Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KYDERBY Building Contest Feedback

To me, most complaints are not objective wrongs by Aimster. Yes, the world containing racial slurs should not have won because it originally violated the Growtopian Code. The miscommunication is a gray area; on one hand, accessibility for a younger player base should be paramount if the event is to be taken seriously, but on the other hand, this is a player-run event, and they should be able to choose where information is made available.

I have no problem with Aimster judging her own contest. While the premise was meant to be community-based, it cannot be ignored that most people have zero faith in the community’s scruples, and it was apparent why within a few days after the contest was announced. Altering the way the competition was judged was completely justified to avoid some shady dealings.

That said, having a moderator, who has no incentives to practice favoritism, choose the worlds to host races for her own event, does not seem like a problem. If anything, it seems like a perfectly justifiable decision. These criticisms are personal opinions, as mentioned in the OP, but they are not stringent wrongdoings.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to torture myself by adapting it into Growtopia.

Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    MY question: WHERE IS GREENHILLDERBY??
    This. This has upset me the most out of everything else, tbh.

And I would write something up about this matter, but I don't have very much time at hand. Maybe in a few hours...

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: Dr.eamy (previously ElectroDream)
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24

Let's be honest. If you're being offered a Mint Julep for helping her make a list (which takes quite some time to be fair), you're not going to walk out of that. EVERYONE would've done that. You just sound annoyed that you weren't in his place. Aimster already said she was going to give away as many as possible to decrease the insane price.

Second of all, this is not an official Growtopia event. This is a personal giveaway which means it's her rules and her communication.
    Please do support my quest to justice:

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nd-support-now

Profile picture by Joni2

Was there a building contest?

Oh no, i missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Let's be honest. If you're being offered a Mint Julep for helping her make a list (which takes quite some time to be fair), you're not going to walk out of that.
    You could give something else other than a julep for that? Instead of giving somebody something that took certain builders weeks to obtain by doing a simple task in a couple of minutes - builders should've been awarded with more

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    EVERYONE would've done that. You just sound annoyed that you weren't in his place. Aimster already said she was going to give away as many as possible to decrease the insane price.
    Not only you seem to attack me personally on that, and when I see so many builders that have struggled to build something original only to see their work devalued by doing something ridiculous in comparison it is silly as pointed in my original post, and lastly:

this is not an official Growtopia event. This is a personal giveaway which means it's her rules and her communication.
    You can't expect it not to be treated as a semi-official growtopia event, not only developers are intentionally spawning in items for her but her rank also allow her to host those events (which is why I think ubisoft themselves should just do it, to avoid disasters like these) - AND the item is also restricted to this event only. That said, upmost standards are expected, and nearly every single part of the contest failed at that.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    MY question: WHERE IS GREENHILLDERBY??
    I’m sorry but personally I didn’t like greenhillderby. Yeah it was a visually pleasing world but looks aren’t everything. Half of the time I was confused on where to go and if I made one accidental jump then I got sent up half the course. It just was a sub-par track in my opinion.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

Lesser Wizard

I agree you at this point.By the race of two minutes of pressing buttons & wandering around a world is giving the same prize as the world contest which takes weeks for players to build.Spesifically developers are spawning a whole mess of expensive items.Therefore this poorly organized event is not only ridiculous,it harms economy by giving away 18 Blue Gem Locks worth of Juleps for building contest & 180 Blue Gem Locks worth of Juleps for the "Race".

Quote Originally Posted by li0n View Post
    I agree you at this point.By the race of two minutes of pressing buttons & wandering around a world is giving the same prize as the world contest which takes weeks for players to build.Spesifically developers are spawning a whole mess of expensive items.Therefore this poorly organized event is not only ridiculous,it harms economy by giving away 18 Blue Gem Locks worth of Juleps for building contest & 180 Blue Gem Locks worth of Juleps for the "Race".
    this wasnt meant to ‘harm’ the economy, aimster wanted to release enough juleps to drop the price of it. but apparently the economy didnt want that, and now the juleps are nearly the same. the world builders got 2 juleps because their worlds got to the finals. Kyderby isnt actually about world building, its about the race, so giving a julep for the winners is a reasonable prize, the world builders knew they had a chance of not winning, and frankly they should have built the world for the enjoyment and accomplsihment of having people race in their world
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Lesser Wizard

I started to run out of words after seeing the perspective of some casts.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    this wasnt meant to ‘harm’ the economy, aimster wanted to release enough juleps to drop the price of it. but apparently the economy didnt want that, and now the juleps are nearly the same. the world builders got 2 juleps because their worlds got to the finals. Kyderby isnt actually about world building, its about the race, so giving a julep for the winners is a reasonable prize, the world builders knew they had a chance of not winning, and frankly they should have built the world for the enjoyment and accomplsihment of having people race in their world
    I agree with this. I built my world not for the juleps, but for the honor of calling it a KYDERBY contest winner. In fact, I even gave away one of my juleps to my close friend because we made a pact years ago. The other is sitting in my world as a “medal” of sorts. People shouldn’t be building this stuff purely for world locks, it’s a pretty low blow imo.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

can we make it so only master sorcerers can votes in the player’s choice?
    ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
    discord: darkphantic#7895

Quote Originally Posted by Phantic View Post
    can we make it so only master sorcerers can votes in the player’s choice?
    that is an actual good suggestion, or at least over a specific amount of posts, say 700+ or something
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch