Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it legal to use alts to get multiple guild challenge prizes?

Master Sorcerer

Default Is it legal to use alts to get multiple guild challenge prizes?

Basically, you get a guild with a bunch of alts and they participate in the guild challenge minimally (e.g. do 1 star mission, do 1 surgery, break 1 crystal, etc), and then your main account pushes your guild placing to a top 3 ranking. All your alts will get a guild challenge prize and you make a lot more wls than if you only did it by yourself. Would that be legal?
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

yeah probably

nothing wrong with that
    ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
    discord: darkphantic#7895

Master Sorcerer

need some answers from the rule makers, bump

It's pretty legal, you deserve the prize cause you have to contribute 1 point at LEAST.

I don't see anything wrong with that.
    IGN: Bardes
    Instagram: @bardesgrowtopia
    Discord: Bardes#3326

Should be legal as long as you don't create more accounts for the job than what's allowed to. I don't know what the limit is, but let's say that you're allowed to create 5 accounts. If you make more than that and use them to collect guild prizes then you're probably going to get yourself in trouble.

Don't take my word on this, since this is just what I've heard about the legality of using alt accounts for Geiger Counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Climper View Post
    Should be legal as long as you don't create more accounts for the job than what's allowed to. I don't know what the limit is, but let's say that you're allowed to create 5 accounts. If you make more than that and use them to collect guild prizes then you're probably going to get yourself in trouble.

Don't take my word on this, since this is just what I've heard about the legality of using alt accounts for Geiger Counters.
    If you abused your way on making the number of your alt accounts, such as avoiding account limit per device/ip address, then yes it's illegal
    Growtopia is the Best Game Ever!!

or at least it did way back 2015.

Goals :

* Win VOTW : Completed
    * Dr. Title : No idea/5,000
    * Legendary Title : Maybe after 3 years
    * Sponsor the Spark Eyes : Never

You may not abuse alts in daily challenges in any way - whether that be to earn additional points at unfair rates or to gain extra prizes to earn more from the challenges.

Players absolutely will be punished if they're found to be abusing alts in daily challenges.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    You may not abuse alts in daily challenges in any way - whether that be to earn additional points at unfair rates or to gain extra prizes to earn more from the challenges.

Players absolutely will be punished if they're found to be abusing alts in daily challenges.
    What classifies as an alt? Am I allowed to use two accounts and score to get two prizes?
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

[Clash] Having alts in your own guild and taking rewards with them is also illegal? (2 or 3 accounts to be exact and I haven't used VPN in any way)
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Master Sorcerer

1. Is it allowed for someone else's alt to help you out with the daily challenge, while that someone's main account does not do the daily challenge?

For example, someone's alternate account could stay in a GEIGERHILLS world and tell his friend via voice chat the location of his signal, while that someone's main account could be doing something else, like farming.

Or someone's alt account could afk in a friend's world before Mutant Kitchen so that the prepared ingredients that his friend put in will not expire, while that someone's main account could be doing something else that isn't the daily challenge.

If this were not allowed, how would you classify as an alternate account? How do you know if it isn't the actual main account helping out?

2. Would it count as alt abuse if I were to use my alt account to summon a boss ghost during the Boo Blast daily challenge?

3. Would it count as alt abuse if I were to perform surgery on an alternate account during Malady Mash/Doctor's Duel?

4. Would it count as alt abuse if I were to use pineapples on my alternate account during Pineapple Panic?

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    1. Is it allowed for someone else's alt to help you out with the daily challenge, while that someone's main account does not do the daily challenge?

For example, someone's alternate account could stay in a GEIGERHILLS world and tell his friend via voice chat the location of his signal, while that someone's main account could be doing something else, like farming.

Or someone's alt account could afk in a friend's world before Mutant Kitchen so that the prepared ingredients that his friend put in will not expire, while that someone's main account could be doing something else that isn't the daily challenge.

If this were not allowed, how would you classify as an alternate account? How do you know if it isn't the actual main account helping out?

2. Would it count as alt abuse if I were to use my alt account to summon a boss ghost during the Boo Blast daily challenge?

3. Would it count as alt abuse if I were to perform surgery on an alternate account during Malady Mash/Doctor's Duel?

4. Would it count as alt abuse if I were to use pineapples on my alternate account during Pineapple Panic?

Seems like you've been abusing all these things in the past daily challenges If so, you should be punished (if they're illegal). You had a lot of time to ask by either pming a mod on forums or contacting a mod in any sort of way
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    Seems like you've been abusing all these things in the past daily challenges If so, you should be punished (if they're illegal). You had a lot of time to ask by either pming a mod on forums or contacting a mod in any sort of way
    Like you abusing the legality of in game bullying? He asked didn't he? He could've simply kept his mouth shut and abused it but he asked in a polite way to not get punish unknowingly.