Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Permanently Silenced? Um, why?

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Kuishie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    393

    Default Permanently Silenced? Um, why?

    Hi, I'm Kuishie, my IGN is also Kuishie, have been playing Growtopia for 4 years, 1200+ hours of gameplay. I do free art for other Growtopians.

    Today I woke up, opened my Growtopia, and when my friend warped to me to talk, I was confused why my player wasn't talking. Then I discovered when wrenching myself, I was silenced, permanently (No timer).

    I don't understand why this happened to me, yes I can admit I can be vulgar at times but not vulgar specifically at people, I only swear for the comedic effect of it, for jokes. I don't swear AT people, and if I did, it was purely meant to be a joke.

    spoilered it cause its too long


    If someone reported me because I was using verbal abuse against them, I wasn't, and I don't anymore, I swear for the joke of it. and I don't spam either. How come actually toxic players still keep their voices, while people like me who barely did anything wrong lost it? I love this community and I love giving them free art from myself, I love talking to the community about the interesting new features Ubisoft has implemented, and just talking to the community in general. But I'm muted, from talking? Forever? And actually toxic players can still talk? This is unfair muting, as this is permanent silence for an account I have been playing on for almost 4 years, because I sweared that's not even directly aimed at someone.

    I apologize if I just gave the forums another lousy complaint thread about them being muted, but this is the only place left where I can talk, I want to know why I was permanently muted. Without a single warning.
    IGN: Kuishie

    i make art thats it :3

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishie View Post
    Hi, I'm Kuishie, my IGN is also Kuishie, have been playing Growtopia for 4 years, 1200+ hours of gameplay. I do free art for other Growtopians.

    Today I woke up, opened my Growtopia, and when my friend warped to me to talk, I was confused why my player wasn't talking. Then I discovered when wrenching myself, I was silenced, permanently (No timer).

    I don't understand why this happened to me, yes I can admit I can be vulgar at times but not vulgar specifically at people, I only swear for the comedic effect of it, for jokes. I don't swear AT people, and if I did, it was purely meant to be a joke.

    spoilered it cause its too long


    If someone reported me because I was using verbal abuse against them, I wasn't, and I don't anymore, I swear for the joke of it. and I don't spam either. How come actually toxic players still keep their voices, while people like me who barely did anything wrong lost it? I love this community and I love giving them free art from myself, I love talking to the community about the interesting new features Ubisoft has implemented, and just talking to the community in general. But I'm muted, from talking? Forever? And actually toxic players can still talk? This is unfair muting, as this is permanent silence for an account I have been playing on for almost 4 years, because I sweared that's not even directly aimed at someone.

    I apologize if I just gave the forums another lousy complaint thread about them being muted, but this is the only place left where I can talk, I want to know why I was permanently muted. Without a single warning.
    If this is real, then it's either pretty unfair or you must've said something bad. However I heard that a bunch of players have been getting silenced lately. By any chance have you been to the world LOVE recently?
    -
    Actually, the reason why players are getting silenced is because the mods are becoming more active when it comes to well uh, silencing.. however I don't understand why you got permanently silenced unless you said some terrible things.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    i like dragons they're cool

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Kuishie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Yes, I have been going to LOVE recently, but only to talk to other people due to boredom and nothing left to do. I do say vulgar words/"something bad" in the said world, but it's purely meant to be a joke, or meant to be how I call my "homies" or friends. I don't go to LOVE to just offend and swear at the people there. I go there to hang out, to chat to other people. I never directly wanted to use verbal abuse or even spam there. I just want to hang out.

    I would have understood if the silence lasted for a few days, a week, multiple weeks like other people, but what I got is the permanent version of silence, and again(sorry this is getting annoying), I have NOT used verbal abuse against someone.
    IGN: Kuishie

    i make art thats it :3

  4. #4
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Im in my mums car
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I also got silenced. Apparently everyone keeps getting silenced in love. The mods are probably trying something new to spot spammers and ppl with profanity. Although Nekorei said in a similar post that you guys are either saying offensive stuff or spamming. Even though we just talking to ppl. I hope they unsilence ppl. Or at least if theyre gonna give like a ban show some proof like a chat log or something :/

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Misthios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Hi, Kuishie!

    Your silence - along with all other silences in the same batch - is only three days long. It isn't permanent, there's just no displayed timer when you wrench yourself. We actively check worlds like LOVE and other worlds where many verbal infractions take place, and we don't hesitate to dish out punishment for them (even a day or so after the fact).

    Be more careful about what you say in the future, and be more considerate of The Growtopian Code when deciding to engage in inappropriate content in-game. Your silence will be removed in three days.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Hi, Kuishie!

    Your silence - along with all other silences in the same batch - is only three days long. It isn't permanent, there's just no displayed timer when you wrench yourself. We actively check worlds like LOVE and other worlds where many verbal infractions take place, and we don't hesitate to dish out punishment for them (even a day or so after the fact).

    Be more careful about what you say in the future, and be more considerate of The Growtopian Code when deciding to engage in inappropriate content in-game. Your silence will be removed in three days.
    ah yes there are bad people here so let's punish absolutely everyone, and don't give them any context this is a great idea
    h
    IGN : C21H23NO5


  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    ah yes there are bad people here so let's punish absolutely everyone, and don't give them any context this is a great idea
    Honestly they should've given them a reason as to why they were silenced, like maybe a pop-up when they log on stating the reason for their silence so they don't go rushing to and flooding support.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to Dynnie <3
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    i like dragons they're cool

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    I think it should display when the effect will be removed. It does this for any effect and having no timer for it makes players think its forever.
    Retired poster

    Random stuff in GOLA

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El diez View Post
    so if i say like *unt instead of count i will be punished

    QUE
    If you say it to where it’s obviously a mistake like, “I’m counting....” but you misspelt it then I doubt you will get muted.
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

    Insta @Lopyhupis


    Visit BUYTUXEDOS





  10. #10

    Default

    Same happened to me check my thread.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Hi, Kuishie!

    Your silence - along with all other silences in the same batch - is only three days long. It isn't permanent, there's just no displayed timer when you wrench yourself. We actively check worlds like LOVE and other worlds where many verbal infractions take place, and we don't hesitate to dish out punishment for them (even a day or so after the fact).

    Be more careful about what you say in the future, and be more considerate of The Growtopian Code when deciding to engage in inappropriate content in-game. Your silence will be removed in three days.
    Thanks for clarifying. I am at ease now. I was also one of the many who got taped. Yes I was in the world LOVE but honestly idk wut I said. I was worried if I was silenced permanently but 3 days sounds fine to me. Thanks again.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer RaySia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sia’s Basement
    Posts
    2,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Honestly they should've given them a reason as to why they were silenced, like maybe a pop-up when they log on stating the reason for their silence so they don't go rushing to and flooding support.
    There really isn't a need to give a reason. Everyone knows what crimes they've done and that's enough should easily answer their questions.



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •