Thread: Bye all. Quitting GT. [READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE ME]

Default Bye all. Quitting GT. [READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE ME]

I know its a pretty long thread, but read if you dont want all your hardwork gone in a second.

So, today i saw an sb that is telling they giveaway a GT account, giving its username and password. So, i tried to log in on that account (on growtopia) and it work (but i cant log in into the account since it always disconnected due to people logging in). So, i return back to my original account.

Someone tell me that this will result on my account being compromised, meaning if that account got banned, my original account will get banned since our IP is now linked (i think? I dont really know how this work.)

Isnt it convenient knowing you can spend 25 wl for megaphone, sb-ed about "leaked" account claiming that they giveaway the account and people who dont have the knowledge (like me) is at risk of being banned. Im certain that its not just me who fall into this kind of trap. Imagine how many people will get banned if he/she use 25dls on megaphone. Its not like im trying to scam or anything. All that hardwork. All that years, days, hours. Poof.

Ps: i have played for 5 years and 2.5k hours. All that hardwork and time, gone in a matter of a second.

Bye everyone. Thanks for all the good time
    GOALS:
    Royal Lock [0/1]
    Magplant 5000 [1/3]
    Rayman Fist [1/1]

I like wiggly worm ;.;

IGN: Nupinup
    Instagram: nupinupgt

I don't think you should quit. The last person who used the "giveaway account" and did intentionally ban it, will end up getting his/her IP banned. I don't know if all people who login to that account will end up banned but I think it only applies on their IP addresses and not their accounts.

In short, your account is safe.
    WOTD: 3 (in BESTBEACHINGT, ANUBIANCITY & ZODIACSKY)

VOTW: 1 (Out of Growtopia Icon)

Quote Originally Posted by iKevin20 View Post
    I know its a pretty long thread, but read if you dont want all your hardwork gone in a second.

So, today i saw an sb that is telling they giveaway a GT account, giving its username and password. So, i tried to log in on that account (on growtopia) and it work (but i cant log in into the account since it always disconnected due to people logging in). So, i return back to my original account.

Someone tell me that this will result on my account being compromised, meaning if that account got banned, my original account will get banned since our IP is now linked (i think? I dont really know how this work.)

Isnt it convenient knowing you can spend 25 wl for megaphone, sb-ed about "leaked" account claiming that they giveaway the account and people who dont have the knowledge (like me) is at risk of being banned. Im certain that its not just me who fall into this kind of trap. Imagine how many people will get banned if he/she use 25dls on megaphone. Its not like im trying to scam or anything. All that hardwork. All that years, days, hours. Poof.

Ps: i have played for 5 years and 2.5k hours. All that hardwork and time, gone in a matter of a second.

Bye everyone. Thanks for all the good time
    I don't think you should quit like he said ^. you better contact support and tell them about this then see what they gonna say.
    Support my account protection idea here

Instagram: Creators.Gt

Thanks for the replies
    It did give me a little hope

I will try and wait for the support reply.

I will give an update when the support reply.

Thanks
    GOALS:
    Royal Lock [0/1]
    Magplant 5000 [1/3]
    Rayman Fist [1/1]

I like wiggly worm ;.;

You don't have to quit as that is not your account , now u have learnt ur lesson so just don't login the accounts that weren't belongs to you. You can still play Growtopia..

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGMR5055 View Post
    You don't have to quit as that is not your account , now u have learnt ur lesson so just don't login the accounts that weren't belongs to you. You can still play Growtopia..
    But someone tell me that if i log in into an account, then my IP will be connected to that account. So, if that account got banned, i will also get affected.

Also, someone tell me that logging in into another people account is illegal, so contacting support regarding this issue will be a futile effort, is it true?
    GOALS:
    Royal Lock [0/1]
    Magplant 5000 [1/3]
    Rayman Fist [1/1]

I like wiggly worm ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by Creatorss View Post
    I don't think you should quit like he said ^. you better contact support and tell them about this then see what they gonna say.
    Growtopia Support won't help, since logging on someone's account is against the rules & The Growtopian Code.

Nevertheless, If you've logged into someone's account and it got banned, then your account will be affected, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iKevin20 View Post
    But someone tell me that if i log in into an account, then my IP will be connected to that account. So, if that account got banned, i will also get affected.

Also, someone tell me that logging in into another people account is illegal, so contacting support regarding this issue will be a futile effort, is it true?
    It's unfortunate, but that's correct.

Once you've logged into someone's account, all of your accounts will be automatically connected to that account - that's the main reason why you have been affected, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    I don't think you should quit. The last person who used the "giveaway account" and did intentionally ban it, will end up getting his/her IP banned. I don't know if all people who login to that account will end up banned but I think it only applies on their IP addresses and not their accounts.

In short, your account is safe.
    It's unfortunate, but everyone else who has logged on that account - will be banned on their accounts, since logging on someone's account is against the rules & The Growtopian Code.
    Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
    Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

Does anyone has a different opinion regarding this matter

Im sorta confused now

Ps: i contacted the support already. Waiting for their reply now.

I will give the update.
    Last edited by iKevin20; 05-09-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    GOALS:
    Royal Lock [0/1]
    Magplant 5000 [1/3]
    Rayman Fist [1/1]

I like wiggly worm ;.;

DONT GIVE UP YET!

If you use a different device to play your account, it works!

This is completely false. Many of my friends have played on a legendary player's account (he shared his password) who is now permanently suspended for the exploitation of glitches. None of them have been banned for it.
    IGN : Oakum
    Instagram: @oakum.gt
    Discord: OAKUM#0832

1. Growtopian accounts are in no way Trojan horses, so logging onto an account doesn't mean your save.dat file will be copied to the hacker (if there is even one)

2. If your IP did get registered when you log in with that account, there is no way for this supposed hacker to access it (it's with the Ubisoft staff, so you can be assured it's safe), and breach your account with some kind of technological thingamajig of a whatchamacallit-sorcery-boogaloo.

3. If you do somehow get IP banned (because of the account being banned), then go get support and they should be able to fix it when you explained about the account issue. Either way your account is most likely not banned.
    This is Sumo. He's just a random level 71 Growtopian.

That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

Thanks for all the reply everyone. The support have helped me with this issue. I should not have trusted someone that isnt a mods/guardian statement blindly. I panic when i saw someone tell me that logging in into another account is illegal and i might get banned, which is a false statement.

Lesson learned.

Sorry for all the ruckus i made.
    Last edited by iKevin20; 05-12-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    GOALS:
    Royal Lock [0/1]
    Magplant 5000 [1/3]
    Rayman Fist [1/1]

I like wiggly worm ;.;