Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways to reduce server lags

Default Ways to reduce server lags

Here's some ways to reduce server lags

Player :

1. On personal settings : Disable public broadcasts
    2. Turn friend notifications off : Every time your friend logs in and notification shows thats a half a second mini lag
    3. Turn guild notifications off : ^^^^^^
    4. Graphics to the lowest
    5. Music and sfx volume off

Developer :

1. Add an option to disable seeing, Worlds getting nuked, players getting banned. Cause everytime that thing pops is another half a second mini lag (this affects a lot in planting, harvesting, breaking)

Moderators :

1. Focus on banning spammers! In my opinion they take about 30% of players online, You can find them easily on buy+ worlds

Buy+ owners

1. Make your world level requirement at least level 5
    2. World timer set to 10 mins so spammers would have a difficult time, rather than leaving spam bots for 10 hours straight

That is all.

Please consider taking part of these suggestions as growtopia right now is very laggy and unplayable. Unless you know... Get a better server

Quote Originally Posted by spotch View Post
    Developer :

1. Add an option to disable seeing, Worlds getting nuked, players getting banned. Cause everytime that thing pops is another half a second mini lag (this affects a lot in planting, harvesting, breaking)
    This feature was already included in the chat update.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    This feature was already included in the chat update.
    If by that you mean /radio i don't think it works i might be wrong cause i still see worlds getting nuked.

If by that you mean /radio i don't think it works i might be wrong cause i still see worlds getting nuked.
    Not radio. The custom tab on the chat gives you the ability to enable or disable the type of chat you wish to see.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Player :

2. Turn friend notifications off : Every time your friend logs in and notification shows thats a half a second mini lag

Developer :

Disabled almost anything that possibly causing the game lag, doesn't make a difference.
    You can change in your personal setting > disable to see public broadcast. And you won't be able to see any broadcast showing up including World Nuked / Player banned
    IGN : Hyposus

Just an Old Growtopia Player that waste wls

Quote Originally Posted by HypZeus View Post
    You can change in your personal setting > disable to see public broadcast. And you won't be able to see any broadcast showing up including World Nuked / Player banned
    Naaa fam doesn't work on me, I still see worlds getting nuked and players getting banned.

Client / connection lags are different from server lags. Disabling anything from personal settings I think does not make sense to reduce server lags because its only loaded from client side. But another thing that listed is good and ok
    Signatured.

Easy! Just either have a really good connection so that you won't be able to lag out often or you can use my backup plan...

Don't play the game at all!
    Jkjk don't take it too seriously

Player :

Developer :

Moderators :

1. Focus on banning spammers! In my opinion they take about 30% of players online, You can find them easily on buy+ worlds

Buy+ owners

2. World timer set to 10 mins so spammers would have a difficult time, rather than leaving spam bots for 10 hours straight

That is all.

Please consider taking part of these suggestions as growtopia right now is very laggy and unplayable. Unless you know... Get a better server
    I think that a "Multi-Billion Dollar" Company can just upgrade the servers and it will all get fixed. (Literally Torture to harvest trees when there is 50k people online)
    One for all
    All for one
    We are strong
    We are one
    One for all
    All for one
    We are one (nemeses)
    A malicious fever burns
    In our hearts, In our veins
    Your blood, My blood
    All blood runs the same, the same

Quote Originally Posted by emirsenkul View Post
    I think that a "Multi-Billion Dollar" Company can just upgrade the servers and it will all get fixed. (Literally Torture to harvest trees when there is 50k people online)
    they don't profit enough from Growtopia, they don't see a point to upgrade it
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    they don't profit enough from Growtopia, they don't see a point to upgrade it
    Exactly. I feel very frustrated that I am unable to play this game properly with the server lagging out every 2-3 minutes, but at the same time I kind of understand the company's decision to not upgrade the servers? Like this game has so many problems that, as proven by their continued presence in this game, I bet the developers/moderators feel kind of burnt out by this game. I don't really feel that the game makes that much money for ubisoft either. Enough to continue working on the game of course, but not enough to care that much about the state of the game.

At this point I've just stopped doing anything that requires constant decent connection as soon as it reaches 40k+ players, because it really burns me out as well.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

Player :

Developer :

Moderators :

Buy+ owners

That is all.

These player settings only affect if you have slow connection/ping/jitter and you are playing with old/low spec phone. Those have nothing to do with _server_ lag.

Ot. Disabling all notifications would be same to play alone in own world, i could do that also IRL in some dark corner

Thumbs up for guide tho