Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27

Thread: Growstocks is breaking the copyright of Ubisoft

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default Growstocks is breaking the copyright of Ubisoft

    They are putting ADS on their website. Ubisoft clearly says that things like that is prohibited.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBananas View Post
    They are putting ADS on their website. Ubisoft clearly says that things like that is prohibited.
    Growstocks isn’t directly part of Growtopia, and it uses the ads to support the website. Also can I see where Ubisoft said that? I have no idea where it is
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916


    Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

    current active world: powfartsv2

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer RedyMeosjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Philippines 🇵🇭
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBananas View Post
    They are putting ADS on their website. Ubisoft clearly says that things like that is prohibited.
    That rule only applies to only applications and programs I think?
    WOTD: 3 (in BESTBEACHINGT, ANUBIANCITY & ZODIACSKY)


    VOTW: 1 (Out of Growtopia Icon)



  4. #4
    Knight mickey13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Hi there! GrowStocks Manager here.

    We are not violating any of Ubisofts rules. It states that we cannot use their sprites to attract people, and then make profit with the people that we got. While it may seem like that is what we are doing, I can assure you its not. The money from the ads is used to be able to keep GrowStocks' server and website paid for and running. Without the ads, we wouldn't be able to keep GrowStocks alive. Hosting a website isn't cheap. Many moderators know of this project as well, such as Sabaei, Gatello, and even NekoRei.

    If you have any further questions, please contact me on discord at: ChickenF1sh#8757

    Thanks!
    GrowStocks
    The online item price checker for Growtopia.


    IGN: ChickenF1sh (GL)
    World: THSUA
    Discord: ChickenF1sh#8757

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard JesseFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    What?
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Why are you trying to ruin a nice thing, come on mate
    IGN: 3Rite

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JesseFIN View Post
    Why are you trying to ruin a nice thing, come on mate
    Because they're bored and wants to ruin things?

  7. #7
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I suggest you not to overlook the efforts of GrowStocks editors. They are doing their best to provide precise, real-time information to the Growtopians. (even though they get little incentive by their work)

    Also, if you want to criticize someone, make sure that you are aware of the correct information. When you create a website, you'll need a hosting platform, a domain, and other extra tools, which costs quite lots of money. That's why the devs are putting ads to minimize their potential loss of money to keep the site active

    FYI, I am not the editor of Growstocks nor affiliated with the website. I just wanted to tell ya the appropriate way to create such thread.

    I am sorry if you felt offended because of my thread.

  8. #8
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Hello CivilMod,

    Please re-read my reply. I was not referring to GrowStocks at all.
    Well, I made a mistake.
    I should have tagged the original thread. Sorry m8

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CivilMod View Post
    Well, I made a mistake of tagging original thread. I am sorry m8
    It's okay, I respect your efforts in GrowStocks. Keep up the good work

  10. #10
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    It's okay, I respect your efforts in GrowStocks. Keep up the good work
    Thank you for understanding. Though I am not currently participating in their job. I think their initial objective was quite awesome.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBananas View Post
    They are putting ADS on their website. Ubisoft clearly says that things like that is prohibited.
    The money is used to pay the domain .xyz

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Tangramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
    Hi there! GrowStocks Manager here.

    We are not violating any of Ubisofts rules. It states that we cannot use their sprites to attract people, and then make profit with the people that we got. While it may seem like that is what we are doing, I can assure you its not. The money from the ads is used to be able to keep GrowStocks' server and website paid for and running. Without the ads, we wouldn't be able to keep GrowStocks alive. Hosting a website isn't cheap. Many moderators know of this project as well, such as Sabaei, Gatello, and even NekoRei.

    If you have any further questions, please contact me on discord at: ChickenF1sh#8757

    Thanks!
    Not only that, you're in the wrong subforum.


    growsdfmovie - june 2020

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •