Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be any future plans about abandoned worlds?

Default Will there be any future plans about abandoned worlds?

so, I have friends who struggle to own a world which is the same as their name, mostly because the name is rare and all. For example LIQUIFY is locked by someone who I literally have no way of contacting as the owner is inactive. The same applies to many worlds like PIXEL locked by Meow.

Just curious, since I'm sure it's been brought up before but is there any update/news on Ubisoft's plan about these issues? There are multiple worlds lock by someone inactive and have not even came back for a good long year or more, or even suspended.

Maybe throwing these world into a lucky draw on the forums would be cool? I know there will be some concerns like "but what if they come back after 2 years" and so on, but some of the world owners are suspended and some don't even make use of the world and we'll never know if they'll ever sell it
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    so, I have friends who struggle to own a world which is the same as their name, mostly because the name is rare and all. For example LIQUIFY is locked by someone who I literally have no way of contacting as the owner is inactive. The same applies to many worlds like PIXEL locked by Meow.

Just curious, since I'm sure it's been brought up before but is there any update/news on Ubisoft's plan about these issues? There are multiple worlds lock by someone inactive and have not even came back for a good long year or more, or even suspended.

Maybe throwing these world into a lucky draw on the forums would be cool? I know there will be some concerns like "but what if they come back after 2 years" and so on, but some of the world owners are suspended and some don't even make use of the world and we'll never know if they'll ever sell it
    Most likely they won't! due to the fact that the devs think that world has been locked rightfully by these players there will be no further notice about these things many people had the same idea as you but usually it can't work because the dev believe that it is rightfully wrong to take someones world without having permission I had the same problem as you but I can't get into contact with the person because they are inactive as well but just hope that they get on at the same time as you do is the best you could hope for Btw nice picture Liquify awesome pet picture
    No one is truly bad at games because everyones good at games you just have to outsmart your opponent to win.

If I enter and win LIQUIFY I will keep it as a flex.

I mean, I kind of think for the sake of game longevity, an expiry system should be introduced for accounts. Accounts offline for more than X days should be deleted, when it comes to worlds it's a delicate subject, because some worlds like SEEDIARY are memorable and shouldn't be reset. Also, it asks the question whether it's fair for a world with active admins but an inactive owner to have the world randomly given away without them having a say. A system could be implemented for worlds with no active owner or admins, but it would need to work on a case-by-case basis, seems like a lot of manpower for what will affect a relatively small population of the game.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

While for some people I'm sure it'd be nice - yourself included - for some people it would probably be seen as unfair. As Oldsock brought up, if the world has active admins (that visit & use the world) then it could be seen as unfair for them. If a world has both inactive owners and admins for extended periods of time, I think it'd be fair game to reset them. Though some worlds should be definitely immune to this.

Personally I'd rather them just focus on worlds owned by suspended players, though. I think auctioning some of those off to the active player base is a really good opportunity to remove a lot of DLs from the economy in one fell swoop.
    The Forum Manual!

Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.

replying to the ones above

yes I can agree some worlds cannot be taken off just like that even though they've been inactive for some long periods, this is why I think some of these worlds need to be discussed perhaps. But for worlds where the owner is literally suspended or the world is nuked, I think it should be put out to the public for an auction/lucky draw

The rules said lock will expire and i wonder how long is it
    Cuz there is unused L wizard in JUALAN and owner got banned 4 years ago
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    How to cook 42 growlectables at once

Master Sorcerer

Last I heard world locks can expire if the owner hasn't been online in a year and no one has visited the world for over a year. This to keep important worlds, with "cultural value' in tact like ITEMS, SEEDIARY, TRADE, etc. Personally I would reduce the time no one can visit the world to a month, as a year is just impossible for any world to actually disintegrate.
    LURD

Growtopia's system for abandoned worlds:

hehe if nobody enters for a year world goes poof

when in reality that will probably never happen.

Tediore is a good company change my mind.

Lesser Wizard

have you ever thought about how they might just restart growtopia one day. i will be so happy that day
    i dont care about you or your problems

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealFroggy View Post
    have you ever thought about how they might just restart growtopia one day. i will be so happy that day
    That would realistically never happen because of IAP purchases and the different opinions of other people.
    IGN: Juvey
    I am not Snowyfox.
    Cry about it

Quote Originally Posted by LURD View Post
    Last I heard world locks can expire if the owner hasn't been online in a year and no one has visited the world for over a year. This to keep important worlds, with "cultural value' in tact like ITEMS, SEEDIARY, TRADE, etc. Personally I would reduce the time no one can visit the world to a month, as a year is just impossible for any world to actually disintegrate.
    this is indeed a thing but the whole downside is that worlds that people actually want, are visited every now and then, some rare worlds with a suspended/inactive owner will never be thrown out

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    While for some people I'm sure it'd be nice - yourself included - for some people it would probably be seen as unfair. As Oldsock brought up, if the world has active admins (that visit & use the world) then it could be seen as unfair for them. If a world has both inactive owners and admins for extended periods of time, I think it'd be fair game to reset them. Though some worlds should be definitely immune to this.

Personally I'd rather them just focus on worlds owned by suspended players, though. I think auctioning some of those off to the active player base is a really good opportunity to remove a lot of DLs from the economy in one fell swoop.
    I like that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to see if they could do something with inactive accounts, I currently have name iCZE and I would really like to get name CZE, but I am pretty sure that owner of that account locked the name (since it's shortcut for our country's name) in first days of Growtopia and never logged on again, I may be wrong, but I haven't ever seen him online or haven't found ANY world connected to that name, it would be good if accounts like this could be removed, if they like, doesn't log on 3 years, I think that 3 years is reasonable number..

Also, what /rules say "Accounts, locks, or worlds may be deleted after longs periods of inactivity."
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.