Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Something HAS to be done about magplants/rayman (please read).

Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!

On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    I agree, dl prices have dropped. And I see all these players who were "middle class" now have like 50+ dls which is considered nowadays a normality. Things which jump in price or are too overpowered should be limited like phoenix wings (only 500 players could obtain these) or like golden angels. These two are okay, because they are rare, but an item that jumps in price and is available to anyone for a whole month....ugh.
    /msg Ailill if you want to chill

"Follow the white rabbit"

Quote Originally Posted by Noobified View Post
    Why don’t we just remove the three punch effect of Rayman’s fist and give people a month’s warning?

As for magplant, remove the remote effect? Same month or two warning.
    Oh, now I see what I am saying here. Took a step back.

What I am trying to say is to make it not so over powered or simply just take away the item’s effects because it is effecting the economy. Give me some pointers here if you disagree.

I am not trolling.
    Yes, I vehemently disagree (albeit respectfully).

If we remove the special effects of Rayman's Fist and Magplant, tons of investors will lose their investments. Because their prices are determined by their utility, if they lose their utility, they lose their value.
    IGN: Demystify
    Rare worlds at DEMYSTLIST.

Essayist.
    Protecting the interests of the upperclass since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    Yes, I vehemently disagree (albeit respectfully).

If we remove the special effects of Rayman's Fist and Magplant, tons of investors will lose their investments. Because their prices are determined by their utility, if they lose their utility, they lose their value.
    Which is why there will be a warning for those to sell while they can if they have an issue, I guess?

Also isn’t it already effecting the economy?
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916

Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

current active world: powfartsv2

Which is why there will be a warning for those to sell while they can if they have an issue, I guess?

Regardless of warning, it wouldn't matter; the instant anything is announced by Ubisoft, prices will drop drastically.

The difference is that whereas the price of these high tier items are risen naturally, or within the economy, Ubisoft is an external force that acts on the prices -- which disintegrates all hope for corporate trust.

Essayist.

Regardless of warning, it wouldn't matter; the instant anything is announced by Ubisoft, prices will drop drastically.

The difference is that whereas the price of these high tier items are risen naturally, or within the economy, Ubisoft is an external force that acts on the prices -- which disintegrates all hope for corporate trust.
    So, what should we do then?
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916

Focused eyes: 2/100 Growtokens

current active world: powfartsv2

So, what should we do then?
    Absolutely nothing. I don't see it as an issue. Just don't make these kind of limited items that have such versatile functionality. Ubisoft does seem to have learned their lesson, though.

Essayist.

I'm neutral on magplants and rayman but I want to comment on tournament. Yes, it seems unfair for someone to win 1200dls in 5days, but if we look at this from a different perspective, the high value of the prize is what revived tournament. Boosting isn't that easy to get away with either, since misthios is constantly monitoring the tournament (over 4 cheaters were banned during this tournament). I am currently ranked top 3 in the leaderboard, and that took me 13 hours of grinding each day. IMO, tournament is the only place where skill is actually rewarded, as you can not just "buy" a rank. The price of the statue is decided by supply and demand, I wouldn't nerf it. However, I do suggest adding uses to the other statues, but without replacing the golden statue.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Master Sorcerer

That's just a very bad idea.

Giving warning that the effect will be removed = no one will buy the item, thus it cannot be sold which also leads to diminish in value fast.

The economy is already affected, there's nothing we can do to make it go back
    IGN: DurpDub
    ​Instagram: DurpDub_GT
    VEND SHOP IN QPYR
    [SIZE=4]CRIME CARDS, HIDDEN RICHES ITEMS, PAINT BUCKETS, BAITS, AND MORE!

Lesser Wizard

Absolutely nothing. I don't see it as an issue. Just don't make these kind of limited items that have such versatile functionality. Ubisoft does seem to have learned their lesson, though.
    Yea, they addressed this a couple years ago already. Don't think they will ever be releasing any iotm that has farming benefits/can speed up certain processes.
    They just gotta leave it for what it is, I as a retired player recently came back because of boredom related to the corona virus. So theres more wls to spend now all of a sudden. I also am not the only player that has come back i noticed. This also leads to there being more wls circulated in the community again, more ppl with wls to spend= people willing to offer more for certain items.
    I think this thread should be closed .

I bought Rayman for 1 DL before I quit and now sold it for 49 DLs. Now it is 60+ DLs... Is this a joke? I mean I am fine with the profit I have made but watching Growtopia's economy dying is unacceptable...

Lesser Wizard

Default idea just popped into my head

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    I actually agree with it.. Change it somewhat like a stable demanded priced. I really like it only to Locke ofc dont make those item worth 1bgl that will cost more mayhem.

Lets say put the price at 25 DLS And A Bunch Of Gtokens? from locke. Surely that would make those pricing stable
    or even better just make them cost growtokens like grip tape, as im sure the price would drop, not sure how much it would drop though
    For ez dls click the link to the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSoiSNbzdEA

Has anyone mentioned this? but like for the Magplant, just remove it's remote feature from the public and only world owners/admin can use it. This would partly kill off most bfgs
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!