Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Something HAS to be done about magplants/rayman (please read).

Default Something HAS to be done about magplants/rayman (please read).

Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!

On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Lesser Wizard

Default THAT IS A AMAZING IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!

On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    i agree with you SO MUCH and i really want you to check out my last post but the idea to add them to locke is amazing
    i dont care about you or your problems

ubisoft isnt in charge of the economy, fake price rises are going to happen, and no one can change that.
    even adding them to locke wont be good because people will complain that they bought for 60 dls (in the future) and they will be angry that its 40 or 50 dls and not more
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

As much as I agree that the price increase is certainly steep, I still don't believe in economy interference for high priced items like the magplant or rayman, which were designed to be limited.

The problem that I think is more subtle is inflation of the WL -- especially after increasing IAP returns, new IAPs like the Road to Glory, which further devalue gems and world locks. Inflation is pretty bad. World locks simply don't have the same buying power anymore, especially for high tier items like GHC.
    IGN: Demystify
    Rare worlds at DEMYSTLIST.

Essayist.
    Protecting the interests of the upperclass since 2013.

Lesser Knight

I see that price of some iotms are going up due to limited access. However, if devs allow monthly items to be purchased through other methods, it will ruin the initial intention of monthly-item policy. Those items are literally born to be special.

Yes, the price of raymans and magplants are going up. But it should be considered as one of the in-game features.
    Growtopia is a MMO game that mimics the real life, therefore, we should accept that as an economic phonomenon regardless of the price change of certain items.

The functions of magplants and rayman fists are OPTIONAL as well. You can still place and break blocks without those items. Though it is true that those items makes us much easier to do so.

TL;DR
    Devs might take some actions regarding prive change of Rayman and Magplants to prevent further damages to the society. However, increasing the number of total items isn't the only solution. Instead, we can assume that they can nerf some features of such items, making less people to buy them.

Lesser Wizard

Default and?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    ubisoft isnt in charge of the economy, fake price rises are going to happen, and no one can change that.
    even adding them to locke wont be good because people will complain that they bought for 60 dls (in the future) and they will be angry that its 40 or 50 dls and not more
    ubisoft has screwed people over like that before and its not like its going to happen again. also sooner or later magplants will go extinct
    i dont care about you or your problems

Thumbs down

If they add rayman to lokce then all the farmable economy will be drop

Quote Originally Posted by MathAddict View Post
    If they add rayman to lokce then all the farmable economy will be drop
    i think we should also take this into consideration here. These items were that at rn already ruined farmables. Yes they made farming way easier and now new players can progress faster but this isnt the way to do it. Gems are worthless now with nothing big to spend them on.

If Jisam's idea gets implemented i would say reduce the amount of gems all items give or increase store prices.

or even just add more ways to use gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    i think we should also take this into consideration here. These items were that at rn already ruined farmables. Yes they made farming way easier and now new players can progress faster but this isnt the way to do it. Gems are worthless now with nothing big to spend them on.

If Jisam's idea gets implemented i would say reduce the amount of gems all items give or increase store prices.

or even just add more ways to use gems.
    Yes, magplants/raymans made it easier to auto farm aswell.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Default My idea

If I had the power to control growtopia, then I would make gems untradeable and double all the gems prices on the store. It wouldn't only make people need to hard work for gems but it could also fix the damage that magplants and raymans have done. I also have another idea but I don't know if you guys will agree with me or not. My other idea is to make magplants can't be placed in a builder lock. This idea might be disagreed by alot of people but let me explain why. With no more bfg's and making gems untradeable could make gem inflation fixed. On the other hand, new players will now need to search more ways on getting profit.

This is just my opinion don't get it too seriously

My english may not be the best but atleast I could talk
    Oof

Squire

Default AMESOME IDEA GT PLS DO THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post

i really hope growtopia does this

Perhaps make magplants/raymans untradeable-- with a 3 month warning for those who want to sell them?

Then add them to Locke for an announced price(this way anyone who wants it can get it in the future).

This way mags/raymans will be obtainable, and most importantly, their prices will be controlled.