• World Lock Sinks

22 59.46%
  • Gem Sinks

18 48.65%
  • Rarity(Farmable) Sinks

15 40.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Whats better? Gem sinks, Wl sinks, or Rarity Sinks?

Default Discussion: Whats better? Gem sinks, Wl sinks, or Rarity Sinks?

This kinda relates to the whole fiasco "arising" (its always been an issue) of rays/mags, from other threads we know that there isnt really any good solutions has in the end they get backlash.

Nerfs: Backlash due to paying for a good item just for it to become crummy.

Adding them back: Makes people upset since then it would drop/its an IOTM so you cant or else it causes issues for all IOTMS/more gems and wls in the economy = inflation = bad economy.

Removing:I dont even need to say why this is bad. its nerfing but even worse.

All ubisoft can do is create features and systems that balance these gem making machines. Working around them. They have 3 options it seems.

1. World Lock Sinks: These remove Wls directly from the game. Each Wl is 2,000 gems a pop or they're gotten through locke with the other locks which either way, come from the gem-store. We have 2 wl sinks to my knowledge currently. Battle Pets and Locke.

Locke is mainly used now and days for Megaphones. Everything else can be bought cheaper from players rather than from him.

Battle Pets arn't being made anymore, people buy old decks and remake them. Not enough people doing them.

2. Gem Sinks: We have alot of these. Its the gem store for crying out loud! Guild Events, Transmutabooth, Backpack upgrades, its all there. Events with limited items/tickets. People are always spending their gems. Issue is there's not enough coming out as there is coming in. They could nerf gem store prices but thats super risky and i feel like would get bad reception.

3. Rarity Sinks: What i mean here is a farmable sink, directly to the "source" of the gems. These mainly come in forms from events, but even then you dont need alot. but theres so much, stacks, and stacks, of pepper, laser grids, tons of farmables. I'm not sure if its the best approach, as i think the other 2 are better. But this one I'll let you all talk about.

If farmables sink it will make both of them sink sooner or later.

I think the best way they can do is to add an item with the same function as MAGPLANT but with limited capacity and the rarity of the materials is extremely high to equate to the current price of MAGPLANT.

The previous role-up update failed to fix this problem by removing the 'remote' feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    3. Rarity Sinks: What i mean here is a farmable sink, directly to the "source" of the gems. These mainly come in forms from events, but even then you dont need alot. but theres so much, stacks, and stacks, of pepper, laser grids, tons of farmables. I'm not sure if its the best approach, as i think the other 2 are better. But this one I'll let you all talk about.
    I agree. In my opinion, we should get another addition in a preexisting event where we have to “sacrifice” or give up rarity of items to receive another untradeable item like the Present Goblin: Home Edition. Except, the rarity required is vastly higher than the amount required during winterfest.
    This likely will start rising farmable prices, and as a chain effect, both amounts of gems and wls will be lowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BryanPaul View Post
    I think the best way they can do is to add an item with the same function as MAGPLANT but with limited capacity and the rarity of the materials is extremely high to equate to the current price of MAGPLANT.

The previous role-up update failed to fix this problem by removing the 'remote' feature.
    another magplant-related item would be the opposite of good for growtopia. the player-run market economy would pretty much crash and burn, and become even more unstable then it already currently is.
    ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
    discord: darkphantic#7895

"Adding them back: Makes people upset since then it would drop/its an IOTM so you cant or else it causes issues for all IOTMS/more gems and wls in the economy = inflation = bad economy."

Please read

Master Sorcerer

I'd very much be in favor of raising the price of world locks to 4000 gems, same for doubling the prices of seed packs. If world locks are 4000 gems people will choose alternatives for their gems instead of buying world locks. The seed packs need to be a lot more expensive in order to repair the damage done to the whole splicing aspect of growtopia. Problem with many rarity sinks is that it will only make farming more profitable thus people farming more and bringing the prices back again.

What will also work is a total gem nerf for blocks. Back in like 2015 all items below rarity 25 got nerfed proportionally, maybe do this same nerfing to all other rarities as well, which should result in like a 25-50% gem reduction, reducing the gems earned and making recycling farmables less profitable.
    LURD

Quote Originally Posted by LURD View Post
    I'd very much be in favor of raising the price of world locks to 4000 gems, same for doubling the prices of seed packs. If world locks are 4000 gems people will choose alternatives for their gems instead of buying world locks. The seed packs need to be a lot more expensive in order to repair the damage done to the whole splicing aspect of growtopia. Problem with many rarity sinks is that it will only make farming more profitable thus people farming more and bringing the prices back again.

What will also work is a total gem nerf for blocks. Back in like 2015 all items below rarity 25 got nerfed proportionally, maybe do this same nerfing to all other rarities as well, which should result in like a 25-50% gem reduction, reducing the gems earned and making recycling farmables less profitable.
    I mean nerfs on blocks i totally forgot they did that. I mean its helps ubi too. for intensive to buy gems.

Yup! The supposed to be fix (or sort of) that the developers made to mitigate the issue just amplified it. The remote should be added, it's a function not an IOTM so it's only logical to put it in the game.

Nobody asks to re-release the IOTM itself, but the functionality only (even a nerfed version only). It is the devs' mistake to release such an OP item with a limited supply, they should deal with the issue and not just put out a statement that they will not do anything about it anymore. It sucks.
    IGN: Eutimio

Discord: Eutimio#0415

Instagram: @Eutimio_GT

My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    "Adding them back: Makes people upset since then it would drop/its an IOTM so you cant or else it causes issues for all IOTMS/more gems and wls in the economy = inflation = bad economy."

Please read
    I've read it btw. But anyway inflation in the game is inevitable even if we stripped MagPlants away from the game; the game is ALWAYS on inflation, as long as people continue to farm the supply of worldlocks in the game will just continue rising. Along with this are the farmables, farmables are farmable they always increase in supply + gems you earn. They are bound to drop. The main issue here are the auto farmers which are the catalyst of inflation which could lead to hyper-inflation. I've seen players selling 1million ~ 10m gems for a much lower price. Ubisoft should prioritize this.

The addition of item with the same function of MagPlant is a solution to the problem which MagPlant is facing. As I've said if you have read it "The price must equate to the current price of MAGPLANT" the materials should be hard to obtain. Items with special function SHOULD NOT be limited. These also include: magplant,growscan, rayman, and royal locks. Because hoarding is also a big issue here *coughs* Jamew7 the rich players undeservingly keeps getting rich just because they bought tons of IOTM with a unique function because they are always bound to rise.

Inflation is not always bad though. The purpose of this game to have fun and build awesome worlds. Building a world with your friends is easier than it used to due to lower building costs.
    Last edited by BryanPaul; 04-28-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LURD View Post

I agree on the nerf on recycling but the doubling the store prices is quite risky and would devastate the price of gems even more. Also, Ubisoft is kinda doing those 30% off discount. ( which to think of it it was quite unnecessary and is doing more harm than good)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    Yup! The supposed to be fix (or sort of) that the developers made to mitigate the issue just amplified it. The remote should be added, it's a function not an IOTM so it's only logical to put it in the game.

Nobody asks to re-release the IOTM itself, but the functionality only (even a nerfed version only). It is the devs' mistake to release such an OP item with a limited supply, they should deal with the issue and not just put out a statement that they will not do anything about it anymore. It sucks.
    Exactly !!!

Smile 'Sinks' in game

As for the 'rarity' sinks - those kinda already exist in game. Like during St. Patrick's Week they have that Pot of Gold (I can't remember the exact name) in BLARNEY and you can win St. Patty's-related items. Or else during Winterfest they have that Stuff-4-Toys Box. I know that some people I know recycled their old farmables like blackrock and pinballs into those 'sinks' to get such prizes or the goblin.
    GrowID: SoccerGirl97 | Instagram: @SoccerGirl97_GT
    MY BUYING/SELLING LIST

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGirl97 View Post
    As for the 'rarity' sinks - those kinda already exist in game. Like during St. Patrick's Week they have that Pot of Gold (I can't remember the exact name) in BLARNEY and you can win St. Patty's-related items. Or else during Winterfest they have that Stuff-4-Toys Box. I know that some people I know recycled their old farmables like blackrock and pinballs into those 'sinks' to get such prizes or the goblin.
    "These mainly come in forms from events, but even then you dont need alot."

i wonder if people read the thread