Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend has attempted suicide because he got scammed [Serious]

Default My friend has attempted suicide because he got scammed [Serious]

Before I start, this is a serious thread and joking about this is not something funny. I am sharing this story to avoid any future incidents, and it is an extremely serious personal matter. I will keep all names confidential of course.

So, this is a very sad story which shows that you shouldn't care about WLs and GT so much. One of my friends (he wasn't the best, and I didn't really talk to him but we sometimes played GT together) was scammed few weeks ago. He lost 193 DLs. I am not exactly how sure the scam went, and to be honest, I didn't care back then. He was very depressed. He basically lost all his money he earned in 6 years of his gameplay, with over 2k hours spent on it all. Over 83 days of non-stop gameplay which he could have spent on studying or working out lost in a snap. What came after is even worse. Just few days later after he got scammed, he waited until his parents left the house and overdosed on pills. He basically took 20x the dosage of aspirin for his body weight, and went to watch a TV. Thankfully, he woke up in hospital 2 days after because his parents came home early that day. Doctors had to artificially intubate him, and perform whole overdose flush by infusing blood. It was scary experience for his relatives, and parents.

I made this thread to say that no matter the circumstances, don't think of WLs and GT as something holding a position in your life. It's just a game and a bunch of pixels. I don't want something similar happening to anyone else, and I pray to God it never will.

Banned

This is very sad, tbh. GT is not worth losing life over

What's worse is you won't even get help from the moderators even if you are scammed and it's not your fault.

I know that it is said in the rules that lost items will never be returned, but some scams are operated through glitches built in-game.

If the story is true though, I feel bad for your friend. Maybe he can try pixel worlds.
    IGN: Eutimio

Discord: Eutimio#0415

Instagram: @Eutimio_GT

My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

Banned

Had a similar experience a few years back. It was my 9th grade and yy best friend at that time told me that his girlfriend (3 of us played GT together) self-harmed because she was scammed some amount of DLs by a friend she trusted. I know the story is true because she showed me the scars on her thighs a few weeks after that happened.

It blows my mind how seriously people can react over losing dls. I'm so glad to hear your friend is ok now, but it's quite hard to believe there's only one reason for something this big. Maybe there was something going on behind the scenes, and getting scammed was only the straw that broke the camel's back? Idk.

Stuff like this is very tough on the people close with the victim, so here's a hug for you.

Contact Me:

Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    It blows my mind how seriously people can react over losing dls. I'm so glad to hear your friend is ok now, but it's quite hard to believe there's only one reason for something this big. Maybe there was something going on behind the scenes, and getting scammed was only the straw that broke the camel's back? Idk.

Stuff like this is very tough on the people close with the victim, so here's a hug for you.
    You are probably right but I don't want to assume anything. I only said what I know. Like I said, we were not very close so I don't know a whole lot about his life.

I remember when i got scammed a UFO in a world trade a few years ago i literally started crying and slapping myself because i spent 15+hours of breaking grass trying to get it
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

That friend was already troubled- and being scammed just set him in the mood to where he could actually go through with something he was already thinking about.

The world locks had been filling a void that he already had before gt, and when they were taken it ripped that void open.
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

DLs is like the equivalent of your hard work and just looking at yourself lose all those hard work in a snap is just painful, so I understand.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

that cruel. i hope in this game aren't became suicidal game again. that would be happens if people had an asphyxiated after got scammed

Oh Growtopia and Splatoon 2 makes spliceable?!

IGN: Apen3056
    Level: 56/125

Growtopia x Splatoon lover!

Honestly I thought the worst thing after getting scammed is quitting, nothing else...

Suicide over GT is dumb, but those DLs are something that's equivalent to your friend's hard work and it sure hurts a lot to lose them all at once, like, really hurts, hopefully your friend could get over it soon
    Last edited by Deftera; 05-07-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and otaku
    Latest Youtube Video:

Join the Trumpet Smelling Gang by doing /dab with a trumpet!