, even if it's thousands, they are still limited, so what if a really rich person or people bought all of them, and then sold them in whatever price they wanted, or just keep them that way, making them exclusive, it's like owning your own item.

Even if some people don't agree with selling the items, there are still many people that want world locks more than the Item of the months,
    so i anyone that has lots of worlds, hear me out; try doing this

Tell me if this is a bad idea or a good one, to be honest, there aren't many people that can buy all of any item right now in the game, but maybe in future, there will be one, or maybe there are some item of the months that weren't sold that much, so it can be super rare.

That's a monopoly, not a black market.

Signature v9.2

Art by Intensifies (thank you!)
    https://i.postimg.cc/NjzM0nBP/20200311-223919.png
    Previous sigpic by Parpul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

this is known as price manipulation, and it’s quite frowned down upon

it’s been done many times by rich buy+ world owners, with i believe gscans, magplants, and more.
    ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
    discord: darkphantic#7895

A while ago, some guy was trying to buy my calf leash because he said he was trying to buy all calf’s in gt and do what you were describing. I don’t think he was successful though
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

It get's impossible at some point, because it's gonna be very hard to buy the last ones. The price will start to rise before he would manage to buy all of them, which means he himself would have to start paying more for the last ones. But yes, you can make items more expensive that way and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by pewdewpai View Post
    items of the months are only available for one month, so there are a limited number of them in the game, even if it's thousands, they are still limited, so what if a really rich person or people bought all of them, and then sold them in whatever price they wanted, or just keep them that way, making them exclusive, it's like owning your own item.

Even if some people don't agree with selling the items, there are still many people that want world locks more than the Item of the months,

Tell me if this is a bad idea or a good one, to be honest, there aren't many people that can buy all of any item right now in the game, but maybe in future, there will be one, or maybe there are some item of the months that weren't sold that much, so it can be super rare.

Yeah, my friends and I were thinking of buying around 40,000 angel wings but then again It's a huge waste of time

Also, this can be done with one person only. For example, Let's just say I buy around 200+ magplants and start hoarding them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    A while ago, some guy was trying to buy my calf leash because he said he was trying to buy all calf’s in gt and do what you were describing. I don’t think he was successful though
    Yeah, but you can easily make more icecalf (it's not like IOTM)
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Banned

A black market is for example the sale of dls in Growtopia or drugs in real life.
    You are referring to a monopoly which is allowed sadly.
    Anyone can be rich in this game. work at mcdonalds and get 100$ per day and buy dls with it. some rich people buy dls for their income which is ridiculous.

Banned

This is pure foolishness, this is monopoly it would result in a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post

Yeah, but you can easily make more icecalf (it's not like IOTM)
    Mate I’m talking about actual calf leashes. The ones from breaking cow blocks. Yeah I get they’re obtainable but they’re really hard to get. Plus I doubt many people are going out of their way to break cows for a calf leash anymore.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

Exclamation TAKE NOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by pewdewpai View Post

It is a bad idea. Not only because player would hate you, but also because of the nearly unpredictable nature of growtopia. At best, a rich player could potentially own a major share of items in the but it cannot cut off the entirety of these items. Although that person might have some influence on the price, it is mostly based on utility, purpose, rarity, permanence, number of uses, general consensus, and a lot of other factors as well.

While it is entirely possible, and has been done before, to own the very first product/item in the game before it is mass produced. However, this idea is unlikely, if not utterly impossible because item creation is not limited (only the mods and special players who have customized personal items are limited), ergo it means that there will always be another item out there, or another player discovering or obtaining the item you are monopolizing.

The idea is great but, for it to succeed, one must have riches beyond measure, combining the wealth of the top 100 wealthiest players, will then this be plausible.
    Currently, my IGN is iKill4U. I am a returning player and I hope I get to meet you guys!
    If you want to donate, please visit my current world, "MFCCV". Thank you sooooo muchhhh! :>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Aphakia View Post
    It is a bad idea. Not only because player would hate you, but also because of the nearly unpredictable nature of growtopia. At best, a rich player could potentially own a major share of items in the but it cannot cut off the entirety of these items. Although that person might have some influence on the price, it is mostly based on utility, purpose, rarity, permanence, number of uses, general consensus, and a lot of other factors as well.

While it is entirely possible, and has been done before, to own the very first product/item in the game before it is mass produced. However, this idea is unlikely, if not utterly impossible because item creation is not limited (only the mods and special players who have customized personal items are limited), ergo it means that there will always be another item out there, or another player discovering or obtaining the item you are monopolizing.

The idea is great but, for it to succeed, one must have riches beyond measure, combining the wealth of the top 100 wealthiest players, will then this be plausible.
    Not really. It takes one “rich” player to be able to do this. By rich, I’m not talking about 1-20 BGL because that’s not considered rich...
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Quote Originally Posted by Aphakia View Post

I think you got me.wrong, i'm not talking about regular items like Angels, or some boots, or anything, i'm talking about the exclusive ones, the Item of the months, think about the least popular item of the month, i think it's prefectly possible to monopolize it.