Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roots Farming is due for an update, or not?

Master Sorcerer

Default Roots Farming is due for an update, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Time is an extremely important factor you're missing. It's not just about gems returned - it's also time invested, both in terms of tree growth as well as placement and breaking. All bountiful roots are farmable, but not all bountiful roots are straight-up better than their non-bountiful equivalents. It's up to you guys to find the long-term gains, because you have to amortize not only upfront costs but also time investments over weeks and months.

Roots are not here to make you a quick buck. They are here to provide a patient and more farsighted alternative to the current farming loop. We will, of course, be keeping an eye on things and provide buffs if needed, but only after enough time has passed to get an idea of how the long-term investors in this new system are doing.
    I don't see roots being farmed that much and they previously surely couldn't surpass regular farming methods. Was there an update or are they long due for an update/buff?

Update

It turns out that there was an update I wasn't aware of (a buff to root farming). They are now viable. Thanks Spyroboy.
    Last edited by Another Growtopian; 05-02-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Interesting threads I've made:

BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

they got buffed a while ago and apparently people farm them now? i think root cuttings are the only major issue. theyre useless and theres too much of them.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    they got buffed a while ago and apparently people farm them now? i think root cuttings are the only major issue. theyre useless and theres too much of them.
    Oh they were? I wasn't aware of this. Did someone make any post regarding the buff?

Found the thread. Thanks for answering.
    Interesting threads I've made:

BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Quote Originally Posted by Another Growtopian View Post
    Oh they were? I wasn't aware of this. Did someone make any post regarding the buff (i.e. how many gems they offer now and whether or not they can surpass regular farming methods)?
    there might of been one, it came out the end of novemeber along side a bountiful seed pack in the store (1,000 gems) you might have to search in the forums to see what the buffs were.

Im not 100% certain if people do roots now, its just ive seen alot of threads arise about how alot of people do roots now, so maybe they are good?

Quote Originally Posted by Another Growtopian View Post
    Oh they were? I wasn't aware of this. Did someone make any post regarding the buff?

Found the thread. Thanks for answering.
    Wouldn't mind sending it? I wanna learn more about roots.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

We need new items made with Root Cuttings, useful and expensive.
    GrowID: <HIDDEN>

Quote Originally Posted by (view signature) View Post
    agree (10chars)
    IGN: ITzRazzle

GOALS:
    •Level: 55/125
    •BGL: 7/100
    •1k Subscribers: 42/1000
    •Focused Eyes: 29/100

NEW TO ROOT FARMING? WANNA KNOW WHAT'S MORE PROFITABLE BETWEEN ROOT FARMING AND STANDARD FARMING? WATCH HERE:

Btw can some body show or tell me what was the lastest buff. Besides the lastest buff I know which is the gem distribution. Btw thanks for the 400 seeds I didnt even sold it and max out grind for it. Im already at 1.2k But do you want your 400 back? The only roots are useful are tier 4 bountiful 1. Bamboo Spike 2. Jungle Temple Pillar
    3. Growtopian Looming Plant
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    Btw can some body show or tell me what was the lastest buff. Besides the lastest buff I know which is the gem distribution. Btw thanks for the 400 seeds I didnt even sold it and max out grind for it. Im already at 1.2k But do you want your 400 back? The only roots are useful are tier 4 bountiful 1. Bamboo Spike 2. Jungle Temple Pillar
    What was the buff on gems tho?
    IGN: ITzRazzle

GOALS:
    •Level: 55/125
    •BGL: 7/100
    •1k Subscribers: 42/1000
    •Focused Eyes: 29/100

NEW TO ROOT FARMING? WANNA KNOW WHAT'S MORE PROFITABLE BETWEEN ROOT FARMING AND STANDARD FARMING? WATCH HERE:

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    No problem, you can keep them Other than the gem buff, If I recall correctly, they also buffed the xp you obtained from harvesting root cuttings.
    GrowID: <HIDDEN>

Agreed bro. The most valuable thing from Root Cuttings is now a few wls. We need that update urgently
    ~ "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former..." ~

Goals:
    - Get Gaia's Beacon (Done!)
    - Level up to 125 (89/125)
    - Get Rayman's Fist (0/1)
    - Get Chaos Corruption from Surgery (Done!)

No problem, you can keep them Other than the gem buff, If I recall correctly, they also buffed the xp you obtained from harvesting root cuttings.
    Interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*