Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Dear Ubisoft, Please Get Yourself Together.

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Ica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    765

    Default Dear Ubisoft, Please Get Yourself Together.

    So as of recently I’ve been diving into this adventure/puzzle-solving type of thing called INFINITELOOP. If you know what it is then you know how insane it gets. The course is over 200 worlds and 15 hours long. So when I was a few hours deep, I started getting moments when the game would just freeze. Like I’d be in mid air and freeze. It had been happening to me for a while but it was a bit more mellow when it happened then. Now however, it was horrendous where my game froze for minutes at a time and these lag spikes happened every 5 seconds. It made growtopia practically unplayable as a whole because I couldn’t even say something or move without my screen freezing. Please do something about this. It has been around a month since I’ve come back and I’ve seen no change whatsoever. This isn’t me trying to call you out or ridicule you guys, this is genuine constructive criticism to make you aware that there’s a problem. It’s become hard to even do regular tasks like say hi to friends because of this. I just want it to end.

    Disclaimer: This is only for mobile I'm pretty sure. I’ve asked many of my friends and the ones on mobile have told me they have this issue while my friends on PC say they don’t have a problem with this.

    Before you say “well I don’t get those maybe it just your internet”, my internet is fine as I don’t get any slow net messages when my game comes back, plus I can run things like YouTube, Netflix, and other games on my phone perfectly fine. I have an iPhone 8 so the Phone itself shouldn’t be an issue either.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

    Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

    Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Bobotov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Allow me to quote something I said related.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobotov View Post
    Bruh just fix this already. How incompetent are you people? You prioritize adding features rather than fix bugs??? I have been asking you to fix this for almost a year???????? Same with others who are having related issues. People keep bumping threads over and over again, and no administrator replies. Show us you care. Be transparent. You also never respond to criticism.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...port-Growtopia!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-t-start-still
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...Getting-Hacked
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-did-an-oopsie
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...o-talk-!/page2
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-items/page3
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ont-care-about
    -----------------

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...n-mail-for-AAP

    This person is unable to play Growtopia on another device. He keeps bumping the threads yet he gets barley any response from an administrator. He has been constantly bumping the thread to the point it’s almost reaching 4 PAGES, yet no update to the situation!

    Remember that auto ban carnival bug? Yeah I bet you do. I remember it got merged and then then the thread went silent. No response from anyone (administrators). Someone posted a link to an adult website and it stayed there for at least 2-3 days. The bug wasn’t fixed until a month or two later if I recall.

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=auto+carnival

    I would also like to point out something with support (this is my view). Someone makes a thread about how they’re getting no response from support or they get some crappy copy-paste reply. When it gets out of hand and others start disliking support, an administrator replies saying “hey pm me your ticket ID.” They then get priority support over others. Same thing happened to Tery when his account got hijacked I believe. He got priority rather than others because he’s a youtuber who advertises the game. People disliked that as well if I recall.

    For the love of god please respond to me regarding what i said above. You can also PM me if you want. Don't lock this thread with a poor response.

    By the way, I have also messaged almost every staff member with my concerns I said above long ago, but none have gotten back to me

    I may as well post it here because NONE of you responded.

    I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I sure as hell don't like it. My issue with you people is that you lack transparency. When someone comes forward with an issue or bug, you either give a half-assed response, barley reply to the thread, or don't reply to the thread at all, making people think you are ignoring the issue. I made several threads asking for the resolution issue for the iPad Pro 2018 model to be fixed. The first one I made back in June. JUNE. No moderator or administrator replied to the thread. I would also like to point out that You never respond to criticism. I have seen thread after thread, post after post, criticizing on what I said above about transparency and other things but you never respond? Why? Is it you are afraid of backlash? Just come forward with SOMETHING regarding the criticism. Something is better than nothing. An example is that god awful ad you put on youtube with the "noob : pro" format that you see on awful mobile ads, that promotes false advertisement. You never responded to that and jesus god that made me cringe.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-did-an-oopsie
    Maybe this will force you to make a response.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    So as of recently I’ve been diving into this adventure/puzzle-solving type of thing called INFINITELOOP. If you know what it is then you know how insane it gets. The course is over 200 worlds and 15 hours long. So when I was a few hours deep, I started getting moments when the game would just freeze. Like I’d be in mid air and freeze. It had been happening to me for a while but it was a bit more mellow when it happened then. Now however, it was horrendous where my game froze for minutes at a time and these lag spikes happened every 5 seconds. It made growtopia practically unplayable as a whole because I couldn’t even say something or move without my screen freezing. Please do something about this. It has been around a month since I’ve come back and I’ve seen no change whatsoever. This isn’t me trying to call you out or ridicule you guys, this is genuine constructive criticism to make you aware that there’s a problem. It’s become hard to even do regular tasks like say hi to friends because of this. I just want it to end.

    Disclaimer: This is only for mobile I'm pretty sure. I’ve asked many of my friends and the ones on mobile have told me they have this issue while my friends on PC say they don’t have a problem with this.

    Before you say “well I don’t get those maybe it just your internet”, my internet is fine as I don’t get any slow net messages when my game comes back, plus I can run things like YouTube, Netflix, and other games on my phone perfectly fine. I have an iPhone 8 so the Phone itself shouldn’t be an issue either.
    I’m having the same issue, these are random FPS drops that somehow also result in server timeouts, I’ve noticed that disabling messages and broadcasts, lowering graphics helps a minor amount, however issues like this should not be happening my phone (It is also and IPhone 8 btw, maybe this has something to do with this?) (This has also resulted in me disconnecting from the INFINITELOOP too, however this does not only happen in the infiniteloop it happens everywhere, just to clarify)
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

    Insta @Lopyhupis


    Visit BUYTUXEDOS





  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Ica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    I’m having the same issue, these are random FPS drops that somehow also result in server timeouts, I’ve noticed that disabling messages and broadcasts, lowering graphics helps a minor amount, however issues like this should not be happening my phone (It is also and IPhone 8 btw, maybe this has something to do with this?) (This has also resulted in me disconnecting from the INFINITELOOP too, however this does not only happen in the infiniteloop it happens everywhere, just to clarify)
    I’ve tried the method of turning off music and lowering graphics and I always have my broadcasts off, but sometimes it gets even worse when I do that. It’s really strange.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobotov View Post
    Allow me to quote something I said related.
    What you said is definitely true. Ubisoft just avoids anyone who isn’t a YouTuber and keeps churning out monthly updates in hopes that it’ll make you look away from that the game is slow/bugged. We need a change.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

    Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

    Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    2,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobotov View Post
    Allow me to quote something I said related.
    where is this post

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Bobotov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    where is this post
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ad-Pro-11-inch

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    4,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobotov View Post
    Allow me to quote something I said related.
    Dear god that ad is absolutely terrible in every way

    Signature v9.2


    Art by Intensifies (thank you!)
    https://i.postimg.cc/NjzM0nBP/20200311-223919.png
    Previous sigpic by Parpul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Bobotov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Allow me to cite the part in my post regarding Tery and his support stuff

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...is-items-back&

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...table-players&

    I would also like to point out something with support (this is my view). Someone makes a thread about how they’re getting no response from support or they get some crappy copy-paste reply. When it gets out of hand and others start disliking support, an administrator replies saying “hey pm me your ticket ID.” They then get priority support over others. Same thing happened to Tery when his account got hijacked I believe. He got priority rather than others because he’s a youtuber who advertises the game. People disliked that as well if I recall.

    Btw i’ll keep saying this: encrypt the save.dat file already for crying out loud. All of the contents in the file (usernames and passwords to all accounts that have been logged into the client) can be viewed instantly. I’ve seen gt hacks clients able to do this. Pls do something >:c

    RESPOND. SOMEONE, ANYONE. Don’t just ignore us!!


    Show us you care. Be transparent.
    Be like Discord (and ccleaner) and make occasional transparency blogs/reports

    https://blog.discordapp.com/discord-...1-4f288bf952c9

    https://blog.discordapp.com/discord-...9-7e6d43a9bcb8

    https://www.ccleaner.com/news/blog/s...-windows-users

    Also SmartWaffle has been asking for this cooking bug to be fixed
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-been-5-months
    Last edited by Bobotov; 04-06-2020 at 08:21 AM.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Ica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Bumping this
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

    Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

    Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Ica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Bumping this again since ubi hasn’t responded yet.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

    Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

    Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Misthios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Hey, everyone.

    We're aware of the recent increase in lag - though I'll be sure to reiterate this to the team along with sending them this thread with additional details.

    As for the concerns in the replies - I hear you. I do try to read the forums whenever I have the time and respond to issues where I can. Communication is important and the bridge between the players and the staff is something I wanted to help build when I signed on as a moderator. So, with that in mind: I'm happy to have you all express your concerns and/or link me to other, unanswered concerns in this thread. I'll do my best to get some answers/information regarding them.

    If you've already posted in this thread, please reiterate your concerns. Though I'd appreciate you keep it brief without unnecessary rants - it'll allow me to gauge the problem quicker and provide a response or ask for information from someone who can.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard 2ego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    296

    Default

    I'm on PC, and yeah, the lag spikes have been a problem there too. They always occur when people /fc or /gc (and get online/offline), therefore I have to disable those during daily challenges. Broadcasts and people entering (before it doesn't show that people enter) the world also cause lag spikes. But above all, music blocks cause MASSIVE lag spikes... and it's been a problem for YEARS. I'm sure the staff have heard of it many times already, yet the problem of this size is still not fixed...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •