Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !!! I warned the players !!! SHAME OF YOU DEVELLOPERS !!

Quote Originally Posted by NOTSHOTS View Post
    They didn't stop it bcz they weren't profiting enough
    It's funny how they actually did.

u guys baso got a free trial and worked hard to get wiped
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Quote Originally Posted by NOTSHOTS View Post
    They didn't stop it bcz they weren't profiting enough
    Go read the dev's thread before cursing growtopia and Ubisoft
    They stopped bcz the numbers of servers was too overwhelming and they couldnt keep up the good gameplay quality on all the servers. They did that to improve pc and mobile' s experience.
    And nobody forced you to buy so Ubisoft has nothing to do with this, as they were only improving the severs' quality.
    thats what they want you to think

Not a console player here but I feel like a big company like Ubisoft could have done better, if it was an indie developer the whole no compensation thing would be reasonable, but I mean cmon.......this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

Have any of you heard of "Supercell"? Its a fairly large company as well, which provides mobile games and stuff. Anyways the point is they recently had a game which they shut down after about 6 months of release, but instead of just taking everyone's money, they offered everyone(No favouritism involved), to transfer all the money they had spent on that game to their other games in a 1:1 ratio. It costs them practically $0 to do that, gives them a good reputation, and overall is a win-win situation.

So yeah, its far too late now and obviously Ubisoft wouldn't do something like this, but honestly if you look at some of Ubisoft's other games its honestly not something you would've expected.

On a side note, when indie companies say they're shutting down games, they give the notice way in advance, like a couple months before. If this had happened perhaps Growtopia on consoles might have gone back to being a social game

Quote Originally Posted by ctjh View Post
    Not a console player here but I feel like a big company like Ubisoft could have done better, if it was an indie developer the whole no compensation thing would be reasonable, but I mean cmon.......this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

Have any of you heard of "Supercell"? Its a fairly large company as well, which provides mobile games and stuff. Anyways the point is they recently had a game which they shut down after about 6 months of release, but instead of just taking everyone's money, they offered everyone(No favouritism involved), to transfer all the money they had spent on that game to their other games in a 1:1 ratio. It costs them practically $0 to do that, gives them a good reputation, and overall is a win-win situation.

So yeah, its far too late now and obviously Ubisoft wouldn't do something like this, but honestly if you look at some of Ubisoft's other games its honestly not something you would've expected.

On a side note, when indie companies say they're shutting down games, they give the notice way in advance, like a couple months before. If this had happened perhaps Growtopia on consoles might have gone back to being a social game
    If i'm not mistaken Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is just a branch of Ubisoft, so i'm guessing they're an independent company who can't rely on the original Ubisoft's company for refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jay Gaming View Post
    thats what they want you to think
    ... and what do you think should you think? If they had the time to manage the server then it wouldn't shut down despite the decline in player count.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctjh View Post

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi isn't as good as Ubisoft USA.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

maybe offer to tranfer gems purchase in console to mobile?

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv