Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Refund my money !

Quote Originally Posted by SIide View Post
    Investment:
    A financial choise that could either make you a millionaire or make you bankrupt.
    You made an investment, you went bankrupt.
    Ubisoft made it clear that noone could guarantee the things you purchased will stay with you forever.
    Just like Club Penguin closing down after millions of dollars of revenue have been made, you will not be able to get your money back. Better sad than sorry, thats just how big companies operate.
    It's hard to accept that if growtopia(ubisoft) doesn't earn enough money to compensate for what they're spending they'd eventually just shut us down. This is why i'll never consider spending money on a game that can't assure me of longevity.

After further investigation i've found that Ubisoft's Store Refund Policy states that you have the right to a refund for purchased digital content within 14 days of purchase. I'm not certain if IAP falls under this right.

Correct me if i'm wrong. This is the only information i was able to find regarding Ubisoft's Refund Policy.
    Please do support my quest to justice:

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nd-support-now

Profile picture by Joni2

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    After further investigation i've found that Ubisoft's Store Refund Policy states that you have the right to a refund for purchased digital content within 14 days of purchase. I'm not certain if IAP falls under this right.

Correct me if i'm wrong. This is the only information i was able to find regarding Ubisoft's Refund Policy.
    As far as i can see what he said was "I bought the thing as soon as it came out so i would have early access on stuff" 14 day policy ain't gonna help our boi.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post

Yeah I heard that, and technically they have to refund back the money players spent on consoles. The servers are going to be shut down and this is not what they emphasized in their refund policy. If anyone can’t get back their money they spent even though the duration passed is longer then 14 days, I don’t see anything wrong to sue. Although, I don’t see a big deal with that, refunding the money for a small community of consoles, which will not affect such a big company like Ubisoft.
    IGN: Bardes
    Instagram: @bardesgrowtopia
    Discord: Bardes#3326

Another one down, another one bites the dust
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

if u use credit cards buying gems u can charge back and get back your money

Quote Originally Posted by ladyNYCity View Post
    if u use credit cards buying gems u can charge back and get back your money
    Smart one they cant ban the account of the server is dead
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Quote Originally Posted by SIide View Post
    Investment:
    A financial choise that could either make you a millionaire or make you bankrupt.
    You made an investment, you went bankrupt.
    Ubisoft made it clear that noone could guarantee the things you purchased will stay with you forever.
    Just like Club Penguin closing down after millions of dollars of revenue have been made, you will not be able to get your money back. Better sad than sorry, thats just how big companies operate.

Did you just compare a child buying an IAP of $30 to someone with years of experience in the private sector investing enough money into something so bad it makes himself/herself go bankrupt? Do you have any clue how large the difference is (and how stupid someone would have to be to have that happen to them)? Sorry if I come out too aggressive but stuff like this really gets my gears grinding.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    Did you just compare a child buying an IAP of $30 to someone with years of experience in the private sector investing enough money into something so bad it makes himself/herself go bankrupt? Do you have any clue how large the difference is (and how stupid someone would have to be to have that happen to them)? Sorry if I come out too aggressive but stuff like this really gets my gears grinding.
    Still, in comparison to game money, 30$ is a lot. Hell, a lot of my friends are F2P players. Indeed, when investments go awry, the investor suffers. However, in the context of a video game like Growtopia, investments by IAP should be protected. Ubisoft should be trying to protect investments -- because to betray the trust of its players is the worst thing that can happen to Growtopia's F2P business model.
    IGN: Demystify
    Rare worlds at DEMYSTLIST.

Essayist.
    Protecting the interests of the upperclass since 2013.

Serf

Quote Originally Posted by spotch View Post
    It's hard to accept that if growtopia(ubisoft) doesn't earn enough money to compensate for what they're spending they'd eventually just shut us down. This is why i'll never consider spending money on a game that can't assure me of longevity.
    Let me start by pointing out that nothing lasts forever. Your items and purchases are one day going to disappear regardless of how or when it happens. Longevity isn't really something you can really worry about when faced with something like an IAP on a gams.

Ubisoft is a company and will always be a company. As much as it would be nice for them to allocate more or all of their money to Growtopia, they can't—that's an extremely stupid decision. Growtopia in every sense of the word is over-budgeted, hence why the console servers are being shut down to fund their biggest money makers. You also have to take into consideration that Growtopia was never really meant to have a console port, just looking at the gameplay mechanics and aspects is really telling of this (how are you going to port a sandbox MMO with a large economy to consoles?)

In my humble opinion this should have been seen from the very beginning. Porting an already declining title over to a platform where it'll be more unpopular and unattractive to the core fanbase whilst also allocating more money than you're able to financially handle. It makes sense why it's getting cut and I'm really excited to see if the core Growtopia experience is enhanced because of this. I truly think that the "console-era" bred a lot of problems the game has today (due to money, of course) and I'm excited to see where the game goes from here.
    where did they go?

Bro do u want a refund for your time once u die.
    ~Garodus

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    Let me start by pointing out that nothing lasts forever. Your items and purchases are one day going to disappear regardless of how or when it happens. Longevity isn't really something you can really worry about when faced with something like an IAP on a gams.

Ubisoft is a company and will always be a company. As much as it would be nice for them to allocate more or all of their money to Growtopia, they can't—that's an extremely stupid decision. Growtopia in every sense of the word is over-budgeted, hence why the console servers are being shut down to fund their biggest money makers. You also have to take into consideration that Growtopia was never really meant to have a console port, just looking at the gameplay mechanics and aspects is really telling of this (how are you going to port a sandbox MMO with a large economy to consoles?)

In my humble opinion this should have been seen from the very beginning. Porting an already declining title over to a platform where it'll be more unpopular and unattractive to the core fanbase whilst also allocating more money than you're able to financially handle. It makes sense why it's getting cut and I'm really excited to see if the core Growtopia experience is enhanced because of this. I truly think that the "console-era" bred a lot of problems the game has today (due to money, of course) and I'm excited to see where the game goes from here.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt