Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BFG Questions

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

Default BFG Questions

Hey everyone

I'm considering opening a BFG because I have 10 sorc farms I'm too lazy to farm lol.

Anyways, can someone link me to the rules regarding BFG? I know I risk getting my world nuked if it has auto farmers.

Do I need to constantly monitor for auto farmers?

Or do I just need signs saying it's not allowed? I was thinking of putting a password door labeled "Will you auto farm" and the pass is "no" lol.

ALSO, whats the best way to run a BFG:

Should I charge rent for rooms, or offer them for free?
    If rent, how much?
    Will people be easy to find?
    Should I sell adminship?
    How should I design the world(s)?

THANK YOU. I know I have many questions lmao.
    Last edited by Clarken (ciarken); 04-28-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

So when you are running a bfg, you should always put up signs saying no autofarming. If you are aware that players are autofarming and not taking action to ban them from your world then you can also be banned. But on the safe side, I would recommend monitoring all the players that are in your world to make sure.
    IGN: Flameskin

Quote Originally Posted by Flameskin View Post
    So when you are running a bfg, you should always put up signs saying no autofarming. If you are aware that players are autofarming and not taking action to ban them from your world then you can also be banned. But on the safe side, I would recommend monitoring all the players that are in your world to make sure.
    What if I have auto farmer in my world but I dont know about it? Can I get banned / can my world get nuked?
    Since July 2, 2014

If you didn't know but was actively watching over the players you'll likely be given the benefit of the doubt usually, worlds that are accepting of auto farmers for profit receive nukes
    LetsGo

Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    If you didn't know but was actively watching over the players you'll likely be given the benefit of the doubt.
    Okay. And is there any good way to detect if a player is autofarming? Or do I just ask them to see if theyre afk lol
    Since July 2, 2014

The best way is probably to keep an eye on accounts that seem like alts or only have a few items but most of the time you can just try to start a convo with suspicious players and make a judgement because it'd probably take them a while to take the auto off before replying or they just won't reply at all.
    LetsGo

Quote Originally Posted by LETS4GO View Post
    The best way is probably to keep an eye on accounts that seem like alts or only have a few items but most of the time you can just try to start a convo with suspicious players and make a judgement because it'd probably take them a while to take the auto off before replying or they just won't reply at all.
    I see.. thank you so much!
    Since July 2, 2014

If a players puts within 0.2 second after breaking the blocks continously. It is 75% autofarmer, pull them without prior notice and if they still place and punch, it's surely an autofarmer.
    IGN: ITzRazzle

GOALS:
    •Level: 55/125
    •BGL: 7/100
    •1k Subscribers: 42/1000
    •Focused Eyes: 29/100

NEW TO ROOT FARMING? WANNA KNOW WHAT'S MORE PROFITABLE BETWEEN ROOT FARMING AND STANDARD FARMING? WATCH HERE:

Quote Originally Posted by PicksterHD View Post
    If a players puts within 0.2 second after breaking the blocks continously. It is 75% autofarmer, pull them without prior notice and if they still place and punch, it's surely an autofarmer.
    smart!

TY!
    Since July 2, 2014

Q: Do I need to constantly monitor for auto farmers? Or do I just need signs saying it's not allowed? I was thinking of putting a password door labeled "Will you auto farm" and the pass is "no" lol.

A: You need to constantly monitor for auto farmers, this is one of the downsides to hosting a BFG.

Q: Should I charge rent for rooms, or offer them for free?

A:Free BFG's bring in a lot more people, but seeing as how much stock you have, you can charge. People will willingly buy a room knowing their gems will be safe from trollers.

Q: If rent, how much?

A: 2/Empty 3/Rayman

Q:Will people be easy to find?

A: If you buy a link in a popular BFG link world, that should get you people. You can also promote in BUYBFG and that will bring in customers.

A: Should I sell adminship? In a Free BFG, no. In a Paid BFG.. depends. If you do, LOCK YOUR WORLD DOWN. You don't want to get griefed. Also, try to ask for a deposit.. you know, so they are less likely to scam your customers.

Here's a Free BFG example:

Here's a Paid BFG example:
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nesqwik View Post
    Q: Do I need to constantly monitor for auto farmers? Or do I just need signs saying it's not allowed? I was thinking of putting a password door labeled "Will you auto farm" and the pass is "no" lol.

A: You need to constantly monitor for auto farmers, this is one of the downsides to hosting a BFG.

Q: Should I charge rent for rooms, or offer them for free?

A:Free BFG's bring in a lot more people, but seeing as how much stock you have, you can charge. People will willingly buy a room knowing their gems will be safe from trollers.

Q: If rent, how much?

A: 2/Empty 3/Rayman

Q:Will people be easy to find?

A: If you buy a link in a popular BFG link world, that should get you people. You can also promote in BUYBFG and that will bring in customers.

A: Should I sell adminship? In a Free BFG, no. In a Paid BFG.. depends. If you do, LOCK YOUR WORLD DOWN. You don't want to get griefed. Also, try to ask for a deposit.. you know, so they are less likely to scam your customers.

Here's a Free BFG example:

Here's a Paid BFG example:
    tysm! This is really helpful
    Since July 2, 2014

If you want to reach more detailed information about current rules and the ways to keep your BFGs safe, check the 4 strike system about BFGs currently on use.

Here it is: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nishment-Rules
    IGN: Bardes
    Instagram: @bardesgrowtopia
    Discord: Bardes#3326