Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: Real Reason?

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Tituksss GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    427

    Question Real Reason?

    What is the real reason behind shutting down the console servers? Was it because of money lack, or as said, because of time lack? What do you think?

  2. #2
    Squire Vinceando's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Growtopia isn't really fit for a controller, It's just hard.

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Tituksss GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinceando View Post
    Growtopia isn't really fit for a controller, It's just hard.
    If you told that as a reason then boii it's not hard at all

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard WLCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    465

    Default

    It's because consoles are not sustainable. It's hard to maintain it as there are 20 times more people playing the mobile and PC version that needs more support from the game. And as we all know, there are only about 1-2 thousand players in the console version which means Ubisoft does not earn as much money as the mobile version, and live servers cost a lot of money. To prevent losing more money, and focus on the Mobile & PC version, I believe they have come to this decision.

    You should also give these a read:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...te-of-Consoles
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...e-for-Consoles
    Instagram : @welca.gt
    Discord : WLCA#7758

    Buying ALL Extract-o-Snaps!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    3,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WLCA View Post
    It's because consoles are not sustainable. It's hard to maintain it as there are 20 times more people playing the mobile and PC version that needs more support from the game. And as we all know, there are only about 1-2 thousand players in the console version which means Ubisoft does not earn as much money as the mobile version, and live servers cost a lot of money. To prevent losing more money, and focus on the Mobile & PC version, I believe they have come to this decision.

    You should also give these a read:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...te-of-Consoles
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...e-for-Consoles

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Make sure to read the announcements properly.

    Read & ****yze

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  6. #6

    Default

    Growtopia was honestly the perfect game for switch but having it on xbox and ps4 was bot the best idea.

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Tituksss GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WLCA View Post
    It's because consoles are not sustainable. It's hard to maintain it as there are 20 times more people playing the mobile and PC version that needs more support from the game. And as we all know, there are only about 1-2 thousand players in the console version which means Ubisoft does not earn as much money as the mobile version, and live servers cost a lot of money. To prevent losing more money, and focus on the Mobile & PC version, I believe they have come to this decision.

    You should also give these a read:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...te-of-Consoles
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...e-for-Consoles
    Not everything that developers say is true. It's the same as believing Wikipedia...

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    3,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tituksss GT View Post
    Not everything that developers say is true. It's the same as believing Wikipedia...
    The Wikepedia articles can be edited by anyone but with this, it's the owners of the game speaking. What do you want to believe in? It's there, they said it. What else do you want them to say? You want to make them say on what you believe? C'mon.

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tituksss GT View Post
    What is the real reason behind shutting down the console servers? Was it because of money lack, or as said, because of time lack? What do you think?
    Lack of profit

  10. #10
    Knight SirJace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mars!
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tituksss GT View Post
    Not everything that developers say is true. It's the same as believing Wikipedia...
    What would you rather belive. Karen who gets her information from her local Yoga Instructor or A Scientists who know what they are doing and learning new things everyday. That's basically Growtopia .The Devs and some Random guy you met in a BFG
    saying different things.
    Comic Sans is a Good Font

  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard Sumotravis30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    yes.
    Posts
    389

    Default

    The Community Managers have already addressed on the issue with Console's problem, it's not something that they'll just bring up out of nowhere, and use it to justify unplugging the life support of the console servers (there's already about 1-3 announcements before, along with the fact that the updates are poorly maintained), so I don't see why you think there's some other underlying (conspiracy theory of a) reason to the closing of console servers.
    This is Sumo. He's just a random level 69 Growtopian.

    That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer spotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Homeless
    Posts
    715

    Default

    If there's money there's a way, too bad there isn't.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •