Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My personal derby ratings

Default My personal derby ratings

This thread is purely my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with me.
    I'll update as more are posted.

*edit - while i have attached the renders so you can see what worlds i am refering to, i highly encourage you to also visit them in game before forming your full opinion on them.

GOGOTOPIAN:

RABBITHOLERUN:

KENTUCKYTRACK:

ABERDALERACE:

WORLDWIDETRACK:

AQUADERBY:

FERARRIF1:

OWDERBY:

SWIRLDERBY:

TEMPLEOFLOVES:

EASTERKYDERBY:

THEARCTICDERBY:

DERBYSEGA:

AFATHERANDSON:

INVADERZIM:

CROCS23/FAIRYTAILDERBY:

METROPRIX:

THEHAPPYEASTER:

TOYSTORYDERBY:

RIDETHERACE:

NEONDERBY:

CHASINGGROUDON:

THELAVARACE:

DREAMREWIND:

COLOURDERBY:

VIRTUALGP:

PACMANSDERBY:

*max attachments reached
    continued here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...67#post4214567
    Last edited by IamIm; 04-08-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 116/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

No world render and justification for your criticism? This seems lazily written and quickly made, regardless if the feedback is accurate or not.
    34 World of the Days won.
    3 World Building Competitions placed in.

Quote Originally Posted by IamIm View Post

THEARCTICDERBY:
    Few things.
    1. The pixel arts look exactly the same as the in game sprites, so are you just saying the sprites look bad in general? it makes no sense.
    2. I can add arrows for where you need to go, that's fair enough.
    3. The broken cave background is the main part of the aesthetic, it shows glimpses of the snowy weather in the background and gives it a good look.
    4. I purposely made it so that snowy rocks were in clusters, not just lines because I know how bad they can be. The only point in which I made them in lines was when I needed to because of how the track was designed.
    5. The white blocks were there to add texture so that the world didn't just look like bland grey snowy rocks.
    6. The tangram was because I needed to fill space, and I still used it in the race as the final stretch so its not like it's just sitting there doing nothing.

Also before going and crapping on others derbies, how about you make one of your own if ours are "so bad".
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

This could piss a lot of people off

IGN: HeroPlaya
    Level 118

This list isn't necessary. It'll just hurt people's feelings. Maybe you could personally message them rather than post about it?
    IGN: ShadowGraal
    Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
    Legendary Dragon+Bot Owner
    Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

i am thankful i even got a 4/10, i really do enjoy racing, and building races, and love the feedback.
    races can come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, you could build an environmental race, or have it revolve around a pixel art, or go through it, and i still see these as races. I will try to improve my race to the highest i think it can be and i wish everyone good luck!
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    Few things.
    1. The pixel arts look exactly the same as the in game sprites, so are you just saying the sprites look bad in general? it makes no sense.
    2. I can add arrows for where you need to go, that's fair enough.
    3. The broken cave background is the main part of the aesthetic, it shows glimpses of the snowy weather in the background and gives it a good look.
    4. I purposely made it so that snowy rocks were in clusters, not just lines because I know how bad they can be. The only point in which I made them in lines was when I needed to because of how the track was designed.
    5. The white blocks were there to add texture so that the world didn't just look like bland grey snowy rocks.
    6. The tangram was because I needed to fill space, and I still used it in the race as the final stretch so its not like it's just sitting there doing nothing.

Also before going and crapping on others derbies, how about you make one of your own if ours are "so bad".
    1. you quite literally described the problem. they are the in game sprites, not very original.
    2. arrows are always nice to have, thank you.
    3. personal preference for the broken background i guess.
    4. yes i appreciate that there are clusters at the top. the race would be improved if you varied the width of the blocks and the width of the gaps between the blocks.
    5. again, personal preference i suppose.
    6. there are better space fillers than Tangram text, not sure if you read the other reviews but i did mention that world render should not be a high priority thing.

I was not "Crapping" on other derbies, I did like both neonderby and metroprix. i hope for more like these. Sorry if you were offended, I'm not one for sugar coating things.

I have also made my own derby, you can check at GREENHILLDERBY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    This list isn't necessary. It'll just hurt people's feelings. Maybe you could personally message them rather than post about it?
    given that the vote is a community vote, i see no reason as to not voice my opinion publicly also.
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

I don't get what you guys are on about, the title literally says PERSONAL ratings. So you shouldn't feel insulted because he gave you his, and I emphasise, PERSONAL opinions. It's just his own vision of what a race world should be. Him making worlds or not should never be an argument made to silence criticism.
    IGN: TheJackerino (Used to be known as MagicalJack)
    Previous name on the forums: Jackjeff01

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    No world render and justification for your criticism? This seems lazily written and quickly made, regardless if the feedback is accurate or not.
    I was tossing up whether to include renders or not, decided against since i am not an advocate for "design for the render"
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

Quote Originally Posted by IamIm View Post
    1. you quite literally described the problem. they are the in game sprites, not very original.
    2. arrows are always nice to have, thank you.
    3. personal preference for the broken background i guess.
    4. yes i appreciate that there are clusters at the top. the race would be improved if you varied the width of the blocks and the width of the gaps between the blocks.
    5. again, personal preference i suppose.
    6. there are better space fillers than Tangram text, not sure if you read the other reviews but i did mention that world render should not be a high priority thing.

I was not "Crapping" on other derbies, I did like both neonderby and metroprix. i hope for more like these. Sorry if you were offended, I'm not one for sugar coating things.

I have also made my own derby, you can check at GREENHILLDERBY
    Everything here is understandable except #1. If you were trying to say that they were unoriginal to begin with, then yeah I totally get it. It’s not original, as I’m not too good of an artist so I’m working with what I got but the way you worded it in the review made it seem like they just looked bad in general, not that they were unoriginal.

Also, I’ll check out your derby
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

kinda gaE, now judge TANGDERBY

IGN: MadMewMew

Suggested:
    • Floating Speaker
    • Pet Egg
    • Steampunk Goggles
    • Fiesta Coati Scarf
    • Mud Puddle
    • Money Aura

Master 💩poster

These are interesting. I might make one as well. I suggest adding renders though since IDK what worlds you're talking about (I can help you with that if you're lazy).

Looking forward for you to rate my world, Im.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24