View Poll Results: Would you support making price manipulation illegal?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 53.38%
  • No

62 46.62%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s bring an end to Price Manipulation.

The thing why price manipulation continues is because other players still buys the item even they knew that the item's price is manipulated.

Last of all, it is the buyer's choice.

Price manipulators continues their work because they're seeing some items like theirs being sold in a wanted price.

If everyone knows the price is unfair and manipulated just don't buy it and the price will go back to normal price which sellers bought those before.

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    No one is gonna punish those who are hoarding c95 masks with this COVID-19 crisis so why would u punish those who are smart enough to know that the items are limited which means there will be more demand which means the price will go up.
    They're called N95 masks, not c95 masks.

BTW,
    https://www.businessinsider.my/face-...20-2?r=US&IR=T
    http://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20200321...demic-covid-19
    https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...ouging/1850338
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...rding-suspects
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
    Hey guys. I was reading a few threads on the topic of how the prices of certain items (most notably the MAGPLANT 5000 and Rayman’s Fist) have increased drastically, bringing the price of many higher-tier and (formerly) middle-tier items up to levels beyond reach.

We can point the blame of these unprecedented price hikes to whatever we want: WL inflation due to added IAPs, an increase in demand for said item, the limited supply of such items among many other reasons I’ve read. But one thing’s for certain: what all of these items have in common is the fact that their prices were unjustly and unfairly manipulated.

I get how the rules clearly state that changes like these can happen suddenly...

...but they also have rules against harming the community.

I hope we can all agree on this: price manipulators are harmful to the community, as they use lies and trickery for their personal benefit, thus mistreating other players in the process by denying them the opportunity to participate in the active economy.

It’s time we take action and ask for an official rule against purposeful and drastic price manipulation. The goal would not be to trace down who started the price manipulation, but to see who’s manipulating at that instant. One less manipulator means the economy grows fairer for everybody.

Further in-depth arguments supporting a ban on artificial price manipulation follow in the spoiler below (I added it to reduce the size of the thread).

Prices naturally rise and fall, I understand that completely. But when Rayman’s Fists rise in price by some 66% in two weeks, MAGPLANT 5000s go up from being 27 to some 40 DLS in that same time period and Phoenix Wings more than double in price in a very short period of time, I think we can all agree something unjust is happening here.

I’d like to know what the rest of you think. Do you agree or disagree? Let me know why. Remember to be civil about each others’ opinions, we can debate and disagree respectfully. Thank you for reading.
    I feel that you have some pretty good points, I am on the side of being against economy manipulators.
    However I feel that it is a lot harder for them to sort than you may think.

I see this as something rather hard to implement so I don't really have any other opinion
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Lesser Knight

Default This is impossible to implement.

This thread comes with good intentions i get that, but unfortunately this idea is just impossible to implement. The simple reason being that there is no way to differentiate between 'manipulation' and actually selling off the item. In a general perspective, every single trade essentially has an influence towards the price of the item. The basic concept of supply/demand makes it so that there is no fixed price of any single item. This thread implies that there is an assumed constant price or stable price, thus contradicting the concept of a free market. Therefore, this idea is paradoxical.

I'm 100% certain the devs will not interfere in marketing + There are no other options. Even Nekorei stated that the price depends on several factors. You just gotta deal with it + It's already easy enough to profit nowadays. A dl back then is worth 3-5 dls rn considering how easy it is to profit. I have already suggested something in which magplants + raymans are harmful to the economy and would be wise to remove then back when they were 10-15dls. This was too easy to predict so it's no surprise. I saw it coming months before. Surprise-surprise
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

I'm 100% certain the devs will not interfere in marketing + There are no other options. Even Nekorei stated that the price depends on several factors. You just gotta deal with it + It's already easy enough to profit nowadays. A dl back then is worth 3-5 dls rn considering how easy it is to profit. I have already suggested something in which magplants + raymans are harmful to the economy and would be wise to remove then back when they were 10-15dls. This was too easy to predict so it's no surprise. I saw it coming months before. Surprise-surprise
    Why don't u ask them to nerf growscan now that you've sold all of them, since they're limited and useful aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by spotch View Post
    Why don't u ask them to nerf growscan now that you've sold all of them, since they're limited and useful aswell.
    Bro it’s the like the easiest prediction. Why and why did you ever think those items will not rise? Do you see the different between players now? Benbarrages has over 100 mags and similar to other rich players. It’s like the easier prediction ever lmao. Don’t be mad just because you can’t do the same thing. I’m trying to be nice but I don’t think you’re even following what I’m saying and just bringing up something out of nowhere
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Bro it’s the like the easiest prediction. Why and why did you ever think those items will not rise? Do you see the different between players now? Benbarrages has over 100 mags and similar to other rich players. It’s like the easier prediction ever lmao. Don’t be mad just because you can’t do the same thing. I’m trying to be nice but I don’t think you’re even following what I’m saying and just bringing up something out of nowhere
    Clearly you aren't with me, you're being a hypocrite for wanting them to eradicate magplant & rayman so what about growscan? You never complained how overpowered they're and disrupting the economy as well. I'm not surprise, cause you hoarded them and wanted the attention away from it before selling them all. On the other hand rayman & magplant who isn't a potential loss to you, wants it to be destroyed.

This thread is kinda funny lol. You basically wanna punish those who hoard items to profit. It's how life works buddy wake up lol. The thread does not make sense because it's how life works. No one is gonna punish those who are hoarding c95 masks with this COVID-19 crisis so why would u punish those who are smart enough to know that the items are limited which means there will be more demand which means the price will go up.
    talk with a fact & logic, not with a greed.
    =IGN : Crausse=
    Instagram : @Crausse_GT
    Discord : Ryuu Kaname#5464

Back in my day, that's called monopoly and it's illegal
    h
    IGN : C21H23NO5

Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Back in my day, that's called monopoly and it's illegal
    It's what would happen if we kept price manipulation legal, as people would take advantage of the greed and lies of others to hoarde and control everything themselves.
    Nobody comes without mistakes or flaws;
    it's what you make of them
    that shapes who you are.

#LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
    IGN: Immaculate