Thread: Is silkworm profitable?

Default Is silkworm profitable?

I am active daily due to quarantine so I can take care of em, but before that, is it profitable or not?

note: yes i have enough dls for 40 of them and for foods

update: i bought 12

update 2: bought 212 wish me luck
    Last edited by GioGios.gt; 04-01-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    IGN: GioGios

Kono Giorno Giovanna yume ga aru

Quote Originally Posted by GioGios.gt View Post
    I am active daily due to quarantine so I can take care of em, but before that, is it profitable or not?

note: yes i have enough dls for 40 of them and for foods

update: i bought 12

update 2: bought 212 wish me luck
    Silk worms are profitable if you know what you are making. you could look for someone who needs supply as different colour bolts have different prices and needs. the average bolt prices at 8 wls and a silk worm produces nearly 1 silk bolt during its lifetime on average. which is good profit. here are some tips from when I had silk worm farms.

tips:
    on their first 2 days where they dont produce silk , make sure to stuff them full with the food item that yields the colour you want. this will make sure that most of them will produce the desired colour of silk by the time they start producing. some will still produce grey silk for the first 2 days.

dont let your worms go hungry or thirsty and dont overfeed or bloat them after the first 2 days, this helps ensure they don't get sick as antidotes can be a major cost concern.

if you have a trusted friend, let them have access in case you are unable to log on to collect/feed as missing a harvest cycle will mess with your profits

last but not the least , place the silk worms at a time you are sure you will be online in as they will start producing exactly 48 hours after placing

pray that the server doesn't die for sometime and kill your silkworms along the way
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    pray that the server doesn't die for sometime and kill your silkworms along the way
    Someone's silkworms died during rollback, they were fully compensated I believe.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Quote Originally Posted by Hink View Post
    Silk worms are profitable if you know what you are making. you could look for someone who needs supply as different colour bolts have different prices and needs. the average bolt prices at 8 wls and a silk worm produces nearly 1 silk bolt during its lifetime on average. which is good profit. here are some tips from when I had silk worm farms.

tips:
    on their first 2 days where they dont produce silk , make sure to stuff them full with the food item that yields the colour you want. this will make sure that most of them will produce the desired colour of silk by the time they start producing. some will still produce grey silk for the first 2 days.

dont let your worms go hungry or thirsty and dont overfeed or bloat them after the first 2 days, this helps ensure they don't get sick as antidotes can be a major cost concern.

if you have a trusted friend, let them have access in case you are unable to log on to collect/feed as missing a harvest cycle will mess with your profits

last but not the least , place the silk worms at a time you are sure you will be online in as they will start producing exactly 48 hours after placing
    Thanks for the tips! i already just harvested 1 farm and got 13wls! (2 bolts and 19 threads)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    Someone's silkworms died during rollback, they were fully compensated I believe.
    Oh , i hope nothing happens :c
    IGN: GioGios

Kono Giorno Giovanna yume ga aru