Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 140

Thread: Something HAS to be done about magplants/rayman (please read).

  1. #109
    Lesser Wizard Tituksss GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.
    I so so so so so agree

  2. #110
    Master Sorcerer Wrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    Adding more phoenix wings wouldn't do much good either.

    also, magplants are what ruined the economy, bfgs made it easy to earn wls, causing more people to be rich and increases a demand for more items, that's how inflation works.
    Okay, let's talk about vending machines also. I used to earn worldlocks by selling rare blocks to world builders such as STYX. Now, I can't. BFG made it so easy to earn worldlock, that is right but the price of almost everything raised proportionally.

    I'm a player from 2013, I know the old times when we were breaking steel block to earn gems. And I'm sure Ubisoft made the game better than it was. To sum up, nerfing them or adding them to Locke won't be a solution. It will make things worse.


    ps. Yesterday's noobs get rich from casinos, not from BFG.
    Discord: Wrix#5799

  3. #111
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrix View Post
    Okay, let's talk about vending machines also. I used to earn worldlocks by selling rare blocks to world builders such as STYX. Now, I can't. BFG made it so easy to earn worldlock, that is right but the price of almost everything raised proportionally.

    I'm a player from 2013, I know the old times when we were breaking steel block to earn gems. And I'm sure Ubisoft made the game better than it was. To sum up, nerfing them or adding them to Locke won't be a solution. It will make things worse.


    ps. Yesterday's noobs get rich from casinos, not from BFG.
    many of the suggestions were to change how it works, clearly adding mags and Rayman backs will make things worse, one of the suggestions was letting the Magplant remote being accessible to only the owner. that would kill most of the bfgs
    IGN : Liquify

    support my wholesome Axolotl thread!


  4. #112
    Master Sorcerer Musicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Over the rainbow (SG)
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Wait, if you add them to locke, wouldn't that means sooner or later, farmables and the seed will be pretty much worthless? 200/wl and soon, it will be a problem, no one will even bother farming. Plus from what I heard from other threads too, mods are not in control of the economy. So I highly doubt they will sell it in locke.
    IGN:Fervors

    Do give a visit to my main collection world 'Fervors'. Give it a /rate 5 if you enjoyed my collection Thanks! I know it's not much, it's still a mini collection afterall.

  5. #113
    Master Sorcerer Creatorss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Mystery.
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

    Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

    While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

    While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

    A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

    Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!



    On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

    tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    Well I think they have the right price and all because it's an IOTM items so you can't ever obtain it again and also if they do something to those items then it will break GT because of how many players have bought it and all, since it was said they are not obtainable anymore and the item can't be changed. ALSO those items are super duper useful just like Growscan.
    Most of the time people want those items from because they can't afford it, but I'm sure that they won't change anything about it because they are not in charge in the Growtopia economy like that.
    So yeah.
    Support my account protection idea here

    Instagram: Creators.Gt

  6. #114
    Lesser Wizard Processor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    in the Future
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

    Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

    While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

    While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

    A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

    Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!



    On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

    tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    Here's MY BRO! I will AGREE this idea FOREVER. They can release these items again from Locke for 30-50 DLs. There are so much price manipulators and need to do something! I want to buy MY Rayman's Fist but ALWAYS rising/manipulating by the price manipulators!
    ~ "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former..." ~


    Goals:
    - Get Gaia's Beacon (Done!)
    - Level up to 125 (89/125)
    - Get Rayman's Fist (0/1)
    - Get Chaos Corruption from Surgery (Done!)

  7. #115
    Lesser Wizard Prophecisegt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    105

    Default

    This is totally my opinion and from my point of view. You can disagree or agree it doesn't matter.

    Rayman and Mags
    So I've seen many threads nowadays about this 2 items specifically complaining about their price manipulation how it's too expensive for an item like this.

    So for those who claim its price manipulation... Please ask yourself... What makes your price or the buyer's price the 'real price' and the seller's price 'the fake price'? Do keep in mind that the price is determined by the community. The reason why sellers sell at a high price is because there ARE buyers who would buy rayman for 50-60dls. So if there are buyers buying for my price why would I drop it? You may claim 'they are friends trying to rise', you don't know that for sure. Don't spread lies to favour yourself.

    Now for those who want these items added back into the game, read this.

    It's an iotm... They were made to be available for only a month. Adding it back defeats the whole concept of IOTM.

    Adding it back into the game will destroy the community... How you may ask? Mags and rayman will drop drastically since it is now obtainable. Players who invested into it or bought it for a high price would NOT be happy. Autofarmers would be able to afford rayman and mags now as it is cheaper, destroying the gems farmable economy. Soon farmables would be DIRT cheap. Gems would drop even more.

    Then I ask you... What is the point of playing by then?
    I did not create this reply to target or insult anyone. I just wanted to voice out my opinion. I am sorry if I have insulted you in any way, that was not my intention. Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake.

  8. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

    Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

    While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

    While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

    A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

    Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!



    On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

    tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    You guys need to realise that Magplants are not worth the 40 and up Dls pricetag you would never be able to make that amount back i mean yes you could sell it and add the profit to it and yes autofarmers are racking up Dls beacuse of these i say that maybe the remote dissapears every 30 minutes with warnings like a wl can do with worldtimers this might be annoying but it might make autofarmers have to go get it every time and not pull a allnighter autofarming a raymanfist can break 3 blocks wich makes breaking blocks almost 3 times faster wich means 3 times the amount of gems it might be worth the high price it is at but magplant defenetly not. I suggesgt you guyd waking up and seing mags are not worth 40 dls and Add a item to locke for 40 dls that punches 2 blocks at a time or maybe a item that could break blocks in 1 hit that would be awesome aswell just dont make any more Overpowered iotms or this will happen again maybe make a locke bot copy that sells random items once in a month to still add some profit to it it might sell a usefull item one day in a month and not in the next 3 months or maybe 2 months in a row this adds a risk to profit for those who want to still get profit from limited items

  9. #117
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prophecisegt View Post
    This is totally my opinion and from my point of view. You can disagree or agree it doesn't matter.

    Rayman and Mags
    So I've seen many threads nowadays about this 2 items specifically complaining about their price manipulation how it's too expensive for an item like this.

    So for those who claim its price manipulation... Please ask yourself... What makes your price or the buyer's price the 'real price' and the seller's price 'the fake price'? Do keep in mind that the price is determined by the community. The reason why sellers sell at a high price is because there ARE buyers who would buy rayman for 50-60dls. So if there are buyers buying for my price why would I drop it? You may claim 'they are friends trying to rise', you don't know that for sure. Don't spread lies to favour yourself.

    Now for those who want these items added back into the game, read this.

    It's an iotm... They were made to be available for only a month. Adding it back defeats the whole concept of IOTM.

    Adding it back into the game will destroy the community... How you may ask? Mags and rayman will drop drastically since it is now obtainable. Players who invested into it or bought it for a high price would NOT be happy. Autofarmers would be able to afford rayman and mags now as it is cheaper, destroying the gems farmable economy. Soon farmables would be DIRT cheap. Gems would drop even more.

    Then I ask you... What is the point of playing by then?
    I did not create this reply to target or insult anyone. I just wanted to voice out my opinion. I am sorry if I have insulted you in any way, that was not my intention. Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake.
    I agree with almost everything you say, however, gems are dropping in value everyday, since people go to bfgs and get lots of them.
    The best solution would probably be to only let the owner and co-owners of the world pick up the remotes. That way, bfgs could not exist.
    I have no idea what I'm doing

  10. #118
    Lesser Knight BryanPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    36

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    Recently, both magplants and Rayman fists have increased very drastically in price. The magplants rose from 27 to 43 DLs and Rayman fists rose from 46 to 62 DLs, and both items are continuing to climb. These price increases are insane, and not healthy for the economy. In this post I will try to come up with a fair solution to this problem.

    Two of the main reasons these items are rising at an insane rate is the items being limited (iotms), and price manipulators. I don't think that it was a very good idea to make such overpowered items limited. Because they are limited, and are so useful, it becomes insanely easy to manipulate. I get that you guys wanted to revive iotms, but this was clearly not that way to do it, and I think the reason you stopped releasing them was that you realized this. People doing fake trades and spammers have effectively manipulated people into buying magplants and Raymans fists for more and more. While people manipulate prices all the time with other items, iotms such as magplants are insanely easy to manipulate because it is limited.

    While having 2 items with these features does not seem that bad, it is effecting the whole economy. These iotms have already screwed the economy by making the entire middle class rich. People who owned a few magplants (including myself) went from middle class to pretty rich. This meant that all the "pro" items rose because of more people wanting them, leading to huge inflation (the worth of diamond locks going down) the inflation that has occurred because of magplants and raymans is just not healthy for the game.

    While a lot of people think these iotms coming back for a month is the best solution, I personally don't think is the fairest or even best solution. People who paid 40+ dls for these items should not lose that all, as it is not their fault. My suggestion is to add Magplants and Rayman's fist to Locke for 40 and 50 Dls, respectively. This kills two birds with one stone. Firstly, It solves the problem of Magplant/raymans fist without either side complaining too much. Also, adding them to locke is a good Dl sink, which combats inflation (the whole point of locke in the first place). I think this is a solution that is very fair.

    A few people who read this may think that I am biased, but I myself own a few magplants and a rayman. I am not doing this for personal gain, but because I do not want to see Growtopia's economy destroyed. Every time Magplants rise, the value of world locks decreases, making the gap between the rich and poor bigger and bigger.

    Thanks for reading my thread, if you have any thoughts or comments feel free to post them below!



    On another note, tournament is also very broken. Every since the legendary step was added that required a golden dragon statue, it has risen to over 1200 DLs. 1200 DLs should not be given out just for winning the tournament, as it encourages cheating and boosting. My suggestion would be changing the step to any dragon statue, to help control the price.

    tldr: magplants/raymans are ruining the economy, my solution is to add them to Locke.
    True, I think items with special functions should not be included in IOTM. Although many will disagree IOTM should only be limited to character cosmetics.

    Items with special functions should be craftable so it can meet the demand of the ever-growing player base

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Prophecisegt View Post
    This is totally my opinion and from my point of view. You can disagree or agree it doesn't matter.

    Rayman and Mags
    So I've seen many threads nowadays about this 2 items specifically complaining about their price manipulation how it's too expensive for an item like this.

    So for those who claim its price manipulation... Please ask yourself... What makes your price or the buyer's price the 'real price' and the seller's price 'the fake price'? Do keep in mind that the price is determined by the community. The reason why sellers sell at a high price is because there ARE buyers who would buy rayman for 50-60dls. So if there are buyers buying for my price why would I drop it? You may claim 'they are friends trying to rise', you don't know that for sure. Don't spread lies to favour yourself.

    Now for those who want these items added back into the game, read this.

    It's an iotm... They were made to be available for only a month. Adding it back defeats the whole concept of IOTM.

    Adding it back into the game will destroy the community... How you may ask? Mags and rayman will drop drastically since it is now obtainable. Players who invested into it or bought it for a high price would NOT be happy. Autofarmers would be able to afford rayman and mags now as it is cheaper, destroying the gems farmable economy. Soon farmables would be DIRT cheap. Gems would drop even more.

    Then I ask you... What is the point of playing by then?
    I did not create this reply to target or insult anyone. I just wanted to voice out my opinion. I am sorry if I have insulted you in any way, that was not my intention. Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake.
    I think if they will ever get it back to the game. It should be super expensive with every materials will be extremely hard to get so that it would not devastate the economy.

    The Role-Up update would have fix the problem if only the new items has the same function of a MagPlant (remote) but with shorter capacity and also if the drop rate of the materials were lower

  11. #119
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,494

    Default

    If Ubisoft ever interfered with economic dilemmas such as this, they'll be forced to mediate everything. Which would kill the context of an independent economy governed and established by the playerbase itself.

    I think right now, there's currently no best solution to this matter.

    - Adding more Magplants and Rayman (or things alike) would only reinforce the problem they brought in to begin with. Which is too much gems and farmables available that drastically boosted inflation.

    - Nerfing Magplants and Rayman (or even removing them) would crash the economy due to major supply disturbance. Plus, the outrage of those who currently own them and aspire to own them.

    We should just wait out for someone who hoarded tons of Mags and Rays to get permabanned or quit the game for good. Hoping them to go extinct is the best course of action (at least in my opinion).

    Actions from Ubisoft should deal with how are they going to drain DLs from the community. It'll help keep the economy healthy without the trouble of directly interfering. They should add more features like the Locke or think of something new.
    IGN: CandleJack

  12. #120
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    If Ubisoft ever interfered with economic dilemmas such as this, they'll be forced to mediate everything. Which would kill the context of an independent economy governed and established by the playerbase itself.

    I think right now, there's currently no best solution to this matter.

    - Adding more Magplants and Rayman (or things alike) would only reinforce the problem they brought in to begin with. Which is too much gems and farmables available that drastically boosted inflation.

    - Nerfing Magplants and Rayman (or even removing them) would crash the economy due to major supply disturbance. Plus, the outrage of those who currently own them and aspire to own them.

    We should just wait out for someone who hoarded tons of Mags and Rays to get permabanned or quit the game for good. Hoping them to go extinct is the best course of action (at least in my opinion).

    Actions from Ubisoft should deal with how are they going to drain DLs from the community. It'll help keep the economy healthy without the trouble of directly interfering. They should add more features like the Locke or think of something new.
    This, any solution has a major con, removal or nerfs would cause major backlash and up risings. Adding them back will do the same. The only thing is to add gem and wl sinks to adjust for those 2 items. Which we sorta have been doing. Transmutabooth, backpack upgrades, guild events. We need more like that. Rn i think WL sinks are best. gem sinks are easier said then done, but wl sinks we have battle pets and locke and thats about it. locke no one uses really execpt for megaphones, battle pets kinda died out on making new decks. just buy old ones and change

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •